Chapter 30: Daddy

Unconditional Promise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“My mom’s name is Sandara Park Lee.”

 

As soon as Jiyong heard this, he felt his knees weaken. He knelt down infront of Luna and bowed his head. He closed his eyes. He had a feeling of mixed emotions. Happiness and at the same time sadness.

 

Drops of tears flowed from his eyes.

 

Luna looked at Jiyong and held his face. “Mister, what’s wrong with you? Are you okay? Why are you crying?”

 

Dara was watching both of them. She couldn’t help but cry. She covered so her daughter wouldn’t hear her.

 

Jiyong opened his eyes and looked at Luna. “Baby, can you hug me again?”

 

“Sure thing, handsome mister!” Answered Luna who gladly hugged him and smiled.

 

Jiyong hugged her back. He did his best to collect himself and stood up. He carried Luna in his arms and faced Dara. He looked at her with questions in his eyes. She understood those questions and she nodded. With her reactions, Jiyong got his answer to his question.

 

He walked to Dara’s direction and took her hand while carrying Luna.

 

“Please no disturbance for now. Cancel everything for this afternoon. We will just be in my office.” Advised Jiyong to Minzy and his secretary. He faced Luna’s nanny. “Stay here for a while. We’ll call you later.”

 

All three of them nodded.

 

When Dara, Jiyong and Luna were already inside Jiyong’s office, the three who were left behind looked at each other.

 

“What is happening?” Asked Jiyong’s secretary to Minzy.

 

Minzy scratched her head. “Uhm, I’m not really sure.” She sighed and faced Luna’s nanny. “Should I call Mr. Seunghyun Choi?”

 

Luna’s nanny shook her head. “Miss Dara didn’t say anything. Let them be.”

 

 

Inside Jiyong’s office, he let Dara and Luna sit on the couch.

 

“Dara, we’ll talk after this. I’ll start with Luna first. We’ll talk with only the both of us later.”

 

Dara nodded. She faced Luna and caressed her cheeks. “Baby, we have something very important to tell you. Please listen to us carefully. This is very important, okay?” She said to her softly.

 

Luna nodded. “Okay mommy.”

 

Jiyong faced Luna and went down at her level. “Luna baby, do you know who I am?”

 

“You are handsome mister!” answered Luna gleefully.

 

“My name is Jiyong Kwon. Can you remove your necklace for a while? I’ll give it back after.”

 

Luna looked at Dara for approval. When Dara nodded, she took it off from her neck and gave it to Jiyong.

 

Jiyong gazed at the necklace he designed with all his heart. He knew this very well. He and Dara were just teenagers then. He remembered how he carefully thought of how it would look like on Dara while he was describing it to the jeweller. Now, this little girl in front of him is the one wearing it.

 

“Look at this baby.” He pointed at the back of the butterfly pendant. “Do you see the letters written?”

 

“Uh huh.” Luna answered. “J & D. Mommy says this is from my dad, right mommy?” She looked at Dara and Dara nodded back.

 

“That’s right baby. This is from your dad. The letters in it are J&D. Do you know where your dad is?” Asked Jiyong.

 

Luna shook her head. “Mom says, he isn’t ready yet. When he is ready, mommy will introduce me to him.”

 

“Are you mad at him?”

 

“Uhm, no. Mommy says that he loves me. It’s just that he has to fix a lot of things first. So we have to wait when he is ready.”

 

“Baby, listen carefully okay?” Dara said tenderly.

 

Luna’s brows scrunched. “Hmm, okay.”

 

“What’s my name again?” Asked Jiyong.

 

“You said, your name is Jiyong Kwon, handsome mister!”

 

Jiyong smiled. “Alright baby. This J&D in this butterfly necklace are your mom and dad’s initials.” Jiyong was pointing to the markings. “J&D means… Jiyong and Dara.”

 

Luna’s eyes widened. “You are… You…” Luna’s tears started to fall.

 

Jiyong comforted her immediately. “Yes baby... It’s me… It’s me… I’m here.” He said in between sobs.

 

Luna saw her mom crying. “Mommy…”

 

“Yes baby, It’s true…” Dara replied while wiping her tears.

 

“Handsome mister… are you… ready for us… now?” Luna asked while sobbing.

 

Jiyong hugged her while kissing the top of her head. “I am here baby. I am sorry I only came now. From now on, daddy will not leave your side. I will be here forever.”

 

“Promise? Is that a promise handsome mister?”

 

He nodded. “Luna baby, please don’t call me handsome mister anymore, huh? Call me dad.”

 

“Okay handso--- Okay dad!” Luna now asked Dara. “Will we stay together with daddy now mommy?”

 

“Baby, your dad and I have to talk about that first okay?”

 

“Dad, don’t you want to stay together with us?” She asked Jiyong.

 

Jiyong smiled. “I would love for us to stay together but for now, mommy and I have to talk first.” He went near Luna and whispered in her ear. “I promise I’ll do anything for the three of us to be together.”

 

Luna smiled in delight.

 

 

After a while when Luna was already fine, they called up her nanny to bring her anywhere she wants for now together with her bodyguard. Jiyong instructed them very well to take care of her. He and Dara had to talk.

 

When it was only the two of them left, no one was talking for a while. Both of them were thinking of what to say first.

 

Jiyong sat in front of the couch where Dara was sitting. He sighed. “Dara… why?” He started.

 

She looked at him. “Why?”

 

“Why did you not tell me you were pregnant with our child?”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter