Chapter 32: Mistake

Unconditional Promise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Seunghyun, why did you say that?” It was Dara on the other line.

 

“I’m sorry Dara. I just had to do it.” He was massaging his head. He knew that either Dara or Jiyong would confront him about his statement in his ambush interview. “I was just so… tsk… , I’m sorry baby.”

 

“We’ve talked about this right? Both of us had these kinds of ambush interviews before.” Dara’s tone was so worried.

 

He hated it when she had these reactions just because of him. He never meant to really say that Luna was his child but because of the spur of the moment, his feelings got him. He was too preoccupied of the fact that she wasn’t going to stay with him.

 

After his ambush interview, the phones of their PR departments in Starfield Malls and LGC were ringing nonstop. Both companies have never issued any statements yet. They have been waiting for whatever Dara and Seunghyun would say before they would release anything.

 

“Dara, where are you right now? We have to talk. Please call your lawyers too. I’ll bring mine. Let’s have a meeting.”

 

“I’m at Kwon Hotels HQ. I’ll see you at LGC.”

 

Seunghyun heard a shuffling and a very familiar voice at Dara’s background. “Is Jiyong with you?”

 

“Yes Hyun. He’s at my office right now. He came upon hearing about the ambush interview.”

 

There it is again. The feeling of insecurity that he so wanted to eliminate. He hated it so much. He had never felt it before, not when they came back to Korea. He already knew that this would happen. He didn’t just expect it to happen this fast. He already knew that he doesn’t own Dara’s heart. But still, he hoped and now it hurts.

 

“Hyun, are you still there? Seunghyun?”

 

He shook his head and awakened from his thoughts. “I’m sorry baby. I’ll see you at LGC in one hour.”

 

“Okay. I’ll see you. Bye.”

 

When he heard that the line had already disconnected, “I love you Dara. I’m sorry I won’t let you go.” He whispered.

 

Then he heard someone clear his throat. He looked up and saw his father sitting on the couch in front of his table. He hasn’t seen his father walk in his office while he was on the phone. Why? He was so preoccupied.

 

“Father…”

 

Chairman Choi shook his head. “Keep your heads up son. Collect yourself. What you did is the right thing. You had just secured what is supposed to be yours.”

 

Seunghyun bowed his head and held his nape. “Did I really do the right thing? Dara didn’t like it and… And Jiyong is there.”

 

“So what if Jiyong is there?” His father’s tone became tough. “Don’t mind about Jiyong anymore. You are the one in relationship with Sandara. Get married as soon as possible. Once you get married, change Luna’s family name into Choi and he couldn’t do anything anymore. Fight him Seunghyun. Don’t let him take away your happiness.”

 

“But… Jiyong is Luna’s father. I can’t really take Luna away from Jiyong.”

 

“That’s why changing Luna’s family name is the solution. Once you get married to Sandara then go to court and adopt her. That way, Jiyong’s rights with Luna will lessen.” He sighed. “And besides, you already told the media that Luna is yours. Are you going to lose to Jiyong again? This is your chance!”

 

He breathed hard and massaged his nape.

 

Chairman Choi stood up and started to walk going to the door. He paused and looked at Seunghyun. “You are handling a multinational company. That kind of problem should just be simple for you. Marrying Sandara will put you up a whole lot better. Admitting that you and her have a child is already the start. You are a Choi and we never lose.”

 

 

“WHY DID YOU DO IT?!” A mad Jiyong was holding Seunghyun’s collar ready to hit him again.

 

Dara and their lawyers were trying to pull away the two men fighting at LGC’s conference room.

 

Seunghyun smirked and wiped the blood from his busted lip. He pushed Jiyong and caught Dara’s arm holding him. He looked at Jiyong. “I will not retract my answer. Now that people think I am Luna’s father, I will let it stay that way.”

 

“Hyun, it’s not right. It’s not the truth.” Dara told him in a soft voice. “We are here now to plan how to straighten it, to fix what you have said. That it was just a misunderstanding.”

 

“There will be no statement of me retracting what I said.” Seunghyun shook his head. “I stayed with you even when Luna wasn’t born yet and it will stay that way. Luna is going to be a Choi just as you are.”

 

Jiyong shoved the lawyers holding him and hit Seunghyun again. “My daughter isn’t going to have your family name. Luna and Dara will take my family name. I am going to make sure of that.” Dara hugged him from behind just to stop him from hurting Seunghyun again.

 

Seunghyun chuckled. “What can you do now Jiyong? If it wasn’t for Dara’s money, your company won’t even rise back again. If it wasn’t for Dara, your company would turn into ashes. If it wasn’t for Dara, Minho and Seungri would have stripped you and your family of everything.”

 

“WHAT THE IS THIS?” A loud voice was coming from the door of the conference room. “What the are you two s doing in LGC? I don’t remember us holding a ringfight inside the company.”

 

“Minho…” Dara said.

 

Jiyong stopped and shook his head.

 

“What is happening here? I thought you two s are fixing the issue that you, Seunghyun, have made.”

 

“Again, I am not going to retract my statement.” Seunghyun firmly said.

 

“What?” Minho said in an angry voice.

 

Seunghyun looked at the three of them. “I will let the issue stay that way. I will let people believe that Luna is mine. My marriage with Dara is going to happen and nobody, not even you Minho is going to stop me.”

 

He faced Minho. “I have been with your sister the whole 5 years and people have seen me with her all the time. If you are going to say that Jiyong is the father of Luna, what would people say about her huh? People would say that she is carrying another man’s baby while she’s with me. Do you know the impact of that on Dara’s reputation?”

 

He now looked at Jiyong. “Your love won’t be enough to save my girlfriend’s reputation. People won’t easily accept that.”

 

Minho held his nape. “! As much as I don’t want to accept him, I admit he’s right Jiyong. If you are going to tell the public that you are Luna’s father then Dara’s name would be ruined.”

 

Jiyong shook his head. He felt his world turning. “Why is it that everytime I can achieve my happiness in just a grasp, stupid things happen?” He questioned himself.

 

“I’m sorry Ji.” Dara’s voice softened. “It’s all my fault.”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter