Chapter 2: New Team

Unconditional Promise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

At KHG...

 

“What’s up dad!” Jiyong is now entering Kwon Hyuk Bin’s office. Hyuk bin is the CEO of KHG and the father of Jiyong while Jiyong is the VP Of Operations for KHG.

 

“Sit down son.”

 

“Is there anything wrong? Do you need me to do anything dad?”

 

“Jiyong, do you have any issues with LGC? I’ve heard that you have been rejecting their plans and designs for the Incheon Project. I have personally seen some of them and honestly saying, they are great. Remember that LGC is one of the best when it comes to building design and construction. Why did you let them win in the first place if you plan to keep rejecting them?” Hyuk Bin was so confused with whatever his son’s plan is. He has seen his son rejecting a lot of projects before but not as good as this one. He knows that Jiyong aims to be the best in everything but is sometimes doubtful on how he plans and executes them. He trusts his son so much and he knows that he is best at what he does but sometimes Jiyong’s ways on achieveing his accomplishments are unpredictable.

 

“KHG has the best hotels dad. I want LGC to also give us their best.”

 

“But Kim Soo Hyun is LGC’s best. He designed a lot of amazing structures together with his team. Even government projects are given to him because of his brilliant ideas. He has been presenting plans after plans to you Jiyong. Some of them are even approved by the board but why do you keep on rejecting them?”

 

“I’m sorry dad but I don’t believe that he is LGC’s best. You know very well that they have somebody better.”

 

“Son, are you now talking about Soo Man’s daughter?”

 

Jiyong shrugged.

 

“She is based in the United States Jiyong. She and Soo Man’s older son stays there. They’ve got a lot of big projects. Even bigger than our Incheon Project. I don’t think they are going to bring her home for this.”

 

“Oh they will dad. They will come home. Trust me on this.”

 

“Okay son, but this should happen sooner. We have a time frame here and a lot of time had already been wasted. Don’t make the board hate me. Most especially you.”

 

Without Hyuk Bin’s knowledge, Jiyong already knew that Dara and Minho have already arrived in Korea. He paid somebody at the airport to tip him when the two have already arrived.

 

Jiyong is the only son of Kwon Hyuk Bin and is the heir of KHG so that means that he only wants what is best for the company. In the business world, he is considered to be a cold-blooded, ruthless businessman. Hyuk Bin knows that his son is is very successful and very dependable but he sometimes doesn’t understand his ways. What Jiyong wants, Jiyong gets. He does everything he can even in the most unusual way possible. Sometimes, Hyuk Bin doesn’t even know what he does anymore. He tries to question Jiyong but he doesn’t give his father the exact details. His goal is to become successful in anything for his family and the company.

 

The Kwon Hotel and Resort in Incheon or as they name as the ‘Incheon Project’ was specifically assigned to him to oversee and operate. This was the biggest project of the company. He was given the right to to decide in a lot of things. His father and the board wanted him to start and manage this since this will be a big factor for them to decide if he can take his father’s position.

 

Jiyong’s sister and only sibling, Dami Kwon, now manages Kwon Hotels in Paris. She has already made it clear that she doesn’t want to take any position in Korea since she enjoys her life so much in Paris. She’s married to a Korean also based there and are blessed with two children. It is now all up to Jiyong to stand and take position in the head office when their father wanted to step down.

 

If Jiyong won’t succeed in showing and proving the board that he is the right choice in the office then Kim Jaejoong will now take the posiiton.

 

Kim Jaejoong is the VP of Marketing for KHG and is considered to be excellent at doing his job. Jaejoong is Jiyong’s biggest rival when it comes to KHG. His family is one of the biggest investors that is why a lot are also in favor of him. In contrast with Jiyong’s attitude, Jaejoong is a warm hearted man. He tries to be friendly to the employees of KHG. He smiles and tries to bring up a good atmosphere whenever the employees are down. That makes everybody especially girls like him.

 

On the brighter side, Jiyong and Jaejoong are included in the list of Most Eligible Bachelors of South Korea. They’ve got the looks, the money and the career that a lot of women like and want to have. Girls (idols, actresses, heirs, you name them...) would do everything just to get their attention. Included in that list are also Seunghyun and Minho. Although Minho stayed a lot of time in the United States with Dara, he was still included since he is a Korean.

 

...

 

Dara is now standing in front of LGC building. It was beautiful and tall, standing proudly among other buildings. Outside, it was mostly made of glass and steel that when the sun shines at it, it reflects its brightness like the water. There were some tall trees around it. At the back, it has a small flower garden and everyone was in awe at how beautiful it was maintained. The maintenance crew and the landscape artist really worked hard on that. In front of the building, it has some beautiful fountains inside a pond with lots of Koi fish in it. The middle of the pond has the bright logo of LGC very neatly made. The pond was round in shape that cars could go around it, pass the front entrance of the building and round again to exit.

 

The building was beautifully made to showcase how talented and excellent the company is. It was deisgned to impress all past, present and future clients. The building itself is a proof of what LGC is.

 

While looking at it, she felt so proud of being part of LGC and being a legal member of the Lee family. Soo Man still wanted to change Dara’s family name to Lee but she still insisted to retain the Park family name in honor of his late father, Park Jin Young. Because of that, Soo Man respected her decision but is still hoping that one day, he could encourage her to finally change it to his family name. The reason why he wanted to change it to Lee is because he didn’t want other people to be asking why her daughter Dara had a different family name. He wanted her to be known as his daughter without any questions.

 

Upon entering, she was greeted by the guards and employees of the company. They know well who she is. Eventhough Dara and Minho had stayed far from Korea in a long time, each employee would still remember their faces since one of the Lee family portrait is framed and hanged on a large lounge for VIPs.

 

The 25th floor is where the CEO’s office is located and she needs to get there fast.

 

Minho wasn’t around since he was assigned to inspect and to familiarize with the other offices that they have.

 

While on her way to the CEO’s office, she met Kim Soo Hyun.

 

“Hello Miss Park. I’m Kim Soo Hyun, Head Architect of L

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter