Chapter 27: Permission and Difference

Unconditional Promise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Chairman Lee, Mr. Choi Seunghyun is here.” His secretary told him through the phone.

 

“You can let him in now.” He answered.

 

Seunghyun entered  Chairman Lee’s office as soon as his secretary gave him the go signal. He bowed down at his girlfriend’s father. “Hello Chairman Lee.”

 

Chairman Lee looked at him seriously. “This meeting must be very important that you have to schedule an appointment with me without my daughter’s knowledge.” He crossed his arms in his chest. “Sit down President Choi.”

 

“Yes, Mr. Chairman. This meeting is very important.” He sat down on the leather couch in the office. Chairman Lee chose to sit on the single seater facing Seunghyun. “ I apologize for not informing Dara about this meeting that’s why I chose a day that she isn’t here.”

 

Chairman Lee furrowed his brows. “What must be the reason why you don’t want my daughter to know?”

 

“Mr. Chairman, Dara hasn’t been here in Korea for five years and I have been with her in Europe in those because of our project together and it is almost done. We have been in a relationship for two years and I treasure every day I am with her. I love your daughter very much sir.” Seunghyun started.

 

“Are you telling me what I think you are telling me, or am I wrong?” Chairman Lee’s tone was scary. “Let’s cut the chase Seunghyun.”

 

Seunghyun stood up and knelt infront of him. “Chairman Lee, I would like to marry your daughter.”

 

He looked at him and nodded. “You know son, I would like you to become part of my family so much. Your father is one of my close friends. He is one of my pals.” He held Seunghyun’s shoulders.  “ I can see that you love my daughter. I can see how much you cherish her and I know that you will give the world to her.”

 

Seunghyun looked at him with worry in his eyes. He can feel the doubt in his tone.

 

Chairman Lee helped him stand up from kneeling and let him sit back down on the couch. “But the decision will still lie on the hands of my daughter. This is the kind of business that I don’t meddle in. Dara is my only daughter and I will let her decide on that.”

 

“Will you give me your blessing?” Seunghyun asked.

 

He smiled. “Of course President Seunghyun Choi. You have my blessings. Anyone that would love my daughter more than himself, respects her and has the courage to ask me man-to-man will receive my blessing.”

 

Seunghyun was relieved. He breathed and started to relax.

 

“I have one question to ask Seunghyun.” Chairman Lee’s voice went back to being serious.

 

“Yes sir, what is it?”

 

“How about our Luna. What is your plan?”

 

“I will take Luna as my own sir. I love her too.  If it will be okay with Dara, I will let Luna carry my name so she won’t feel different when Dara and I will have a child on our own.”

 

Chairman Lee nodded. He knew how close Luna and Seunghyun are. “How about Jiyong Kwon?”

 

Seunghyun paused and thought well. Yes, that crossed his mind but he hasn’t thought about it. Yes he loves Luna but he wasn’t ready with the idea that Jiyong was there to take his happiness away.

 

“You know very well that Jiyong Kwon has a right to Luna.”

 

Chairman Lee’s voice echoed in his head. ‘Jiyong... right... Luna....’ Images of Jiyong carrying Luna in his arms and smiling widely while Dara was beside them lovingly looking, crossed his mind. His heart ached. He already felt that he was home with Dara and Luna. He found happiness in them. But he realized that there is a man who can take away that happiness.... take away his home...

 

Seunghyun cleared his throat and blurted out what came to his mind first. “Then me and Jiyong will have to talk about it sir.”

 

“You won’t stop Jiyong?”

 

“I won’t sir.” Seunghyun answered formally. ‘I hope I don’t have to stop you Jiyong. I can’t give up my happiness to you again.’ He thought to himself.

 

“That’s good then Seunghyun. That’s good. Family is very important to me... I know that you know that.”

 

...

 

Flashback five years ago...

 

When Seunghyun brought Dara to the hospital, she almost lost their baby. The doctor said that Dara almost miscarried the child because she experienced a strong physical impact like falling. That was more so confirmed when they also discovered a big bruise on Dara’s back. In addition to falling, it may also be because she was so stressed that time.

 

The doctor advised the family that she needed to be away from stress. She needed to be away from everything that could make her feel bad.

 

Her body could conceive a child normally but her system failed. She  had a high risk pregnancy. Chairman Lee now decided to bring Dara out of the country to keep her and the baby safe. Away from everyone that could harm her, even away from Jiyong.

 

Chairman Lee and Minho ordered someone to know everything that happened. They didn’t want to ask Dara directly since they were extra careful on her situation. She was still unconscious on those couple of days she was in Samsung Medical Center.  As soon as they knew what happened, they were enraged.

 

Everything that happened to Dara on the day they were kidnapped came back to them. Dara almost lost her life in order to save Jiyong. This time, she almost lost her child also because of Jiyong, AGAIN...

 

Minho couldn’t think well. Anger was clouding him. He was determined to bring Jiyong and KHG down. He was contemplating and blaming himself why he sided with Jiyong over everyone else. He guarded Dara away from everyone who would like to date her because he believed in Jiyong. He believed he was the best for her. Guilt crept in him. He even was against Seunghyun dating his sister.

 

‘But look at who is with them this time. Look at who is taking care of his sister this time?’ He thought. The very man he didn’t want his sister to be with. Seunghyun was with them. He drove Seunghyun away too but the man didn’t back down. He faced him without fear.

 

He looked at Seunghyun sitting on the chair near Dara’s bed, looking at her dearly. Her sister is pregnant. Seunghyun knew it because the doctors even thought that he was the father. But he is still there, not leaving her. Even without Dara telling who the father of her baby was, they knew it was Jiyong. He was the only boyfriend his sister had. Now, he was thinking deeply why they broke up. ‘Did Jiyong not want their baby’

 

At that time Minho saw his sister lying down on the hospital bed unconscious, he couldn’t take it. His heart was being squeezed. He had the trauma of seeing his sister like that again. Fear and pain was what he was feeling.

 

Chairman Lee was trying his best to be strong while looking at his daughter, his only princess. He couldn’t believe it was happening again. He saw the anxiety in Minho’s eyes. He had to be strong for his family, for his children.

 

As soon as Seungri was informed of what happened, he flew back to Korea immediately. He was the only one showing his emotions and tearing u

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter