Chapter 29: Handsome Mister

Unconditional Promise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I told you to tell me if you can’t make it on time so I will be the one to fetch Luna.” Minho was like a mom nagging Dara.

 

They were in the living room of Dara’s penthouse. Luna, her nanny and bodyguard arrived safely home, thanks to Seunghyun. It was already late so they let her sleep in her own bedroom. Minho came to their place afterwards.

 

Dara looked at him like she lost big time. “I’m sorry. I never thought someone would still be interested if it was Seunghyun who will fetch her.”

 

“Of course they would be interested. Remember that you and him are together, even though it is just for the sake of business, you are still together.” Minho sighed. “Well, it’s already done. Are you ready to answer questions and let my niece face our world?”

 

“I wouldn’t say anything not unless I have talked to Jiyong first.”

 

“That’s right. There’s that dickhead Jiyong too. If you were not my sister, I wouldn’t let you help that guy. If you don’t love him that much, I would have totally stripped him off everything.”

 

“Minho please? I have my own faults too so please not anymore.” Dara pleaded.

 

“Aisht! You almost lost your life because of him. I almost lost my niece because of him too. I wouldn’t wait for something really wrong to happen to both of you anymore.” Minho ruffled his hair because of annoyance. “If it was just me, I wouldn’t let Seunghyun Choi be with you too.”

 

“So who would you prefer for me then?”

 

“I’ve got my buddy Donghae. He’s perfect for you.”

 

“Donghae couldn’t saty put in one place. I couldn’t live with that.”

 

Minho shrugged his shoulders.

 

“Seunghyun is good to me and Luna. That is why I agreed. I know us being together was because of business in the first place but it isn’t his fault too. Us being together is to strengthen the ties of the company and it was successful, isn’t it?”

 

“Tsk, I’m sorry Dara. I’m just worried that both companies would require both of you to get married already. If you will get married to him, the business partnership will go on full blast. Seunghyun is the only heir of Starfield, you will have full access to it without any restriction but we don’t need it.”

 

“If I don’t agree to the marriage, would that be fine for dad?”

 

Minho went near her and held her shoulders. “Look, I know Seunghyun’s feelings for you. If it was just him, I know he really wanted you. But how about you? You can’t be tied to a person you don’t love. We’ll talk to dad. Like what I said, we don’t need the full partnership with them. If they cut their ties with us, so what? We are bigger! So don’t worry huh?”

 

Dara grinned mischievously.

 

He immediately let go of her. “I don’t like that smile.”

 

“Why?” She teased.

 

“That smile is telling me, you still love the motherer.” He looked away. “So, how are you going to tell the jackass that he is the father of my niece?”

 

She scratched her head. “I still don’t know.”

 

“Do you want me to tie him up so he couldn’t do anything when you tell him?”

 

Dara rolled her eyes. “Jiyong wouldn’t hurt me. He would be angry. But that’s it.”

 

“He can never lay even a finger on you or my niece or I am going to kill him.”

 

...

 

That night, Jiyong saw the news on tv about Seunghyun fetching a child in the airport.

 

“Whose child is that?” He said to himself. He was at his apartment unit working at his laptop when the news was shown on tv.

 

“Is it really his?” He shook his head. “Does Dara know this?”

 

What Jiyong knew was Dara and Seunghyun became together around two years ago. He started contemplating.

 

“If the child is around four years of age, it couldn’t be his child to Dara. It must be with another woman. Because if it was Seunghyun’s child with Dara then I am sure that Chairman Lee or Minho or even Chairman Choi would let them get married at once.”

 

“Aigoo, I don’t know him anymore.” He held his nape and stretched. “Why am I even thinking of Seunghyun’s child anyway.”

 

He went to the kitchen to get some coffee and continued his work.

 

As he was typing away and researching, there was one thing that couldn’t get off his mind.

 

“Four years old... Dara in London for five years...”

 

Then he stopped. He furrowed his brows.

 

He opened another window on his screen and searched for the picture of the child with Seunghyun. Unfortunately, in every picture that was taken, her face was covered or blurry.

 

He breathed hard...

 

“Dara, is the child yours? If it is, then baby I know it isn’t Seunghyun’s.”

 

Jiyong is now itching to go to Dara’s house. The problem was, he still doesn’t know where it is. He became restless. He brought out his phone and pressed the call on her number. No one was answering.

 

He shook his head.

 

“Baby, you can’t lie to me... If the child is yours, then I know and I’m sure that she isn’t Seunghyun’s... That little girl could be mine.”

 

...

 

Days had passed since the news was shown on tv but Dara had never been to Kwon hotels. Jiyong had been passing by her office in their building every time but there was no Dara. Whenever he calls her, it is always being directed to her new EA Minzy. Minzy was asking him if he would like to schedule an appointment with Dara but he refused anyway.

 

Because of restlessness, he decided to go to the park near their office. There were children playing in the park. He sat at a bench under a huge tree and inserted his earphones to listen to music. This could always make him relax. He leaned on the bench and closed his eyes for a while.

 

After some time, a little girl sat on the same bench as him. She was singing.

 

Jiyong heard the little girl singing near him so he opened his eyes. He saw a very beautiful little girl with long brown hair, milky skin and chinky eyes.

 

She looked at him. “Mister, why are you sleeping here? Someone mig

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter