Chapter 17: Hot Chocolate

Unconditional Promise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Minho and Chairman Lee were at a meeting at the LGC conference room with foreign investors when Chairman Lee’s secretary came knocking at the door. She came in with a reluctant and worried smile while looking at them.

 

Chairman Lee sensed the worry from his secretary so he asked her. “What is it Jiyeon?”

 

“Uhmm.” She was thinking of the right words to say. “Sir, uhmm... I think you should see this.” She took the tv remote and turned it on. Everybody was looking at her while she was flipping the channels, including the foreign investors.

 

The Lee men’s eyes went wide when they saw what was on the tv screen. The host of the show was talking while videos were played over and over again.

 

“Is this hinting for the wedding of the century?

 

The LGC princess Sandara Park and the KHG heir Jiyong Kwon have been spotted romatically in front of KHG’s main office. Mr. Kwon was seen hurriedly carrying Miss Park to his car this afternoon and went off.

 

The two have been considered as the dream couple for everyone. They’ve got the looks, money and power.

 

Miss Park and Mr. Kwon have been caught dating numerous times by our staff so there is no way that those two aren’t together.

 

Are they taking their relationship on the next level? Are wedding bells going to be heard soon?

 

Let’s find out what would happen next for the Power Couple of South Korea!”

 

Another knock was heard and this time, it was Minho’s secretary. “Sir, you left your phone at your office and it had been ringing many times.” She handed the ringing phone to him.

 

“Hello Chaerin?”

 

Chairman Lee was looking at Minho while he was talking to Chaerin on the phone. He saw him furrowing his brows and holding his nape while nodding.

 

When the call ended, Minho talked to his father. “Dad don’t worry about that.” He pointed at the tv. “Jiyong carried Dara to his car cause she had leg cramps. She couldn’t walk well.”

 

“Where is she? Is she okay?” Chairman Lee asked.

 

“She’s fine now. Chaerin’s with them.” Minho made up an excuse so that their father won’t go looking for Dara and Jiyong. He was worried that his father would even ask their bodyguards to go look for them. His father hired the best bodyguards for their family ever since that fateful episode in their life that they were trying hard to forget. It would be very easy for their bodyguards to go search for the two.

 

Chaerin told Minho everything. She also passed on Jiyong’s message for him that’s why he made an excuse. Dara and Jiyong would be gone for three days. He was praying that his father would not look for Dara while they are away. Maybe he would just say that she’s in Incheon or she went on a trip with Chaerin for three days provided that Chaerin would hide from his father until Dara comes back.

 

The foreign investors spoke. “Chairman Lee, we would like to ask something.”

 

“What is it?” He answered.

 

“I noticed that the lady in the video is the renowned young architect Sandara Park. Is she your daughter?”

 

“Yes. She is also LGC’s Chief Design Officer. Why?

 

“Wow! She is so young and has already achieved a lot. By the way, can we set-up a meeting with her?”

 

“Meeting?” Chairman Lee tilted his head. “For what? Are you going to ask her to design something for you?”

 

“Not really that Chairman.”

 

He was confused.

 

“You’re daughter is so beautiful. She has a face of an angel and a gorgeous body. Her whole package from head to toe looks so elegant and expensive.”

 

Chairman Lee looked at them sharply while crossing his arm on his chest. Minho on the other hand stood up from his seat ready to pounce on them.

 

“Oh, don’t get me wrong Chairman.” The investor raised both his hands and asked them to calm down. “We would like your daughter to become a model for our brand. She is the epitome of a woman full of class. We’ve been trying to get her contact details for a very long time but we always failed. This time, we can’t let this opportunity pass us. I guess investing here was the bridge for us to get to her.”

 

Chairman Lee signalled Minho to sit down. Then he faced the investors. “I can’t decide for her on those things. What we can do is to give you an appointment with her. Whatever she will decide, we will support her.”

 

“That’s great sir. It would be a great honor for us even just to meet your daughter. Thank you very much!”

 

...

 

When Jiyong and Dara left KHG, Jiyong made a few calls to make the necessary arrangements for his unplanned kidnap getaway with Dara. He made all of them while he was driving to the airport.

 

Dara couldn’t sit still yet. She was always asking him where they were going.

 

Jiyong was just chuckling while she was whining. He shook his head. “You are still my Dara.”

 

“What?” She looked at him. “Why won’t you tell me where we are going?”

 

“Don’t worry, you’ll love it! You’ll see!” He smiled at her.

 

She huffed at her seat and crossed her arms. “I don’t even have anything with me. My car is left at your company and my things are all there. Even my phone. The only thing in my pocket is my car key.”

 

“That’s good!” Jiyong nodded. “Don’t worry about your car. They are going to watch over it.”

 

“It’s not my car I’m worried about. What if my dad calls me and nobody answers?”

 

“What will happen if nobody answers your phone?”

 

“Dad will send someone to look for me immediately. They will do anything just to find me.”

 

Jiyong smiled. “Chaerin talked to Minho. Everything will be alright. Your brother will take care of it.”

 

“Does Minho know this too?”

 

“Not really but Chaerin will explain to him, so just relax.”

 

When Dara looked outside the window, she was surprised to see that they were at the airport. “Jiyong, are we going out of the country? I don’t have my passport.”

 

“No baby. You don’t need your passport to where we are going.” He parked his Bentley on a private hangar and went out. He opened Dara’s door and offered his hand to her. Jiyong did not let go of her hand while they went to a private jet waiting for them.

 

They were going to Jeju Island.

 

Upon arriving at Jeju, Jiyong brought Dara to a breathtaking private beach. Dara felt so happy. The smile on her face was so evident. Infront of the private beach was an elegant two-storey villa with three regular bedrooms and a huge master bedroom. There was a stunning pool at the side with a mini bar in it.

 

He guided her as they entered.

 

Dara admired the house immediately. “Jiyong, whose house is this? Is this yours?”

 

“If the owner will share it with me then it’s mine too.” He answered.

 

“What do you mean? Is it not yours? Whose is it then?”

 

“Don’t worry about that. The owner knows we are here.”

 

Dara looked around the magnificent living room. The pieces were so elegant yet so cozy. She loved them. “Whoever the owner is, they’ve got good taste. I would like to meet them someday.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter