Chapter 1: Coming Home

Unconditional Promise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Days went by and the gossip blew up turning Dara’s quiet world upside down. She had been tagged as the third party and the cause of Jiyong and Suzy’s break up.

 

Suzy made the news bigger telling everybody that Dara tried to steal Jiyong from her.

 

Yes, Dara was a nerd but if you look at her through those glasses and pass the books, she is very pretty. She’s got very attractive light brown eyes, milky fair skin, pretty face and slim body.

 

Jiyong never really talked to Dara. He stayed away from her to avoid a bigger problem.

 

Since the gossip had already blown up and Dara’s reputation was already negative, she was bullied a lot. It only stops when she is with Minho. Since he was also very handsome and hot, girls were very jealous of her. Thus, girls hated her more.

 

Seunghyun on the other hand had already noticed her since they were in the same class.

 

“Hi Dara!” greeted Seunghyun.

 

They were in the class. Dara was already at her seat reading a book. Her face was covered by it. Only the top of her head and her hair can be seen. She was always busy studying. She didn’t want to disappoint the family that took her in and accepted her. This was her way of saying thank you.

 

She looked up, “Oh hi!”

 

“How are you? How do you feel? Are you better now?” his voice with a hint of concern.

 

“Don’t worry Seunghyun. I’m okay.” She really didn’t want to be close to him since he is Jiyong’s bestfriend.

 

Suzy now entered the classroom and saw Seunghyun talking to Dara. “So, you want to be at her side huh Seunghyun?”

 

“So what?”

 

“I don’t really know why you choose to be at her side rather than mine. I am the victim. I am your best friend’s girl.”

 

“You know that ain’t true. He is so tired of you being a brat. And besides, he doesn’t have anything to do with you anymore.” countered Seunghyun.

 

Suzy’s eyes showed how angry she was. Just then, the teacher had already entered and started class.

 

Suzy caught Seunghyun glancing at Dara a lot of times. That actually made her blood boil more than it was before. She did not want any other girl steal her limelight as the most attractive girl in school. She is that much of a brat.

 

After their class in the afternoon, Seunghyun immediately dashed to Dara.

 

“Dara, can I bring you home today?”

 

“I’m sorry Seunghyun. Minho must be waiting for me already.” She answered trying to be polite.

 

“Are you and Minho together?... You know… In a romantic relationship.”

 

“No, he is my bestfriend and family.” answered Dara. “Why are you asking?”

 

“Really?”

 

“Really.”

 

“Well, I want to ask you out… if it’s ok.” Seunghyun was holding his nape pushing himself to be brave in asking her out.

 

Dara smiled at Seunghyun knowing what he already meant. She is smart after all.

 

“So, can we? Go out?” smiling timidly.

 

“I’m sorry Seunghyun. But I think for now, we can be friends.” while giving him a sweet smile.

 

“Hmmm, for now Dara, for now… But when you are ready, can you give me a chance?”

 

“We’ll see… I think you are a good guy. Maybe when I am ready?”

 

“I’ll wait for it… I swear. So give me a chance okay?”

 

She just smiled and nodded then walked away.

 

 

Jiyong was on his way to Senghyun when he got a glimpse of Dara smiling at his bestfriend.

 

Dara’s smile was glowing in the sun’s rays entering through the window. He stared at her for a while but then stopped himself when he realized that she was on her way to him at the door. He looked away and pretended to be busy with something else.

 

Dara passed by Jiyong but she didn’t even look at him. She didn’t want the gossip to become worse than what it already was. It was true that she liked him. Well, a lot of girls do.

 

‘You are just one of those girls who like him. You are nothing to him. You are no Suzy. Stick that to your head.’ She told herself.

 

Jiyong now approached Seunghyun who was still looking at the direction where Dara left.

 

“You’re dumped huh?” teased Jiyong.

 

“No man. She is just not ready yet. But I can try again when she is.” Seunghyun slumped in his seat.

 

“Alright!” Jiyong raised his hand in surrender.

 

 

 

Their high school graduation was already near and everyone was already preparing for it, including the university where they would be attending.

 

On the day of their graduation, everybody was wearing their best clothes and their best smiles. The program itself was successful and memorable.

 

Since Dara was smart, she finished second among all the senior students. She gave out her speech thanking her parents, everybody and the Lee family. She looked very beautiful. She was styled to look that way today. She didn’t have her glasses on, just wore contacts.

 

Jiyong and Seunghyun’s eyes were glued to that specific girl at the stage giving her speech.

 

Minho cleared his throat. “You know, both of your stares could actually melt my bestfriend.” He nudged both of them as he was seated at the middle.

 

Both of them looked down.

 

“Jiyong, you already know that she likes you yeah? It’s out in the open. But please spare her. I don’t want Suzy to destroy this day for all of us.” Minho was whispering to Jiyong so nobody could hear.

 

After the program, everybody was taking pictures with their friends and families. Dara and Minho with Lee Soo Man and Seungri.

 

In a distance, Jiyong took his camera and focused on someone. He took a few pictures, checked it and smiled.

 

….

 

After High School graduation, Minho and Dara were sent to the United States to continue their studies. They have entered Georgetown University in Washington D.C. Both of them were good students. No wonder why Lee Soo Man was so proud of them.

 

Money was never a problem for them that even though he sends them much money; they never spent it over what they really needed. Of course they do parties once in a while too. They were just normal students after all.

 

University fees in this school are never a joke, but for a man like Lee Soo Man, he will surely give what is best for his children. He is the major stockholder and CEO of the Lee Group of Companies anyway.

 

Dara took up Architecture and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter