Chapter 11: Promises

Unconditional Promise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Dara...” Jiyong started. “You and me... if you didn’t lose your memories... at this time... we are supposed to be married...”

 

Dara’s eyes widened. “Wh-What? M-married?” She looked at Minho like she was asking for confirmation.

 

Minho looked down and bowed his head.

 

Dara’s eyes started to sting. She returned her gaze to Jiyong. “Y-you said I-i lost my memories?” Her heart was pounding fast.

 

“Dara...” Jiyong wanted to go near her.

 

She raised her hands to stop him. Tears started to roll on her cheeks. “What did I forget? P-please tell me...”

 

“What’s going on?” All eyes looked at where the new voice came.

 

“Seungri?” Minho with a surprised tone.

 

“I said what is going on? Why is she crying?” Seungri looked at Jiyong sharply. “What are you doing here Mr. Kwon?”

 

“Dara wanted to know what she forgot.” Minho answered for Jiyong. “It’s time...”

 

Seungri went to hug Dara. “Noona, are you sure of this? If you ask me, it’s better if you forget those things totally.” He was cooing her.

 

“She needs to know everything Seungri. This is the right time.” Jiyong said.

 

Seungri looked at him with anger in his eyes. “We almost lost her because of you Mr. Kwon. I won’t ever forgive you for that!”

 

“Seungri, please.... I want to know everything... Please...” She was sobbing softly.

 

“But it would hurt you noona!”

 

“If it would hurt me then let it be.” She said it tenderly. “So please let me know what I forgot?”

 

He sighed. “Okay noona. But if it would be too much for you, we have to stop.”

 

She nodded.

 

Flashback 1 ...

 

Jiyong and Dara had been together since the start of middle school. They were so young and so inlove with each other that everybody thought it would just pass. Their relationship continued even when they reached high school.

 

It wasn’t easy for Jiyong and Dara at first. Jiyong had it difficult because Minho was always there. He was Dara’s ultimate bestfriend since childhood and he will do anything to protect her even from Jiyong. They even had arguments and fights before. Minho became like an overprotective brother since Jiyong started showering her affection and when Dara started to like Jiyong. He didn’t want Jiyong for Dara because Jiyong had so many fangirls in school that they started to bully her because of her relationship to him.

 

They were all studying in an elite school and these were children of the rich and respected people, but Dara was different. She was just a scholar of Lee Soo Man and a daughter of an ordinary employee. But eventhough she had only that status, girls actually envied her. She was intelligent and beautiful. She didn’t just catch the attention of Jiyong but also of Choi Seunghyun, Lee Donghae and Park Haejin. Practically, the heartthrobs of the most elite school in South Korea.

 

A lot of students envied Jiyong and Dara’s relationship because even with those factors, they stood strong for each other. They loved each other more and more everyday. The young puppy love that everybody thought would just pass did not even waver a bit.

 

A few years passed and they survived every bit of struggle that came between them. They promised to hold on to each other whatever happens. If the time came that one of them falls out of love then that’s the time they would only let go.

 

When Dara’s father died, she was so devastated. She lost the only family she had. Her other relatives didn’t even want to take her in. They outright rejected her and she felt every single one of it. She drifted from one relative to another but each of them didn’t want to welcome her. She felt so miserable that these people who was blood related to her made her feel like an outcast. Little did she know that the reason why they didn’t want her was because of her father.

 

Her father was considered like a misfortune in their family so every one of them shooed her father and now her away. His life became better when he was already employed as a bodyguard of Lee Soo Man.

 

When Jiyong and Minho knew that none of their relatives wanted to take her in, they both offered to take her even without informing their parents. Jiyong insisted to bring her home but Minho strongly disagreed to that. He said that it wouldn’t be good on Dara’s part since they are in a relationship and people would bad mouth her that she is living together with him at a very young age.

 

Minho informed his father about Dara’s relatives rejecting her so Soo Man immediately took action and had her in his family. It wasn’t difficult for him since Dara was constant in their life. He knew her since she was young and she was like his daughter. Him and his wife didn’t have a daughter even when his wife badly wanted one. When he learned that his bodyguard, Dara’s father, was leaving her at a day care center or to a kind old lady neighbor everytime he works for him, he insisted him to bring Dara to his home instead. There he saw how his home changed. Dara made their home brighter. She made his wife so happy. She fulfilled the wishes of his wife to be their daughter even until Mrs. Lee died. She lessened the endless fighting of his young sons. She became the balance in their life.

 

Jiyong didn’t agree at first but he couldn’t do anything because he knew that Minho was right. It would be a bad news for his family and their company if people would know that his girlfriend is already living with him at this time. So he had no choice but to agree to Minho and his father.

 

Dara was welcomed to the Lee family immediately. She was well loved. Th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter