Chapter 25: Happiness?

Unconditional Promise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jiyong brought Sohee at Hanyang University Medical Center. Even though Samsung Medical Center was nearer, he opted to bring her at Hanyang.

 

As they arrived at the emergency room, there was already a doctor that was waiting for them. Since Sohee was complaining about her belly aching, the doctor checked her baby immediately through ultrasound. The medical staff also did a thorough examination on her which some of them, she didn’t really know what kind are those.

 

Sohee was resisting a lot of the medical examinations at first and told Jiyong that she didn’t need those ones because she was feeling better.

 

Jiyong insisted and even took a suite at the hospital for her. He encouraged her to stay at the hospital because it was for the benefit of the baby, to make sure it was okay. Or is it?

 

It took three days for Sohee to stay at the hospital. Jiyong didn’t let her go home at all. He was pushing it to Sohee, that if it was really his baby then she must listen to him.

 

Sohee couldn’t do anything. She wanted to let Jiyong believe that it was his so he just let Jiyong take care of everything.

 

In one of those days, Chaerin visited them at the hospital. She heard all about it when she visited KHG. Jiyong’s secretary told her. She was just wondering why Jiyong’s parents didn’t even go check on Sohee since the baby would possibly be their grandchild.

 

When she was in the room alone with her, Sohee was avoiding any kind of conversation. Sohee knew that Sandara was close to Chaerin. Because of what she did, Chaerin already had doubts on her mind.

 

“Sohee, can I tell you something?” Chaerin started.

 

“What?” Sohee looked at Chaerin.

 

“I won’t go in circles anymore but, is the baby really Jiyong’s child?” She asked her directly.

 

“What do you mean?” Sohee asked in an annoyed voice.

 

“If this isn’t Jiyong’s child, you have to be honest. It’s not only for your own sake but for the sake of your baby and for Jiyong.”

 

“Why are you asking that question? Of course this is Jiyong’s baby.”

 

“Okay. I see.” Chaerin sighed. “I just want to tell you that what you have done did not just damage the relationship of Jiyong and Sandara. If you think this is just about the boyfriend and girlfriend thing, I’m telling you now that it’s not.”

 

“Is it because of the partnership that’s why you want Sandara for your cousin? Jiyong doesn’t need that. He is wealthy enough. He doesn’t need Sandara.”

 

“Yes, Jiyong is wealthy enough but that’s not all. What you have done is not only damage their romantic relationship but also the relationship of KHG and LGC. Jiyong and Sandara’s relationship is not as simple as what you think. What they had, started even years ago. Jiyong tried his best to win her back.”

 

“What are you talking about? They just met.”

 

“No, they didn’t.” Chaerin shook her head. “Tsk! Why am I even explaining to you? You wouldn’t understand it anyway.”

 

Chaerin was about to leave.

 

“Wait! Chaerin, what is about KHG and LGC?”

 

Chaerin stopped and looked back. “Tell Jiyong the truth now if he isn’t the father of your child Sohee, before it’s too late... For Jiyong’s sake.”

 

“I love him! I love him so much!” Sohee shouted.

 

“If you love him, then be honest with him. Don’t keep on insisting what is not right.”

 

“I can make him love me. I can make him happy.”

 

“Happy? Tsk! No you can’t. I’ll leave now Sohee.”

 

When Chaerin walked out her room, Sohee balled her fist. ‘Jiyong is mine!’ she whispered.

 

...

 

On her way out of the hospital, Chaerin searched for a name on her phone and pressed the call button.

 

“Yes Chae.”

 

“You know it’s not your child, right?”

 

“I know.”

 

“Then why are you letting this go longer?”

 

“I want my solid proof so when any media issues will come out, I will have a legal document.”

 

“A DNA test?”

 

“Yes.”

 

“When?”

 

“The doctors already got the sample they need. We’re just waiting for the result.”

 

“How long?”

 

“It should be available today.”

 

“Good. Where are you? Where is my Dara?”

 

“I’ve been trying to call her since the last time I saw her the other day but her phone is turned off.”

 

“I tried calling her too. Even Minho. Minho’s not answering my calls too.”

 

“Can you go visit her at LGC?”

 

“Why don’t you go visit her too? Have you tried calling your employees at the Incheon Project?”

 

“I tried but even Soo Hyun said she hasn’t seen her. He has been sending her reports only and they have been contacting each other through LGC communications only.”

 

“I don’t feel good about this Ji. What happened to my love Dara?”

 

“The next time I meet her, I should already have the test result. I need to get her back.”

 

“I’ll go visit her at LGC tomorrow after my work.”

 

“Thanks Chae.”

 

“You owe me one.”

 

...

 

Jiyong’s been trying to trace where Dara was but he couldn’t pinpoint where she is. He doesn’t see her coming out of LGC just like before. He doesn’t see her coming home to her unit. He couldn’t even call her on her phone.

 

‘Where are you baby?’ He told himself.

 

Jiyong got the call he was waiting for from the hospital. What he was expecting came out. Sohee’s child wasn’t his. He smiled. ‘Baby, I’m coming! I’ll just fix this. Wait for me!’

 

He pushed numbers on his phone.

 

“Hello?”

 

“Hello, this is Jiyong Kwon of KHG. Can we meet tomorrow?”

 

...

 

The next morning, Jiyong excitedly went to the hospital. He bought flowers and a basket of fruits. Upon arriving at Sohee’s room, he immediately gave the flowers to her and set the basket of fruits on her bedside table.

 

Sohee was so happy with what Jiyong was showing. She was so positive that she already got Jiyong.

 

“I have a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter