Chapter 14: Forgiven

Unconditional Promise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Weeks had passed since the revelation of Dara’s past. Everything went back to normal. Dara has an ongoing project with KHG in Incheon and it has been getting busier. She had to set aside any drama in her life as she doesn’t need it for now. Projects after projects have been pouring for her in LGC. She had been working on design after design that she didn’t have time for other things anymore.

 

Jiyong has been sending her messages everyday. He never skipped once in hope for her forgiving and accepting him once again. He rarely receives a message from her since that night but he was patient. He waited for her for ten years since that fateful night and now he was determined to get her back.

 

Though Jiyong had been sending her messages regularly, Dara never replied. She didn’t know what to say yet. She wasn’t ready to face him or talk to him at all. Her brothers advised her that she should not force herself if she feels that it isn’t the right time. They told her to let Jiyong wait till she was ready. If Jiyong couldn’t wait then he doesn’t deserve her at all.

 

Because Dara wasn’t replying to any of Jiyong’s messages and he misses her so much, he decided to watch her secretly. He became like a creepy stalker. He even bought a new car that looks discreet so that Dara wouldn’t know that he is following her. One reason why he was doing this was because he wanted to make sure that Dara goes home safe.

 

A few times, he even saw Seunghyun bring flowers inside LGC. Another was when Dara went out with Seunghyun but he decided not to follow them anymore.

 

Then, one early evening when Jiyong was waiting for Dara’s car to come out of LGC, Minho spotted him. Minho didn’t go out of his car and was wondering who Jiyong was waiting for. When Dara’s car came out of LGC, he saw that Jiyong tailed Dara’s car discreetly so he followed him. Dara was going home to their apartment building and Jiyong waited till her car went inside. When Dara’s car was in, Jiyong parked at the side of the road and stood at the side of his car. He was looking up at Dara’s unit.

 

Minho waited and observed what Jiyong would do so he parked a few cars away from Jiyong’s car. “What are you doing Jiyong?” He said to himself.

 

When Jiyong saw Dara’s unit with lights on, he stood there for a couple of minutes before he left.

 

Minho still followed him until they arrived at a bar. He saw Jiyong enter. He followed still without the other one noticing. Jiyong stayed at the bartender’s area and ordered a drink. Minho sat at a table not too far from Jiyong. A few minutes had passed and he saw Jiyong still alone drinking, he decided to join him. He sat down beside Jiyong who was busy drinking not minding the people around him.

 

“Mind If I sit here?” Minho asked Jiyong.

 

Jiyong looked at Minho. “Go on. I don’t own this place.” He called the bartender and told him to give Minho whatever drink he likes. “Are you alone too?”

 

“Yeah. I just passed by.” He sipped on his drink. “Do you often come here alone?”

 

“These past days, yeah. Or I just drink at home. You?”

 

Minho nodded. “Jiyong, what are you doing?”

 

Jiyong scrunched his brows. He looked at Minho. “Drinking, what else?”

 

“I’m not talking about that. I saw you tailing Dara’s car until she went home. I followed you here too. What are you doing?”

 

Jiyong stopped drinking. “Why are you following me?”

 

“Because you look like my sister’s stalker and that is creepy.”

 

Jiyong grinned. He brushed his hair and sighed. “She doesn’t answer any of my calls and messages. I wanted to see her. I miss her so much.”

 

“Give her some more time. She deserves it.”

 

“I know Minho but I can’t stop it. I waited for her for ten awful years! My life is hell without her. It hurts in here!” Jiyong pointed at his heart.

 

“In those ten years, haven’t you tried loving other girls?”

 

“I tried brother. I started with Suzy, remember? I did my end of the deal. I didn’t want your father to bring Dara back to the U.S. immediately. Eventhough it hurts, I stayed with another girl.”

 

Minho nodded.

 

“But whenever I see Dara, I felt like I was cheating on her.” He drank the contents of his glass. “When both of you went back to the U.S. after high school, I wanted to follow. I prayed everyday for her to remember me immediately but then nothing happened. My father reminded me of what Chairman Lee said so I had to stay. While studying in the University, I tried so hard, again and again with some girls. It was good at first but I got tired at them easily. I can’t even last a year with any of my relationships.”

 

“When we went back to the U.S. after high school, there were lots of guys who wanted to try their shot with her.” Minho chuckled. “But yeah, I became an er to them.”

 

“Did she like any of them?”

 

“Yeah.”

 

“Ouch!” Jiyong tapped his chest.

 

“She got crushes too you know!” Minho stressed.

 

“She told me and Soo Hyun, she never had a boyfriend. That was when LGC was still having an office at our company.”

 

“Yeah, I just told you I was a er. Do I have to repeat myself?”

 

“Thanks bro.”

 

“If you think that was for you, hell no!”

 

“Still thanking you! But why though?”

 

Minho sighed and took a sip at his drink. “I got scared.”

 

Jiyong flinched at what he heard. “I’m sorry for doing this to you too Minho. If not because of my stupidity for not bringing even a bodyguard at that time, everything wouldn’t have happened... I know I caused a scare for your whole family. Even to Seungri and Chairman Lee. No wonder why that kid hates me.”

 

“What’s done is done Jiyong. If you really love my sister then go do your best so you can win her back... If you got her back then love only her until you die.”

 

“That’s what I plan to do. I just hope she still loves me just like before.”

 

“Are you stupid Jiyong? I told you before, her heart remembers you. Did you forget it?”

 

Jiyong smiled. “She remembers me or not, I’ll make her love me. I’ll show her how much I love her. Once I win her back, that marriage that should have happened before will happen soon. We’re going to make lots of babies!”

 

Minho cringed. “ Jiyong! I just want you to know that I’m not Dara. I beg you not to tell me those kinds of things! I can’t imagine you making babies with my sister. That’s too much information. Blehh!”

 

At last, Jiyong laughed. He placed his arm around Minho’s shoulder. “After the wedding, we’re going to have our honeymoon on a private beach somewhere in the Caribbean. We’re goi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter