Chapter 31: Mine

Unconditional Promise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Daddy! Daddy!” Luna was calling Jiyong from his living room.

 

“Yes Luna baby?” Jiyong came running from his home office. “What happened?”

 

They were in Jiyong’s place. Dara and Jiyong had an agreement about Luna’s case. As of now, whenever Luna would like to sleep in Jiyong’s place, Dara would let her.

 

Everytime Luna would ask Dara to let her sleep at her dad’s place, Jiyong was always excited. From the time he knew that Luna was his daughter, he immediately had set-up a room for her. He filled it up with clothes, shoes, toys and items that she would like.

 

Dara, of course, was the one who helped him set it up. Everything was according to the child’s taste so she wouldn’t feel different or homesick whenever she was at Jiyong’s place. Even Jiyong’s place had changed. If his three-bedroom apartment before looked like it was a bachelor’s place, now it looked like a family home.

 

There were now pictures of not just Luna, but also of Dara and Jiyong. Dara thought it wasn’t right to put her pictures there since she doesn’t live there but Jiyong insisted to put even just a few. There was always one framed picture of her in his bedroom before but now it wasn’t just one. There are now three of them. Together with one picture of both Jiyong and Dara where you can see him kneeling before her offering her a paper flower. Such picture was taken at the time when Luna wasn’t born yet. That time when Dara didn’t go to London yet. The time when they were together, both happy and so much in love.

 

“Daddy, when can mommy sleep here too?” Asked Luna.

 

Jiyong sighed. He wanted his daughter’s wish to happen. It will take time. But first, he must work well and do his best to get Dara back to him. It may be difficult this time since Seunghyun is already in the picture but he will do his best.

 

He sat beside his daughter who was lounging in the living room watching an interview of her mom. He saw Dara on the screen too but she was beside Seunghyun. They were at the groundbreaking of a property owned by Starfield Malls to be made into an entertainment building and to be designed by Dara.

 

“Soon Luna, soon.” He took the glass of milk from the table and let Luna drink it. “Daddy will do his best so mommy can come home together with us.”

 

“Daddy, Uncle Hyun told me before that he wanted me and mom to go home to his house too.”

 

Jiyong shook his head. “It won’t happen baby. You, mommy and me will have a bigger house soon and all three of us will be living there.”

 

“Really dad?” A big smile appeared on her face. “Will we have a pool too just like our house in London?”

 

He nodded. “Anything you and mommy want.”

 

“Yaayy!”

 

“Baby, I have a question to ask.”

 

“Uh huh! What is it?”

 

“Your Uncle Hyun, was he good to you?”

 

Luna nodded. “Uncle Hyun was like my dad in London. He wanted me to call him dad but mommy said no. Ummm, Uncle Hyun gives me everything I want. He told me that he loves me as much as he loves mommy.”

 

Jiyong breathed deep.

 

“But how can that be? How about you daddy? Do you love mommy?”

 

Jiyong nodded and smiled. “I love your mommy very much baby. So much! She is the only woman I love and will love forever.”

 

Luna’s brow scrunched. “Daddy, you and Uncle Hyun love mommy. How will that be?”

 

“Hmm? Well, let’s just hope that mommy loves me more than your Uncle Hyun baby.” He pinched Luna’s nose. “That’s why I need your help.”

 

“My help? How?”

 

Jiyong whispered in her ear and Luna was giggling in delight with what he was saying.

 

Their father - daughter bond was going stronger than anyone could ever imagine. He was doing well with his daughter and he will make sure to let it stay that way. Now, he had to do his best to get Dara back before the marriage of Dara and Seunghyun, that he dreads so much, will happen.

 

He knew and he could feel that it was there. He also knew that he had to work fast. He can’t let his woman marry another man. He’d die first before it would happen.

 

 

“Dara, I haven’t seen Luna. Where is she?” Seunghyun asked Dara.

 

They were at her penthouse. Dara was showing him the design of the atrium of the entertainment center. It was already late.

 

“She’s at Jiyong’s.” Dara answered casually. “She wanted to sleep at his place the whole weekend.”

 

Seunghun’s face soured at the mention of Jiyong’s name. “What did Jiyong say?”

 

“He wanted it too. Don’t worry.”

 

‘Worry.’ Since they got back to Korea, Seunghyun had a feeling of uneasiness. He wanted to suppress it but it still wouldn’t go away. He looked at Dara, there was a pinch of pain in his heart. This woman in front of him is the woman he wanted to spend his life with. He loves her so much. That is even though he knows that her heart belongs to someone else. He did hope that the time they were away from Korea, he prayed that her feelings for him would have changed. He knew from the start that their relationship was based on business, to strengthen and grow. But for him, he took everything romantically and by heart.

 

Dara though was loyal to him all the time they were in London. She was always there for him no matter what. He felt secured while they were there. That’s why he didn’t hesitate to go back to Korea. But that feeling of security was vanishing bit by bit.

 

Luna, the daughter his heart dearly loved, looked at only him as a father before. Now, she is with her real one. He saw the sparkle in her eyes whenever she talked about Jiyong. The little girl loved Jiyong immediately.

 

Now, he was so worried about Dara.

 

He went near Dara and hugged her tight.

 

She was

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter