Chapter 13: The Deal

Unconditional Promise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

While Dara was crying, the three guys in the room were awfully quiet. Minho was clenching and unclenching his fist, Seungri was hugging Dara and Jiyong bowed his head while holding his chest.

 

All the pain that Jiyong felt that time, when he saw Dara shot and lifeless, came back. The scene that haunted him for a long time came back like a knife cutting through his heart. He felt so useless before. He failed to protect her. For him, everything else were not in favor of him. Instead of him protecting Dara, it was her who protected him. The only thing that kept him going through the years was that she survived but in return, she forgot everything about him.

 

Flashback 3...

 

When the police retrieved Dara and Jiyong, they were immediately brought to a hospital in Seoul. Jiyong sustained injuries because of the beatings but not as much as Dara. Dara’s body had undergone physical abuse. She was beaten to death and was drug overdosed. It was too much for her body to take it all in.

 

It was a very sad sight to see that the Dara that brought happiness to the Lee Mansion was lying unconscious on the Intensive Care Unit of the hospital. There were tubes connected to her body and a heart monitor was beside her. Bandages were on her body and also on her head.

 

Chairman Lee and his sons Minho and Seungri looked so devastated and worried. They felt so cold when they first saw her in that situation. Tears were very visible in their eyes. Chairman Lee requested all the specialist to take care of Dara and do everything for her to survive.

 

Jiyong on the other hand was already on a suite on the same hospital. When he woke up, he wanted to see Dara immediately. Chairman Kwon did not permit him to go since the media was already camping outside the hospital waiting for some news about the Kwon heir’s abduction.

 

There were lots of rumors about a girl who was also kidnapped together with Jiyong. They were having a hunch since some people saw Chairman Lee going to the same hospital too but those rumors were questionable since Chairman Lee only had sons. He talked to Chairman Kwon about the situation and asked him not to say anything about Dara. That if ever they will be holding a press conference about the abduction, they will deny that Jiyong was with someone.

 

Dara’s condition was already worse and they didn’t want to have another thing to worry just because of that. She was in the state of coma and doctors were already losing hope for her to wake up. They couldn’t see any improvement in her condition.

 

Jiyong was discharged within a week without seeing Dara. He was advised to stay home and take a rest but he was being stubborn and wanted to see her. One time, he escaped from their home and went to the hospital. The nurse watching Dara and her bodyguard immediately informed the Kwon family that he was there at Dara’s room.

 

When Chairman Lee and Chairman Kwon went to the hospital, they saw Jiyong crying beside Dara’s bed. He was holding her hand and begging her to wake up. Their hearts broke when they saw him.

 

Both fathers felt pity towards Jiyong but Chairman Lee was hurting too. He agreed when Dara asked permission that she would go out with Jiyong that day. What he didn’t know was they went on a date without anyone with them. That they usually had a driver and a bodyguard tailing. He couldn’t blame Jiyong because he was the target of the abduction. What he couldn’t understand was why Dara had to choose to suffer for Jiyong. She is the girl in their relationship. She was supposed to be protected.

 

It was so hard for Chairman Kwon to bring Jiyong home. They had to drag him outside and talk to him properly.

 

Mrs. Kwon on the other hand was so worried about Jiyong’s behavior. She didn’t know Dara that much. She knows her as his son’s girlfriend but she was also not around that much in Seoul because of business. She was forced to go home after the abduction. She wanted to help his son but Jiyong was so difficult to handle these days.

 

Days still passed and Dara’s condition still haven’t shown any improvement. The Lee family became frustrated especially Chairman Lee. He scolded the doctors handling Dara and told them that they can’t even help his daughter. That prompted him to bring Dara to America.

 

Attorney Kim prepared all documents for Dara’s transfer to an American hospital. He had notified and arranged with the hospital staff so everything would be ready upon arrival. They couldn’t afford to make a mistake. One mistake could end Dara’s life.

 

Two nights before their flight, Chairman Lee called Jiyong’s father.

 

“Hello Chairman Kwon, I have decided to bring my daughter to America the day after tomorrow. It will be best for her there. They can help her become better.”

 

“Chairman Lee, if its not difficult to ask, can my son visit your daughter. I’m asking this as a big favor. I will return the favor in the future when you needed it.”

 

“Your son could come and stay with my daughter the whole day tomorrow but as a return favor, I want you to make sure that the suspects will pay as soon as possible. I want their life as an exchange to what happened to my daughter. No excuses. There is no other favor I would be asking.” Lee Soo Man said in a cold voice.

 

“Don’t worry Chairman Lee, I would make sure of that.”

 

“I repeat Chairman Kwon, No excuses. I want their life. If you will not be successful, I will kill them myself.”

 

Jiyong was informed by his father that Chairman Lee would bring Dara to the United States. His chest tightened. He wanted to see Dara right away.

 

The next day, it was still very early but Jiyong was already at the hospital. He didn’t leave Dara. Eventhough his left arm was in cast, he didn’t mind it anymore. He held her cold hand tightly. He was again crying and begging her to wake up.

 

“Baby, please wake up... Wake up for me, please... “ He pleaded.

 

Everyone who would see that scene would feel pity on both Dara and Jiyong. Even the nurses and doctors couldn’t contain their emotions. Some of them were tearing up as they were watching what was happening.

 

Jiyong asked his father if he could go with Dara to America. He wanted to be the one to take care of her. He didn’t want to be separated from her but Jiyong’s father disagreed. He explained that he would have to be in Korea so they could take care of the case and give justice to both of them most especially for Dara. He didn’t have any choice but to follow and thought well.

 

Chairman Lee told Jiyong that if Dara wakes up, he would inform him immediately, just to calm him down.

 

Minho and Seungri weren’t supposed to come with Chairman Lee and Dara but the two insisted. The two promised to study well in America while they were there.

 

On the way to the airport, Jiyong held Dara’s hand so tight, still couldn’t accept that he will be left behind. When Dara was to be brought to their plane, he sobbed and hugged her body so tigh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter