Chapter 10: Thoughts

Unconditional Promise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The whole week Dara was in Incheon, she pushed herself to work hard just to forget what she heard the last night she was in Seoul with Jiyong.

 

‘This is not yet the right time to dwell in it. Focus on this job.’ She said to herself.

 

Everyday, she had to put her mind straight but when she goes home to the penthouse, it bothers her again.

 

One time when she was changing, she dropped her butterfly necklace. She was thinking hard where she got it or who gave it to her but nothing comes to her mind. She asked it one time from Minho but he just shrugged and said that maybe her late father gave it to her. She remembers her late father very well but she doesn’t remember him giving her a butterfly necklace. She even asked her dad Soo Man if he gave it to her since Mr. Lee was fond of giving her jewelries but he doesn’t remember giving her that particular necklace too. She examined it very closely and saw that there was a pattern or letters in it but it somehow is fading because it was with her for a long time since middle school. She promised herself to bring it to some jewelry experts one time.

 

Thursday afternoon when she received a message from Jiyong.

 

‘Baby how are you. I’m at Daejeon today because of a meeting. I hope you are fine there. Call me anytime you want. I’ll answer it even if i’m in the middle of a meeting. I love you.’

 

She didn’t answer him this time though she was itching to ask him the questions running in her mind. She needed to remove the stress that was eating her to be able to function properly.

 

She searched something on her laptop. After a while, “Soo Hyun, I need to leave early today. I just need to go somewhere important.”

 

“Okay, do you need me to go with you? Or you can bring anyone from our team.” Soo Hyun suggested.

 

“No need. I’m going myself.”

 

“Are you sure?”

 

“Yes. I’ll see you tomorrow.”

 

Dara left and drove to where she thought in mind.

 

Soo Hyun saw that she left her laptop in her office and was not even turned off. He went over her table and became curious at what he saw. “What is this?”

 

Just then someone came inside their office. “Excuse me, Is Dara still here?”

 

“Mr. Choi Seunghyun? What are you doing here? Do you need help?” Soo Hyun answered.

 

“I was just looking for Dara. Is she still here?”

 

“She left a while ago Mr. Choi but she never said where she went.” Soo Hyun saw the flowers that Seunghyun was holding.

 

“Do you have any idea where?” Seunghyun asked.

 

Soo Hyun was thinking whether he would say what was in his mind but nevertheless, “I’m not really sure but this is what she checked out before she left.” He invited Seunghyun to see what was in the laptop.

 

“A firing range?” Seunghyun’s brow creased. “What is she doing there?”

 

“I’m not really sure... Uhm, shall I call Minho or...?”

 

“No no. I’ll go there myself. I’ll go check her.”

 

Upon getting the address of the firing range, Seunghyun immediately drove off. When he arrived at the place, he registered at the reception and geared up. He went inside and saw Dara who was so concentrated in shooting her target. He stood in a corner where he could see her clearly.

 

He saw her sprint, aim and shoot at every target that comes out. She never missed any target even those that were moving.

 

Then the last target of that run came out. She aimed but when she was about to fire, somebody shot her target. She immediately withdrew her aim and pointed her gun at the person who shot her target.

 

When Seunghyun saw her point her gun at him, “Woah!” He raised both his arms and smiled at her.

 

“Seunghyun?” Dara’s eyes widened. She immediately lowered her gun. “I’m sorry. I didn’t know it was you.”

 

He went near her and pat her head. “Wow, I didn’t know you were good at this.”

 

“Dad told us to learn how to shoot so me, Minho and Seungri were taught how to use this.” She pointed at the gun in her hand.

 

“He’s right you know. With your status in the society, learning things just like this is a must.”

 

“Yeah? I hope I won’t use this training on anyone someday... Is that why you are good at this too? You hit my last target on the dot.”

 

Seunghyun’s eyes darkened at what she said. “I won’t let that happen Dara. I’d kill them first before anyone else does anything wrong to you.” His words were firm.

 

‘I’m not going to let it happen again. Not on my watch.’ He thought to himself.

 

Dara saw his smile fade. She immediately stirred the topic away. “Do you want to do a run too?”

 

Seunghyun’s face brightened. “How about we do a match. Me on the right course, you on the left course. Whoever loses will treat the winner a movie and dinner tonight!”

 

Dara needed this. She was stressed and worked out this week. With the help of Seunghyun, she was hoping at least not to think of those things that were bothering her. “Let’s do it!” She raised her fist in the air with enthusiasm in her face.

 

Seunghyun was so delighted that she agreed with his proposal.

 

Dara won their match. Of course. Seunghyun held back. He sensed that she needed this. When he was observing her a while ago, he saw how stressed she was but he wasn’t sure why. He thought that maybe it was just because of her job.

 

Both of them decided to have dinner first as they have chosen to watch any of the last full show at the movie theater. Dara had chosen a regular restaurant since she wasn’t in the mood going to a fancy one tonight.

 

As they were eating dinner, Seunghyun asked Dara, “What kind of movies do you want to watch?”

 

“I like all except horror movies.” She answered while she was picking up a piece of fish at her plate.

 

“Why don’t you want horror movies? They’re great!” Seunghyun said with a teasing smile on his face.

 

Dara looked at him with narrowed eyes. “You just want me to cling to you while we are watching!”

 

“Well, you just gave me a very good idea!” He answered while wriggling his eyebrows.

 

“Psshh! What a ert!” She rolled her eyes and continued eating.

 

“All men are! Don’t you know that women are as erted as men?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter