Chapter 5: Girlfriend

Unconditional Promise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

At the Lee Mansion...

 

“Everything was just friendly. We didn’t know we were watched. We finished a meeting at the office and he just walked me to my car.” Dara was explaining.

 

“How about the kissing?” Minho was interrogating while Soo Man was just listening. LGC’s PR Team was also present in the study room.

 

Instead of going home to their apartment units, Minho and Dara went home at the Lee Mansion to talk to their dad about the media issue that was released. Soo Man called up LGC’s PR Team to be ready with whatever effects and any answer the KHG PR team might come up with. Dara was his only daughter and he knew that she never had any romantic relationship issue with anyone before. She is his only princess and the family are ready to back up anything wrong that will happen. His PR team informed him about Jiyong’s relationship with women so he didn’t want any negative issue concerning her that will arise.

 

“Oh come on, our friends also kiss us on the cheeks when we greet or say goodbye to each other.” Answered Dara.

 

“That’s it? That’s everything?” Minho still wasn’t convinced. He was worried that Dara’s reputation would become damaged because her name had been connected to Jiyong romantically.

 

“Yes of course.”

 

“Just be careful next time. We are in Korea now. Everyone thinks we are doing something even if we are not.”

 

“Yeah, alright.”

 

“You’ve heard what my daughter said. Be ready with anything else that will come up.” Soo Man instructed the PR team.

 

Minho and Dara left their father together with the PR team and went to the living room.

 

“I’m so tired. I need my sleep.” Minho was yawning.

 

“I’ll take a rest too. It was such a stressful day.”

 

“Did you see Kwon today?”

 

“No, he wasn’t at the office. He said he’ll be in Gimpo.”

 

“Now you know his schedule?” Minho was smirking.

 

“Oh not again... He told me that last Friday since he can’t see the additonal designs today.” Dara rolled her eyes.

 

“Dara, if Jiyong asks you out on a date... Would you go?” Minho asked seriously.

 

“Why’d you ask?”

 

“You’ve been infatuated with him like what? Middle school? High school? If he asks you on a date, would you be happy?”

 

“What a question Minho. I don’t even know if the guy likes me that way. He’s been linked to many beautiful women. There are models, actresses and so on. I’m just...” Dara shrugged her shoulders. “I’m just Sandara Park.”

 

“What are you talking about?” Minho was confused. “You are not just Sandara Park. You are ‘Sandara Park’, one of the youngest, most outstanding architects and also the LGC princess.. That’s not a JUST. You are Lee Sandara. Don’t forget about that.”

 

“Thank you Minho.” She hugged Minho to stop him in reminding her not to look down on herself. When it comes to Jiyong, Dara doesn’t consider herself a woman worthy of him. Minho hated it that much whenever she does that.

 

...

 

Inside Soo Man’s study room...

 

“If KHG will release anything negative about my daughter. Be ready to counter it with everything you know about that Jiyong Kwon... I won’t let them damage my daughter’s name.”

 

“Yes chairman...”

 

...

 

*ring ring ring*

 

“Hello?”

 

“Yah Kwon, are you and Dara together?”

 

Jiyong was preparing himself to sleep. He came from a tiring trip in Gimpo. “What are you talking about Choi?”

 

“Haven’t you seen the news?”

 

“What news?”

 

“Check it later after my call. Just answer me first... Are you and Dara together?” Seunghyun was demanding.

 

“No... we have a project together. Remember the Kwon Hotel Resort in Incheon? She leads the LGC team. She is the head designer of the resort. I offered them a team office in KHG.”

 

“Okay then. Goodnight!” Seunghyun hanged up.

 

“What the is wrong with him?” He was talking to himself. “What the heck is he blabbering?”

 

Jiyong checked his phone about the news that Seunghyun was talking about. He didn’t know what to check first so he typed his name and Dara’s name.

 

There he saw the headline about both of their companies. He read everything with curiosity.

 

After reading, he was smirking while looking at the pictures in the article.

 

He opened his planner on the table beside his bed and brought out a picture. “Now that I have you near me, I will fulfill my promise.”

 

Just then, there was another ring on his phone. “What is it Sohee?” Jiyong answered.

 

“Are you cheating on me again Jiyong?” Yelled Sohee on the other line.

 

“You know well that you don’t have any right to ask me that Sohee. You should shut the up.”

 

Jiyong hanged up immediately.

 

Sohee was very furious. She threw her phone on the wall and it ended up crashing. She opened her laptop and searched about Sandara Park.

 

“Sandara Park, you sure have a pretty face. Yes you look expensive too but I’ll let you know who really owns Jiyong Kwon.”

 

She closed her laptop forcefully.

 

...

 

Jiyong searched a name on his phone and pressed the call button. The person on the other line answered it after 5 rings...

 

“Hello?”

 

“Hi, this is Jiyong. Sorry for calling you this late. Can I talk to you?”

 

“Yeah, what is it?”

 

“Dara, I think you already know why I called...” Jiyong was holding his nape. “I want to say sorry about it.”

 

“If this is about the article released, I don’t think it’s your fault Jiyong. Neither me. They just misunderstood what they saw.”

 

“No Dara. It’s not just that. I shouldn’t have kissed you.”

 

“Yeah, about that...” Dara’s heart ached. “I think we just have to be careful next time.” She tried to sound ok.

 

‘Was he so regretting he kissed me? He doesn’t really see me as a woman after all.’ She thought to herself.

 

“Did your dad and brother knew it?”

 

“Yeah. Minho was yelling at me at first but I explained everything even to dad so everything’s ok now. You don’t have to be worried about them asking you about anything.”

 

“Minho yelled at you?”

 

“Oh, he’s just so overprotective sometimes. He’s worse than dad. He thinks he’s my father.” Jiyong heard her chuckle.

 

“Do you want me to talk to your brother?”

 

“No need. Everything’s been handled.”

 

“Well, Dara just call me anytime ok? If you need anything... Just anything... I want you to call me first...?”

 

“Will I see you at the office tomorrow?”

 

“I’m not yet sure but I’ll be back at Gimpo tomorrow. If I finish e

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter