Chapter 33: New Client

Unconditional Promise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Tsk, can you stop pacing back and forth in my office?” Dara stopped what she was doing in front of her computer and gave his attention to Seungri. “Now tell me what’s wrong.”

 

Seungri sighed. “I have this woman.”

 

Dara rolled her eyes. “You always have a woman dongsaeng. What’s different this time?” She spoke.

 

“She’s not like us.” He plopped down on the couch so tired like he ran a marathon.

 

“What do you mean ‘not like us’?” Her brows were mashed.

 

“Me, you, Minho hyung, Seunghyun hyung, Jiyong hyung and all other heirs in this country.”

 

“So?” She grinned. “You like this girl that much ei?”

 

He loosened his tie. “Dad won’t accept her noona. Our circle won’t even try.”

 

“I want to know who this girl is that makes my dongsaeng worry.” She smiled. “Who is she?”

 

“She’s an actress noona but she’s not popular. She’s a sweet simple cute girl. People would think that she is using me to have a say in the society. Now she doesn’t want to associate herself with me because of that.”

 

“Does she like you just as much as you like her?”

 

“When I told her I love her, she told me she loves me too but people had been giving her a silent treatment in her work because they saw her with me. She said she wants to make a name for herself first.” He rested his head at the couch and covered his eyes with his arm.

 

Dara’s smile widened. This is the first time her brother was so bothered because he was a member of the high society. The girl could actually be a keeper and could be good for her brother. Most girls want to associate themselves with men in the high society because of status. She saw them thru the girls Seungri and Minho were with before.
 

Yes, her brothers were both gorgeous but they aren’t just that. Her brothers were rich and powerful. She was glad that Minho had found a good woman for himself. But she was still worried for her younger brother Seungri.

 

“So, when will I meet this girl?” She broke their silence.

 

He was still covering his eyes. “I don’t think it’s going to be soon, noona.” He removed his arm from his face. “She wanted to be someone in the society first before meeting you. She actually adores you.”

 

Dara chuckled. “Wow, is that a compliment?”

 

He nodded. “She loves everything about you. Your clothes, your hair, the shoes you wear, your skin, your eyes. Everything about you noona, everything!” He was counting on his fingers. “I think she loves you more than me.” He sighed. “She even asks me about the brands you wear.” He smiled and shook his head.

 

“I think I’ll like her.”

 

“You will, noona. You will.”

 

Dara looked at the clock. It was already past lunchtime. “Do you want to eat? I’m hungry.”

 

“Hmm mmm. Let’s go to that new restaurant near Seoul Central Mall. The reviews were good. I just want to check it out. Besides, I don’t like the food in the canteen today.”

 

“Can I get back here on time? I have a meeting with a client this afternoon outside.”

 

“Who?” Seungri raised his brow. “Why are you going to meet outside? Isn’t that dangerous for you?”

 

She rolled her eyes. “Silly, we’ll be meeting in a café. It’s a public place so it’s safe. And besides, my assistant will be with me.”

 

“Who is your client, noona?” He insisted asking.

 

“He is a certain Mr. Han? I don’t really know a lot about him but our operations team talked and ours say that it’s safe to meet with the client. They say he is a respected businessman, so…”

 

“Our team say so? Hmm, they have to be sure because if something bad happens, I’m going to fire their asses out and I’ll make sure every other company out there knows why.”

 

“Don’t worry my baby panda. Noona can take care of herself.” She winked at him and clicked her tongue.

 

 

Dara and her assistant were rushing to the café. It was already near the time they would be meeting this new client.

 

Thanks to Seungri, she didn’t almost make it. He was so picky about the food they would eat. Both of them went to four new restaurants. If he didn’t want the menu, they would leave and they left three new restaurants. The fourth new restaurant didn’t pass Seungri’s judgement too but Dara pleaded for them to just eat at that restaurant because she was so hungry and she still had to go to the meeting.

 

She and her assistant were walking and running through the mall where the café was located. Thankfully, there weren’t that much people. This mall was for the rich indeed. The stores in here were the ones that ordinary people couldn’t really afford.

 

Dara was holding her laptop on her right hand and her handbag at her left. Her assistant was holding the documents.

 

Though in her high heels and above the knee length pencil skirt, she didn’t really have the choice but to rush in. Because they were in a hurry, she didn’t see the man coming her way, who was also busy talking in his phone while looking at the other direction.

 

Dara crashed to him accidentally. She almost lost balance and was waiting for the impact to the hard tiled floor but nothing came. Just then, she felt two strong arms on her waist catching her.

 

“I got you.” The man said.

 

Dara looked at the man who caught her.

 

He smiled at her. She was caught up with this man’s scent. It was very masculine and clean at the same time. She also smelled his minty breath because her face was so close to him.

 

As she realized that she was still in his arms, she immediately stood straight and bowed to the man who helped her not fall on the floor.

 

“Thank you very much.” She smiled and bowed again.

 

She looked at the man very well, trying to brainstorm if he was in their circle. He was wearing a grey Armani suit and a crisp white shirt underneath. He was tall and well built. A very good-looking man whose features screams power and wealth. There were two guys at his back in black suits, obviously they were the man’s bodyguards.

 

“Are you okay? Are you hurt anywhere?” He said while scanning her body and checking if she was hurt.

 

Dara shook her head. “I’m fine. I’m really sorry. I should be the one asking if you were fine. I was the one who wasn’t looking.

 

The man smiled ily. “Seems like you are in a hurry. Can I accompany you to where you are going?”

 

“Oh no, I’m sorry. We really need to go. Thank you again.” She bowed one last time to the man and left immediately. She didn’t wait for him to respond.

 

But as she was leaving, she heard the man say something in a whisper.

 

“See you later babe.”

 

She wasn’t sure if what she heard was right. She didn’t look back anymore and just walked faster to their destination.

 

“Boss, that’s…” The bodyguards spoke.

 

“I know.”

 

 

Dara and her assistant were scanning the café and was about to approach the staff when somebody called her.

 

“Miss Sandara!” A woman called to her waving. “We have reserved the VIP room here.”

 

They both went to the direction of the VIP room. It was a spacious and classy café. The VIP room was set up with a large table and a screen on the wall for a presentation.

 

The woman

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter