Chapter 24: Distrust

Unconditional Promise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Dara, you need to tell your family about this one immediately.” Bom said after the clinic check up. They were on their way back to the company. “Just a few months from now, it will already show.”

 

“I don’t have plans of not telling it to them Bom. They are my family. It’s my responsibility to do that.” Dara sighed. “But I’m afraid of what they are going to do with Jiyong. My family won’t force him to marry me. They certainly won’t do that.”

 

“But you don’t have to force Jiyong to marry you. I can see that he truly loves you. He will marry you in a snap.”

 

“I will have the baby. But marrying Jiyong now won’t help. You know that very much.”

 

Bom shook her head. “Your situation is far more complicated than mine.”

 

Dara looked at her. “Why? Is there something complicated in you that I don’t know.”

 

“You know why I knew the doctor? I came to her too. I have a child Dara.”

 

“What?” She was surprised. “Where?”

 

“He is with my parents in America.”

 

“But why is your child far away from you?”

 

“They had to take him so I could work for our future. I have no relatives in Seoul. My only family here is LGC.”

 

Dara held her hands. “I can be your family here Bom. We had always been friends.”

 

Bom smiled. “I felt that with you. You had always been open to me just like this one. Imagine, I am the first one to know about your pregnancy.”

 

“I am scared about it but I’m happy too.”

 

“Having a child is a blessing. I may not have a husband but I’m happy I have a son.”

 

“If I may ask, where is your child’s father?”

 

“That bastard didn’t want anything to do with my son. He said I was just a one night stand. He never took me seriously. And besides, I’m not an heir.”

 

“You are an executive of LGC Bom. You are beautiful. What more can he ask. Wait, do I know him?”

 

“He’s an heir just like you. You know, people in your circle can’t marry anyone outside it.”

 

“I’m sorry Bommie.”

 

“It’s not your fault. Come on! Forget about that bastard. It’s not good for your baby.”

 

“You’re right.” She held her stomach and smiled.

 

“Just a piece of advice Dee, I think you need to let Jiyong know that he’s got a baby with you too. If you think it’s not good for both of you to be together for the baby yet then don’t, but he has to know.”

 

She nodded. “I will Bom. I will.”

 

...

 

“What? Who’s pregnant, Jiyong?” Mrs. Kwon asked in a high pitched voice.

 

“Sohee. Sohee Ahn.” Jiyong answered.

 

Mrs. Kwon’s brows furrowed. “And who would that be? How is she connected to you? Why are we talking about her? How will her pregnancy affect us?...” She shot Jiyong questions after questions.

 

Mr. Kwon stood up and held his wife’s shoulders. “Yeobo, I think we have to let your son talk first so that we would know.”

 

Mrs. Kwon sighed.

 

Mr. Kwon sat beside Mrs. Kwon and looked at Jiyong angrily. “Talk now Jiyong-ah!”

 

“I got Sohee pregnant.” He blurted out with his head down.

 

Mrs. Kwon was so shocked. “But I thought Sandara is your girlfriend. Chairman Lee’s daughter. Did I get it all wrong?”

 

Mr. Kwon loosened his tie. “That Sohee Ahn was your fling, right? The actress.”

 

Jiyong nodded.

 

“What are we going to do now Yeobo?” Mrs. Kwon cried while looking at her husband. “What are we going to say to Sandara? How will we face Chairman Lee?”

 

“What have you done Jiyong?” His father shook his head. “Do you have any idea what their family would do?”

 

He kept silent.

 

“What is your plan now?”

 

“I want to make sure it’s my child.”

 

“How about Sandara?”

 

Jiyong’s heart ached. “She broke up with me. She already knew before I... before I confessed to her.” His voice was breaking.

 

“Oh my God!” Mrs. Kwon stood up and sat beside his son. She hugged Jiyong tightly. “What are we going to do?” She said to Mr. Kwon.

 

Mr. Kwon massaged his forehead. “If the child is Jiyong’s, he has to get married to Sohee.”

 

“What? No, please!” Jiyong protested.

 

“What do you want to do then huh?” Mr. Kwon’s voice was already laced with anger. “You made this mess! Do you want our family to be a feast for the press? With what you have done, it will already be. If the news broke out that you are that child’s father, your reputation will greatly be affected. What people know is Sandara is your girlfriend but you got another woman pregnant. I don’t even care about the company anymore Jiyong, I’m afraid of what will happen to you!”

 

Mrs. Kwon covered with her hands. She realized the huge impact that will happen to her son soon.

 

“Distrust and infidelity Jiyong! Distrust and infidelity! People would look at you and that is what they will remember about you. It won’t just affect you, the company too. The board will not agree to hand in my position to you. Kim Jaejoong will have it!”

 

Jiyong stood up. “I’ll fix it. I’ll fix everything... For Dara.”

 

He then left his parents behind.

 

...

 

It was already seven in the evening. Jiyong was parked along the road across LGC. He was at the driver’s seat looking at the entrance, waiting for someone.

 

At that time, Dara’s car went out of LGC. He immediately started his car to tail her. He has been doing this after the day they broke up.

 

But today was different. He saw that there was another car tailing her. A car that was so familiar to him. It was Seunghyun’s.

 

He furrowed his brows. ‘Why is Seunghyun following her? Does she know it?’ He followed to where they were going.

 

They arrived at the residential area of Dara and he stopped to a distance where he could still see them. He saw Dara going to the entrance but Seunghyun didn’t follow. He stopped near the entrance and waited for her to enter too. He imm

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter