Chapter 12: I'm Sorry

Unconditional Promise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Flashback 2...

 

One Friday afternoon, Jiyong asked Dara to ride with him. “Baby, please ask Mr. Lee to let you go with me today. I want to take you to the movie theater and have dinner afterwards. We’re going to use my car. I’ll drive.”

 

“Jiyong that’s the second time you are going to drive without your driver. I let you drive before without your driver but that doesn’t mean that we can always do this whenever we are together.” Dara reminded him.

 

Jiyong pouted. “But I’m careful in driving. You saw how I drive baby.” He was whining like a child. “I brought us home safe and sound.” He tapped his chest.

 

“But don’t you see that it’s dangerous?”

 

“Okay, this is the last time that I would drive without my driver till I become 18. But you should go out with me now baby, pretty please?” He said with a puppy look.

 

Dara rolled her eyes. “Last time baby. Last time.” She was warning him.

 

“Yes mommy! I love you so much!” He sounded like a child. He cupped her face and pecked her lips three times.

 

Dara got the permission from Lee Soo Man since it was Friday and they didn’t have class the next day.

 

After their dinner and movie date, Jiyong decided to drive around the city with Dara first before bringing her home.

 

It was already late. They stopped over a gas station to refuel before going home. There was a black SUV that came over for a refuel and was eyeing them. Both of them didn’t mind since they thought that the people who came over were just there also for a refuel.

 

Dara was busy on her phone while Jiyong was paying for the gas on the cashier.

 

When Jiyong was walking back to the car, a man came near him and pointed a gun at his back. He stopped at his tracks and looked at the direction of Dara.

 

Dara saw the man pointing a gun at Jiyong. She was about to call for help but there was now also another man who also pointed a gun at her head. He opened the car door and pulled her out. He held her neck tightly with his arm while a gun was still being pointed at her head. She tried to pull herself from the man but he was so strong.

 

“Stop struggling or we will kill your boyfriend.” The man warned her.

 

Jiyong saw Dara struggling with a gun pointed at her head. He felt cold. He had to think of something else. He couldn’t protect her since she can’t reach her. “What do you want?” He said to the man pointing a gun at him.

 

“Do not move or he will shoot her.” Another man came and hit Jiyong’s back with a baseball bat. He groaned and fell facing the ground. Another man tied his arms at the back and taped his mouth so he couldn’t talk.

 

While Jiyong was being pinned to the ground. He saw the man holding Dara hitting her head with the gun. He was struggling but he couldn’t move. He couldn’t even shout as his mouth was tightly taped. He wanted to go near her and save her but he couldn’t. He helplessly saw them tying Dara’s hand and taping while she was unconscious. Blood was trickling at the side of her face. The color of the blood was so distinct against the pale color of her skin.

 

The men carried Dara to the back of the SUV first then they picked up Jiyong from the ground and pushed him inside too. Both of them were blindfolded.

 

It was a kidnapping case. He knew they were there to kidnap him. A lot of people already knew him as the heir of KHG. Dara was not yet legally adopted by Lee Soo Man and only very few people knew about her and her connection to the owner of LGC.

 

They were brought to an abandoned building away from the city. Jiyong tried to be conscious and be well-aware of everything. He tried to feel Dara beside him but she was still unconscious.

 

The kidnappers placed them in two separate rooms beside each one. They were tied to a chair and their blindfolds were already removed. Jiyong was still trying hard to be conscious and tried to hear everything from his surroundings. He heard one of the men speaking about his father and who was going to call him. The other kidnappers left the room except for one. He removed the tape from his mouth.

 

“What do you want?” Jiyong asked the kidnapper.

 

The man smirked, “We want 20 million dollars. That’s what we will be asking from your family.” He from his cigarette and blew the smoke in his face.

 

Jiyong coughed. “Where is the girl I was with? Where did you bring her?”

 

“Ah, your pretty girlfriend?” The man another one from his cigarette and breathed out. “She’s just around this building. Don’t worry, my friend already likes her. He’s with her now.”

 

“Please don’t touch her. She’s got nothing to do with this.”

 

“Yep, too bad she was with you when we planned to kidnap you.” The man nodded. “Sorry boy, It’s already too late. She’s part of this now.”

 

“I’ll ask my family to pay you what you want. Just don’t touch her.”

 

Just then, another man came in with a tray in his hands. The tray contained a syringe and a bottled drug in liquid form. “We have called your family and asked for a ransom. I’ll give them 5 hours to complete the transaction Jiyong Kwon.”

 

“Five hours is too short to secure that kind of money. It’s already late and the banks aren’t open anymore.” He was trying to negotiate with the kidnappers.

 

The man holding the tray emptied the small bottle into the syringe.

 

“What will you do?” Jiyong asked.

 

“This is a drug that will make you relax and shut up.”

 

“No please no. I’m begging you. Don’t do it.”

 

The man smirked. “Uh huh! You don’t want it? Fine!” The he left the room.

 

Dara on the other room had already waken up. She squinted her eyes and tried to look at her surroundings. She tried to find Jiyong but he wasn’t there. She looked at her body and saw that she was tightly strapped to a chair. was still taped. There was another man in the room busy with his phone.

 

“Mmm... Mmm.” She got the attention of the man.

 

The man went near her and removed the tape from . “What is it?”

 

“Where am I? Where is Jiyong?”

 

The man placed the tape back to . “Your boyfriend is at the other room. So just keep quiet or I’ll hurt you.”

 

The man holding a tray from Jiyong’s room came inside Dara’s. He drew the syringe and injected the drug on her. “I’m sorry sweetheart. Your boyfriend

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter