Chapter 28: Luna

Unconditional Promise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The meeting between Kwon Hotels and Amore went on with Bom smiling to herself most of the time. She was trying so hard to stifle her laughter while looking at Dara and Jiyong.

 

Jiyong was mostly out of this world staring at Dara the whole duration of the morning meeting while Dara was trying her best not to look at Jiyong and talk strictly business. She was avoiding Jiyong’s puppy stares.

 

Bom knows Dara too much to the point that she can sense when she is just masking her real feelings. She may look tough and serious to others but she couldn’t hide herself to Bom.

 

Chairman Kwon had to nudge Jiyong a couple of times just to get him back to the meeting. Bom even caught Jiyong’s father shaking his head and sighing every time he had to nudge his son.

 

To Bom, the morning meeting was like a comedy show. She didn’t even know whether Jiyong understood the topic of the morning meeting or not.

 

Dara was rolling her eyes to Bom every time she sees her stifling her laugh and covering her face. She was so relieved that the other people in the meeting didn’t seem to know what was happening. Only her, Bom, Jiyong and Chairman Kwon.

 

The morning meeting was about the changes that Amore would like to happen to Kwon Hotels. Another one, since Amore doesn’t have an office in Seoul, Kwon Hotels will provide a space for it. It wasn’t going to be LGC to provide for it since it isn’t under it. Chairman Kwon would also have to provide an office for Dara in the executive floor same level as them. Lastly, the topic about the Incheon Project was opened.

 

Dara had announced that she would continue the Incheon Project still under her LGC Construction team. This was the main issue she would like to tackle. The project was just done halfway before Kwon Hotels had to halt it because of financial issues.

 

Chairman Kwon felt uneasy because of that. Since Dara will continue the Incheon Project with all funds coming from her, he became worried. What would Chairman Lee say. If Dara’s profile was hidden to the public as Amore’s owner, it wasn’t hidden to her family and now to them.

 

Since he couldn’t say no to Dara’s decision, there was only one thing they could do. They had to manage the business well. No excuses. He knew that Dara would expect them to work hard so her investments wouldn’t go to waste. It was big after all.

 

The only question in his mind now was why she was insisting on helping the company to stand better. Either she had the intention of buying them out and becoming the biggest shareholder in the company or not. If that happens, there was no other choice but to give up his position to her and not to Jiyong anymore. Or was there really another reason? He couldn’t tell.

 

While they were on lunch break, Dara went out of the conference room. She had to take a breather and looked for a place where she can take her mind off a bit of everything. She looked for the stairs going to the rooftop.

 

As she was walking on the stairs going to the rooftop, someone followed her.

 

When she arrived at the rooftop, she chose to stand near the railings where there was a shade and have a look at the scenery in front of her. From where she is, she could see lots of places, the Han River and the LGC building from afar.

 

She closed her eyes and sighed.

 

Just then, a pair of arms wrapped her from behind. She opened her eyes immediately and wanted to look at who it was but the person back hugging stopped her.

 

“Give me a few minutes Dara, please.” Jiyong said. “I just miss you so much. I couldn’t help it.” He breathed in her scent and hugged her tightly.

 

“Jiyong, what are you doing? Somebody might see us.” Dara replied.

 

“I don’t care baby, I don’t care. Even if it is Seunghyun who will see us, I wouldn’t care.”

 

“Ji, let me go.” Dara pleaded.

 

He sighed. He kissed her cheek and shoulder first before he let go and stood beside her with hands in his pockets. Both of them continued to look at the view in front of them in silence.

 

“I followed you in Europe one month after the last time I saw you in my office.” Jiyong started.

 

Dara was surprised. Her eyes widened and looked at Jiyong. “I didn’t see you.”

 

He smiled but he didn’t look at her. “I know.”

 

“Why didn’t you come to me Ji? I waited for you.”

 

“Because I didn’t know if showing myself to you was worth it.”

 

“What?”

 

Jiyong finally looked at her but he wasn’t smiling anymore. “Why are you doing this Dara? Why are you helping my company?”

 

Her phone rang. It was Bom.

 

She was about to answer her phone but Jiyong held her wrist so she wouldn’t .

 

“I’m not going to let this go Dara. We need to talk.”

 

“Ji, I think we need to go back to the conference room.”

 

He wasn’t answering. He was just staring at every inch of her face seriously like he was trying to memorize it.

 

Dara shook her arm. “Ji!” Her phone didn’t stop ringing.

 

"We are going to talk. I can’t wait anymore. I don’t even care if you really are with Seunghyun.”

 

“I am with Seunghyun, Ji. And besides, you are seen with different girls especially with the model. I’ve heard, she is your girlfriend.”

 

“How many times do I have to tell you, I am not in a relationship with any of them. I told you to listen only to me. I would never lie to you. There is no one but you in here.” He pointed to his heart.

 

“What?”

Jiyong tightened the hold on Dara’s wrist and looked at her sternly. “You are MINE! I told you that before. Those five years without you is too long and that’s enough. Now that you are here, I’ll get everything back. Everything Dara, especially you!”

 

...

 

Before Dara came back to Korea, Chairman Lee asked his realtor to look for a penthouse for Dara and Luna in Hannam-dong. He paid an interior designer to arrange everything so she could immediately occupy the place when she comes home.

 

Minho doesn’t live near Dara anymore. Since he was married to Suzy three years ago, they bought a villa in Gangnam-gu that would be fit for them and their twins. They got married in France a year after Dara stayed in London.

 

Seungri now lives in a luxury apartment fit for a bachelor in Seongdong-gu.

 

This time, Luna hasn’t arrived in Korea yet. She will follow together with her nanny and her bodyguard in just more than a week from now. She is already 4 years old and is attending an exclusive pre-school in London. She is a very smart kid for her age and very understanding.

 

Although Seunghyun had been telling her to call him dad, she knew that he wasn’t her father. She calls him Uncle Hyun.

 

Dara also reminded her that although they aren’t together with her father, he loves her very much. Whenever Luna asks Dara where her father is, she always tells her that he has to work hard and will meet him when he is ready.

 

When Dara gave birth to Luna, she would really like to call Jiyong. But there were lots of news regarding him in Korea. A lot of sites were stating that he had been dating different girls from time to time. Pictures with different girls came out. She didn’t k

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter