Chapter 7: Longing

Unconditional Promise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

KHG’s Incheon Project had already started. Dara’s team had to be hands on the job so most of their weekdays were spent in Incheon together. They usually go back to Seoul on the weekends.

 

At first, all of her team decided to live in different apartments just near each other but still in one building. But when Minho came to check on her and saw the units available, he bugged Dara to find another one suitable for her. He didn’t like how small it was and insisted that she should get a bigger and better apartment so that when he and their Dad decide to come visit, they wouldn’t cramp in it and that they should all fit. He also stressed that the construction will definitely take a couple of years to finish so it was just right to find a better one.

 

Dara just rolled her eyes and agreed so Minho would stop his nagging. At the same day he came to visit, he contacted every possible realtor he knows to find her an apartment that will pass his standards.

 

The rest of the team including Soo Hyun stayed on the original apartment building they found just beside the construction site for the project. Dara had to stay one block away from the site since this is the closest unit Minho had approved of. She now stays at a penthouse they rented.

 

The penthouse was situated at an apartment building where it is heavily guarded. It is big and wide with a master’s bedroom and a guest bedroom. The kitchen and dining are newly renovated, filled with new and complete furnitures and appliances. The living room is very well lit with floor to ceiling windows and a wide balcony. The view from there was breathtaking. A hired cleaning lady comes to the penthouse everyday to tidy up and sometimes cook since Dara didn’t have time to do it.

 

Jiyong on the other hand also schedules his visit in Incheon at least once a week.

 

When Dara remembered what Jiyong said in the club, her heart constricted in pain. She likes Jiyong so much but the pain she felt was not for herself. She felt the pain on how Jiyong said those words like he was hurting and begging for her. Hurting for what? Begging for what? She doesn’t know.

 

Since he and Dara had their time together at the club, their working relation had already changed. He always made time to call her every night before he goes to sleep. If Dara doesn’t answer, he’ll just call again the next night. He also made time to send her a message everyday reminding her of simple things or to just say hello.

 

Everytime he goes to Incheon, he makes sure that he buys flowers for Dara or some of the things he thinks Dara needs or wants. The LGC team especially Soo Hyun had observed him being extra sweet with her.

 

Soo Hyun sometimes asks her in a teasing way if they are already together but she always denies it. He deliberately one time when Minho came. He wanted to see what Minho’s reaction will be but he just kept quiet. It was actually not the kind of reaction he was expecting so he wondered why.

 

That day when Minho and Dara went home to the penthouse, Minho asked everything.

 

“Is it true?” Minho asked seriously. They were at the kitchen preparing their dinner that they bought from a restaurant.

 

“Yes.” Dara looked at Minho and expected him to be throwing negative remarks about Jiyong.

 

Minho sat down at their dinner and was quiet.

 

“Why aren’t you saying anything?” Dara was weighing whether her brother was just pranking her or not.

 

“What do you want me to say?” His tone was serious.

 

“I was expecting you to say that he is not that good looking like you... or he doesn’t smell as good as you or I don’t know...” She shrugged.

 

“But you like him, don’t you?”

 

“Yeah... maybe.”

 

“What do you mean maybe? He was your teenage crush since whenever and now he is showing interest in you. Are you happy?” He looked at her with sadness in his eyes.

 

“I’d be lying if I say that I don’t like him but like is different from love I guess?... I am happy but we’ll see as time goes.”

 

Minho nodded his head.

 

This was the first time Dara saw Minho like that. He was different this time comparing to other times when it came to guys showing interest on her. He usually drives them away as much as he could or he would bring out all the negative things about the guy. That is the main reason why Dara never had a boyfriend until now.

 

They heard her phone ring.

 

Dara looked at her phone screen and her face immediately brightened up.

 

Minho took a sip from his drink and looked at her.

 

“Seungri-ah, how are you?” Dara cheerfully answered. She placed her phone on speaker mode so Minho could hear it too.

 

“Noona I miss you so much! Do you miss me too?”

 

“Yah! Why are you only calling her? Why haven’t you called me?” Minho said loudly.

 

“Ouch hyung! I didn’t know you were there too... I thought noona is in Incheon.”

 

“Yes we are Seungri-ah.” Dara giggled.

 

“I miss you noona!”

 

“Yah pabo! Why do you miss only her?” Minho took the phone and talked even louder. “I’m also part of the family you know?”

 

“Because I only miss my lovely noona! I don’t miss you! You’re not lovely.” Seungri was laughing on the other line.

 

“Hmmp... Your lovely noona is already dating!” Minho was pouting.

 

“HUWAAATTTT? Oh my noona! Who is that lucky guy? I thought you only like Jiyong Kwon?”

 

“BULLSEYE!”

 

“Yah yah! Why are you answering for me?” Dara widened her eyes at Minho.

 

“So you mean, it really is Jiyong Kwon? I thought the dating article was fake.”

 

“It was, now it isn’t.” Minho rolled his eyes at Dara.

 

“But we’re not yet dating?” She defended herself.

 

“Can’t you just scare him away hyung? Just like the other guys?”

 

“How can I if she likes him too? Remember, since uhmm... I don’t know.”

 

“Well then, we will be having our semestral break two weeks from now. We can tag team. I’ll be there for a little more than two weeks. That would be enough for him to get away from my lovely noona!”

 

“Why are you deciding for me?” She was complaining.

 

“Because we know better noona! I would like you to end with a prince!”

 

“But...”

 

“No buts noona! Right hyung?”

 

“Don’t include me on that. You do it yourself.” Minho crossed his arm on his chest.

 

“Hyuuuung!”

 

“Nooooppppe!”

 

“Ah don’t worry noona! I’LL SAVE YOUUU! I’ll save you from Jiyong Kwon!”

 

...

 

News articles about Jiyong and Dara dating came out once again. A lot of pictures taken from the club was released by the press. People began to believe more on this since the pictures released were the ones taken when they were at the VIP booth. Most of it were the ones where Jiyong trapped Dara with his arms, Jiyong kissing Dara and Jiyong hugging her tightly. Nobody questioned it anymore if they were real or not. Evidences were there left and right.

 

When the news reached Jiyong’s parents, Mrs Kwon was so excited. She was always calling Jiyong and reminding him to bring her to their house so they will know her personally. Mr. Kwon just let his wife feel happy about it. He himself was happy for their son but still his worries were

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter