idk the title either (1)

takin’ shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Miyawaki Saku, the young prince, heir to the throne is one stubborn and arrogant kid. Blame his mother for spoiling him to the very best of her abilities. Everything is being handed to him on silver platter, may it be material things or whatever it may be.

 

Not once did he hear the word ‘no’ from his mother, his father on the other hand is starting to worry about this attitude of his. His time is coming to an end, and although Saku is excellent and knowledgeable in the royalty’s responsibility to the nation, he lacks empathy to the people of his nation that he will soon rule.

 

And his father knows, it doesn’t matter how good you are at solving matters involving the conflicts of your nation. If you don’t know how to connect with the people you rule, it doesn’t make you worthy of the crown.

 

As each day goes by, his father’s worries heighten especially with the young prince in his teen. We all know that it’s the stage in one’s life where one’s emotions and wants are all over the place.

 

Saku’s an adventurous guy, he’s always out with his friends and this is where his rebellious stage begins. His father foresaw it coming, he knew the minute his son turned ten that his head will hurt trying to discipline the lad.

 

Not only does he not do as what he was instructed to do, but Saku also has the courage to speak up against the King himself and today, the King is at his limit.

 

“That is it. I am stripping you off your title, from this day on, you are no longer the crowned prince of this nation. From this day forward, you are going to live a life without the luxury of being a prince. I will have the maids pack your bags and the guards will drop you off in a village where not one will treat you as the prince. You are going to live a life posed as a mere commoner of this nation, with no maids to serve you, no guards to protect you, it’s just you and yourself for a month. Unless you prove yourself worthy of the title of a young prince, the future king, this castle will not welcome you in its doors.”

 

Saku thought his father was kidding, no scratch that, he hoped he was kidding. He so greatly wished it was nothing but a mere threat from the King, but when he was called to be ushered to the car and he saw his things being put inside the compartment, his face turned pale.

 

The King was dead serious, Saku doesn’t know how long the drive was but the next thing he knew, the guards dropped him off at a small secluded cabin and a middle-aged couple took him in their home.

 

They were talking to him, or are they teaching him how things work? Saku doesn’t know, somehow their voices were muffled so instead, he looks around the house to check his surroundings.

 

Everything is cramped and small compared to the castle, the living room is just the same as the kitchen, there’s no TV, no air condition, no internet, nothing that could keep him entertained.

 

Great.

 

It’s almost as if he’s back in the medieval time with no modern technology. How is he supposed to last thirty days in this small and dirty cabin?

 

“Mother, father, the pigs are fed.” Just then, a woman just about his age only a little months younger came to his view. She had her hair tied up in a bun, her shirt is a little dirty, a few mud splashes are on her face and she reeks of pig smell which Saku concluded was because she’s been tending those animals, but still she looks pretty.

 

Chaewon didn’t notice Saku’s presence at first, she thought he was just another one of her parents’ guests, inquiring about their crops and meat but upon recognizing his distinctive features, her eyes grew wide in realization.

 

“Your Highness! I apologize for not noticing you sooner I—“ Before she could bow her head in respect to the lad, her mother stopped her midway.

 

“It’s alright sweetie. Saku is not here as the crowned prince, the King gave us an order to treat Saku as one of us commoners and no special treatment. He will be staying here with us for a month, and he will help us run our farmland. In fact, the King requests we let him do his tasks on his own after a week of settling in.” So the rumors were true, the prince is a hard-headed boy and the King is getting tired of his attitude so he sent him away to teach him a lesson.

 

From the exterior, the young prince doesn’t look like it. In fact, from the pictures she saw, she thought he looks like an angel which made her come to a conclusion that he isn’t the delinquent prince from the rumors she heard.

 

“Anyway Chaewon, he’s going to be sleeping in your room with you. Your father and I are going to town for a few hours, you two get yourselves acquainted okay?” Chaewon nods at her mother’s orders, she subtly glance over at the prince who was also looking at her very intently.

 

It made her flustered and caused a hint of blush to paint her cheeks. She masked it off with a fake cough before taking one of the lad’s many bags.

 

“Follow me, please.” The lass still doesn’t know how to address the prince, who knows he might hold grudge against her when she were to call him by his name so she feels quite awkward with him.

 

The fact that he’s also going to be sleeping in the same room as her, for one month if I may add. Is he supposed to occupy her bed? It’s a single bed, how are they supposed to fit? Will she have to sleep on the cold floor? Well it is her room, can she tell him to take the floor instead? She was then reminded of her mother’s words.

 

No special treatment, he’s a commoner just like them.

 

“The bed is quite small.” Saku immediately occupied her bed, testing to softness and patting the blanket. His face scrunch up when he felt it wasn’t as soft as his bed in the palace.

 

“That’s because it’s a single bed, made for a single person which is me. You can make yourself comfortable on the floor, I’ll get you a cover and a blanket.” Saku was baffled upon hearing this, but before he could complain about it Chaewon left the room already.

 

This is unbelievable. On the floor? Why the hell am I sleeping on the floor? I’m the crowned prince for Christ’s sake!

 

Saku thought, his forehead shows a crease as his brows pull together. His back is going to kill him by the time his punishment ends. When Chaewon comes back, she places the blanket and cover on the side then busied herself with fixing her things to make space for the lad’s things.

 

Her room is small and it was fine because she doesn’t have a lot of things anyway. But the lad does, he has three bags and she doesn’t have the space to store all his belongings. He’s only staying for a month, there’s no need to bring that much clothes. Unless the King have

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter