our hidden treasure (3)

takin’ shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

the night before wonyoung's birthday, the family of three were busy packing their bags and everything else needed to be brought to their rest house. at exactly twelve midnight, they will be driving past a few towns, expecting to reach their private property in five to six hours.

 

whike saku was putting their bags among with every other things in the trunk, chaewon safely tucks the three, turning four year old on her babyseat. after ensuring that she is secured, the fairy headed to the passenger seat and waited for her husband.

 

"mommy can we go somewhere else for my birthday?" chaewon looked back at her daughter and saw how her eyes were conveying a pleading look. she felt ultimately bad that the little girl wasn't given much freedom in her life, that ever since she was born, she was being restrained from everything she wanted to do.

 

the mother stretches an arm to her daughter's face before responding, "i'll talk to your dad later about it. but for the mean time, let us first celebrate your birthday in the villa okay? everyone will be there, even yujinnie." and finally, a cute little smile appeared on the kid's face, replacing the frown that never left since this morning.

 

right at the same time, saku stepped inside the car and asked his family if they're ready to go. once receiving a nod from the both of them, he started the engine and began driving to their private property.

 

the parents expected their daughter to fall asleep the instant they move, however, it seems like the said news made the little girl wide awake and judging from her wide excited grin and cheery actions, she doesn't have plans of sleeping anytime soon.

 

"wonyoungie why don't you rest first? you'll be needing all your energy later for your birthday party we don't want you sleeping while everybody else is singing a birthday song for you." says the mother, but what she got from wonyoung was a teasing smile.

 

"no i don't wanna." followed by her sticking her tongue out. chaewon looked back behind her faking a gasp while the father could only laugh watching the two loves of his life acting silly to each other.

 

"you don't wanna? well i guess we'll have to cancel this year then, saku turn the car back." hearing this, wonyoung's smile was replaced with a deep frown as her eyes began to water in disappointment.

 

"papa..." the little kid turned to her father for help, then came a loud cry coming from her as tears flew down from her eyes nonstop. in a state of panic, chaewon immediately reclined her seat and showered her daughter with kisses.

 

"oh no no no. no wonnie don't cry i'm kidding i'm sorry. mommy's kidding we're still going, daddy's still driving see?" she cooes, shushing her daughter but still with a few droplets of tears as her chin trembles keeping her sobs in.

 

saku chuckles as he watched his wife try to make it up to their daughter in silence. once settled, chaewon returned her seat back as she leans and sighs in relief.

 

"you just have to upset her." upon this being said, the fairy shot darts towards her husband, yet to her disappointment her glares didn't faze him a bit. if one it made him laugh more thinking she's cute.

 

"i didn't know she'll cry!" chaewon crosses her arms as her lips formed a pout. the older then took one hand off of the wheel and pinches her cheeks to which the younger reacted to with a growling sound to express her displease to his actions.

 

"of course she would! she took after you!" she then hits his hand and took revenge by pulling his ear which made him hiss with his head tilted.

 

"baby i'm driving!" he yells and pleaded to be let go. as the couple had a silly argument in the front seat, wonyoung watches her parents with a happy goofy smile plastered on her face. she was chuckling and laughing, estatic even until eventually all three had calmed down.

 

"that hurts you know." saku says while wearing a pout, his wife on the other hand could only roll her eyes on him then leaned on her seat and closed her eyes as exhaustion slowly comes to her.

 

"well i am tired, wake me up when we're there. no noise while i have my beauty rest please." that being said, chaewon slowly falls asleep leaving her husband and daughter alone in the real world.

 

"papa." wonyoung calls out and the lad hums a reply as he checks on her from the rear view.

 

"tell me the rest of the story please." she said, remembering that her dad never did had the chance to finish the story of how he and chaewon got together for a reason being that she fell asleep as they were in the middle of the story.

 

"what story princess?"

 

"the one about you and mommy." saku pauses for a while, thinking back and when he recalled he went on with a smile on his lips.

 

"well baby bunny, let's just say that uncle yehan is one heck of a wingman."

 

FLASHBACK

 

if this is reality, lord god please protect yehan from his future because just a minute ago when the two pals were fetching yuri in her place, someone just happens to come along with them and for what reason?

 

"i was thinking you'd feel uncomfortable being a third-wheel to us so we figured, why not bring a friend? think of it as ahm... a double date, perhaps?" saku could already see his best bud smirking because of his scheme, and from behind he's already picturing himself torturing the poor duck in his mind.

 

"are you fine with that?" asks yuri with an innocent smile, but boy did it not fool the japanese. he knew that she learned about his little crush on chaewon through her boyfriend, and that she is in it with the plan.

 

"yeah sure, we're already acquainted anyway. right oppa?" the fairy then turns to him wearing what probably is a smile of an angel and he was struck seeing her this close in this light that he was just... stupefied.

 

like suddenly the time froze and all he could think of was how beautiful her brown orbs were and how he would want to look at it, to swim in it every single day.

 

"oppa, are you okay?" saku blinked when he heard her calling to him. confused, his eyes landed on everyone in the car before locking his eyes back to that of the little cub.

 

"ah yeah. yeah we were in uhh- a show together. she's in my team." yehan raised a brow, trying to see how far he could go into pushing their two friends to each other.

 

"i saw that episode, you two look cute in the segment where chaewon was feeding you with one hand. don't they yul?" the blond guy then locked gazes with his girlfriend who is in it with him. saku was quick to notice his intentions, and before he could make everyone feel uncomfortable, the actor purposely bumped his knee on the back of the duck-lipped guy's seat causing him to jerk.

 

"ow hyung?!"

 

"oh sorry mate, i didn't mean to. so why don't you just zip your mouth and start driving please." saku scrunched his face as he leaned forward to pat the younger guy on his shoulder and with it was his threatening tone.

 

that being said yehan drove all four of them to their destination, the arcade. it wasn't packed, matter of fact it seems like the place was reserved just for them. stepping inside the unfamiliar place, chaewon stares in awe with its structure.

 

"how did you get this place?" labeling herself as a shy introvert, she never did get to places like this. well maybe when she was just a kid, but then again she also started training at such a young age that she never got to go out to places as much as she please.

 

"oh this? this is where hyung and i always hang out during our free time. so anyway, the team with the most tickets wins dinner. goodluck you two." before they could even object or anythi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter