1st - what happened to us?

takin’ shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"goodnight mom, goodnight dad i love you." a five year old kid said as she kissed her parents a goodnight. the couple smiled at their daughter tenderly before tucking her in bed.

 

"goodnight wonnie, we love you too." the wife utters faintly and with that, she and her husband turned off the lights and closed the door to their daughter's room before heading to theirs.

 

there was not a single exchange of words between the married couple, instead, they laid their bodies on the bed to rest, setting a wide distance away from each other.

 

chaewon sighs as her eyes bore on her husband's back while asking herself, how did they come to this? they were once so in love, and their daughter, wonyoung was a proof of that love.

 

she conceived the kid in her womb for nine months, and she remembered how she and saku were so happy when they knew that they would be having a child. the lad even refused to go to work, just to assist his wife with her pregnancy.

 

yet, here they are now. barely even talking to each other. it was like one day, she woke up and the japanese was no longer holding any signs of affection for her in his beautiful brown eyes.

 

he was looking at her, blankly while she looks at him like he's her whole world along with their daughter. the fairy wanted to know why, ask what happened to them, but she's afraid to know the truth.

 

she's afraid that saku would tell her that it's because, he simply fell out of love with her. or worse, he fell in love with someone else and because of that, the lass decided to keep it to herself. keep all the pain, all her emotions, bottled inside her heart out of fear.

 

tears flew out of her eyes, chaewon was sobbing meekly as she longed for her husband, hands clutching on her chest in hopes of alleviating the pain in her heart but on the contrary, the pain only intensifies.

 

the short haired girl hopes for saku to notice her cries, and maybe, a little bit of care would spark up within the lad's heart. however, she was only disappointed as he did nothing.

 

he didn't even turn to look at her, ask if she's okay, envelop her in his arms until she soothes down. it was almost like they were two strangers, sleeping in the same bed, except she's in love with the stranger, and the other is not.

 

the next day, chaewon woke up first to prepare food for her daughter and her husband. she was cooking eggs and bacon when the sound of the two caught her attention.

 

they were laughing together, with wonyoung in her father's hold, hair being ruffled by him. the fairy stared at them warmly, happy to see that at least, the lad is still doing a good job being a father to their kid.

 

right then, she caught the japanese's eyes, their gaze lingered for a few moments before the latter rapidly put his daughter down and rushed towards his wife.

 

in a swift manner, he pulled her in his arms harshly causing chaewon to close her eyes as she bumped on his chest. the brown haired girl wasn't able to see what happened, but she did hear the sound of the pan being thrown to the sink.

 

as the panic subsided down, the lass slowly fluttered her eyes open and was greeted with the sight of her husband panting heavily with sweat running down the side of his face and knitted eyebrows.

 

the japanese then turned to look at her and saw a glint of concern in his brown pool. it's been long since she had been surrounded with his warmth, too long that she was unfamiliar with it but nevertheless, it still granted her with a burning feeling in her chest.

 

"are you planning on burning down the kitchen?" until the atmosphere changed and turned into a cold one. his tone brought shivers down to her spine, the way he spoke almost seems like he had no feelings for her, and his eyes also transitioned into a passionless one.

 

"s-sorry." was all the younger could ever say as she was still puzzled by what happened. right after, she felt the hem of her shirt being tugged and there wonyoung's face was filled with worry.

 

"mommy are you okay?" her daughter asked, not wanting her to feel upset, the fairy lowered herself to the five year old's level and  her cheeks.

 

"yes mommy's fine, sorry for making you worried. should we just order delivery for breakfast? how does mcdonalds sounds?" the short haired girl asked, hoping it'll console the girl.

 

"let's not do fastfood for breakfast. how about a café, wonnie likes hot chocolate right? then after that we could play in the park, i heard auntie eunbi and uncle hyeseok will go there too with yujinnie." saku too knelt down, and his words brought a smile to the little girl's face. with that, she nodded her head excitedly and hugged her parents' neck.

 

chaewon was caught by a surprise with the black haired guy's decision for them to have breakfast in a café as it has been long since they last went out together as a family for a reason that the lass didn't want to know about.

 

the fairy understands that he works as the ceo of a big company in south korea hence his schedule is unpredictable. but still, they've been married for almost seven years now, and this had never happened before, ever.

 

usually, if the japanese were to go home late he would first text his wife about it and make sure to make up for the time loss the next day. however, one day she woke up and everything changed.

 

she doesn't know why, but it just did and the younger couldn't confront him about that. thoughts clouded her mind about that, thinking that maybe he had grown tired of her as they have been together since high school. or maybe, there is a third party involved and it pains her heart imagining that.

 

the short haired girl wanted to believe that their relationship is merely going on a phase, that by the end of it, everything will go back to the way it was. miyawaki saku was basica

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter