over and over

takin’ shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Saku makes one final stitch, and everyone in the operating room applauds his for another successful operation. He thanked everyone with him for their hard work as he let the interns do the rest and left the operating room with feeling high with success.

 

He just performed a really tough surgery with a 25% chance of survival, but yet again, he did it with ease. He is after all, one of the top cardiac surgeons all over the world. People all over the world fly just to have a consult with him.

 

Saku’s washing his hands, whistling as he does and as he dries his hands the door busted open and an overly panting intern came to him with fear in her eyes.

 

“Yes, Yuna? Something wrong?” He asked the intern who bit her lower lip, Saku could tell she’s hesitant to speak so he blindly assumes that the intern messed something up.

 

“What did you do this time?”

 

“N-no, it’s nothing like that Doctor Miyawaki…” In fact it’s much worse, because what she’s about to tell the surgeon is probably going to make him go crazy.

 

“Well? Then speak up.” Yuna gulped the big lump on before finally, telling him the news that he never wanted to hear.

 

“It’s about your wife… she’s in OR 3…” Saku had never ran this fast his whole life, not even when he has a really important emergency surgery to attend to. He literally sped away and ran to the other side, his head was spinning from the news as he prays to God that the intern just messed up and his wife isn’t really on the table in OR3.

 

But when he stepped inside the room, he went pale. Indeed, the woman on the table is none other than his wife. Oh how he wished he was merely mistaken and his eyes were merely playing tricks on him, but when Eunbi looks at him with sympathetic eyes as she operates on his wife, he nearly passed out.

 

“She’s going to be fine Saku, I promise I’ll do everything. Yuna will explain everything to you, but for the meantime let me do my thing and you wait in her room okay? We’ll take her up as soon as I close, just two more hours Saku, please wait for me in her room.” He trusts Eunbi, he really does with his whole life. But this is his wife, it’s natural for him to be scared that Eunbi won’t succeed with the operation.

 

If he could only operate on her and take over the room, he would. But he also know that he can’t, it’s in the policy. They cannot operate on family members, so he takes a step back, putting his trust on Eunbi as he leave without saying a word.

 

He’s far too shocked to speak right now, he couldn’t even register what Yuna was saying as she explains what had happened to his wife. That’s how blank his mind was, funny because earlier when he was scrubbing he was thinking about what he’ll say to Chaewon when he gets back home.

 

They always talk about how their days went as a way to catch up with each other, with him being a surgeon, he’s mostly away and every time he gets home, Chaewon’s already asleep.

 

Although she does make sure to wake up very early to cook him breakfast, kiss him goodluck, but just recently, multiple tragedies struck their city causing him to work overtime and he’s barely even home.

 

He was really looking forward for tonight, as he finally managed to have a clearer schedule as most of his patients have been discharged. But then something horrible just had to happen.

 

It was only two hours, but for Saku it felt like forever. When Chaewon was brought to her room, at last, Saku sighs in relief and hugged her unconscious body so tight.

 

He had no more tears left to cry, he’s been sobbing since the minute he got here. Eunbi puts a hand over his shoulder to comfort him.

 

“She’s fine Saku, but she suffered a major brain trauma from the accident. I’m afraid to say that there’s a high probability that she’ll be diagnosed with amnesia, but I still can not tell whether it is long term or not. But just in case, you have to prepare yourself.” That’s heart breaking to hear, the idea of her waking up and not knowing who he is makes him want to break apart but he’s relieved to know that she’ll be fine at least.

 

The waiting game is what the most for him, they’re really not certain when Chaewon will wake up. He just hopes that it’s sooner rather than later, but for now all he can do is wait.

 

He calls his wife’s friend, Yunjin first to let her know what had happened. She wants to come and visit as soon as she can, but he first needs to ask her a favor.

 

Their kids are coming home from daycare soon and with Chaewon’s current situation he can’t come home tonight, plus he doesn’t know what to tell them. Their daughters who love their mother dearly, he must first make sure that Chaewon’s alright before he tells them about her.

 

“Please be okay.” Saku kisses her head gently as he caress her cheeks. He’s not a religious guy, really. But that day, his feet drag him to the chapel in the hospital and he prayed so hard, him being both on his knees as he beg for God to save his wife.

 

The next day came, Saku was tidying up the things in his wife’s room. Some of his doctor friends came by bearing gifts such as fruits, flowers, and some food for him. He also got the rest of the week off so he can focus on the recovery of his wife.

 

Now he sits on the side of Chaewon’s bed again, staring at her intently as he her cheeks.

 

“Wake up soon please, Wonyoung’s been asking for you and Yunjin doesn’t know what to tell her. We love you.” He gave her another kiss on the forehead then proceeds to the back of her hand, he gave it a kiss as well and he was about to let go of her hand when all of a sudden, he felt a slight clench.

 

Saku immediately stands up and observes his wife’s face, waiting for her to slowly flutter her eyes open. He sees her irises moving and her eyelids struggling to open, but when she did, boy did he feel all the heavy weight off of his shoulder.

 

“Oh God, thank God.” Save the emotional parts later, he grabbed his stethoscope and pressed the end against her chest. Her heart is beating steady much to his relief, next he starts testing her motor skills, asking her to follow his finger, clench his finger, wiggle her toes, and she’s able to do all that.

 

But there’s one thing that Saku keeps avoiding, scared of what he might find out the minute Chaewon answers the question that’s been bugging him since yesterday.

 

The lad sat next to her, and the fairy stares back at him with an unknown glint in her eyes. They held a staring contest, not one having the courage to speak up.

 

For Chaewon, it’s confusing. She just woke up, her head is throbbing, she can’t even comprehend anything yet, but there’s one thing that’s very clear in her head right now, and it’s the only thing that’s taking her focus away from her throbbing head.

 

“You’re really handsome.” Chaewon said out loud, it was obvious that even the lass herself didn’t expect that she’ll blurt it out loud. A quiet chuckle erupted from the lad’s lips as the younger hides her reddened face behind her hands.

 

“Am I?” Saku sat closer to her, taking her small hands into his while the fairy avoids his gaze as much as she could.

 

“Y-yeah…” The lad flashes a sad smile, he can already come to a diagnosis with the way his wife is acting all shy and anxious in front of him.

 

“I get that a lot, don’t worry you’re not the first one to ever notice.” He says and uses one hand to tuck loose strands of her hair behind her ear, which only worsened the blush on her face.

 

“But I think you’re really beautiful too.” The older gives her a light pat on her head, an action that gave her butterflies all over her stomach. She felt like flying honestly.

 

“You’re making me fall for you doc.” Chaewon scoffs, masking off her blush by turning her head away though she knows that barely did anything.

 

“Well I’m more than glad to receive your love.” The fairy wonders, if doctors are supposed to flirt with their patients like

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter