chaewon and her roommate

takin’ shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

kim chaewon knows so little about her roommate, all she knows is that the lad he brings over different girls every weekends to their shared apartment and that he completely adores his cat, maru.

 

fortunately, her roommate is very considerate of her. although she hears nothing apart from muffled moans when she’s in the living room as the walls in their apartment is quite thick, he still buys her earplugs every week just in case and texts her if it’s alright to bring someone over.

 

she doesn’t really mind, she told him that he doesn’t need to ask for her permission every time because it’s not like she’s being disturbed or anything but he still does.

 

when he does bring someone over though, chaewon would often hear maru purring in front of her door, as if the cat’s begging to be let inside as it usually sleeps in the living room.

 

when it does,  chaewon does not hesitate to cuddle the little fur ball to sleep. saku’s not the only one who likes cats after all, maru is a good company and she would often shower it with love, kisses, and cuddles.

 

saku was actually surprised to see maru warm up to chaewon not even a week after the lass moved in the apartment. the cat is usually hostile to people, thus he was worried he would have to take maru back to his mother for the mean time to be taken cared of, but to his surprise, maru liked the fairy probably more than him.

 

after a month they’re basically co-parenting maru, chaewon even buys treats, cat food, and toys for the cat. saku told her she doesn’t need to do that and that he’ll pay her back, but chaewon politely refused and told him that she’s also grown fond of the fur ball and would love to spoil it as much as she can.

 

that’s all they have in common actually. apart from talking about maru at times, they didn’t really talk much to each other. small talks about how their days went during dinner is mostly what they talk about for casualties.

 

are they friends? probably, it’s just that their relationship is so weird. they obviously care about each other, but don’t bother to get to know each other.

 

like how saku would often come home with ice creams when she craves for it, or like how he brought home bungeoppang earlier when he saw her posting about it on her instagram story for a few days already.

 

chaewon doesn’t even know where he found one because she’s more than a hundred percent sure no store sells bungeoppang near their apartment hence why she’s been craving for it for days and couldn’t do anything about it.

 

she was so delighted to finally have it that she couldn’t help herself from pulling him in a hug. the closest they’ve been after six months of living together.

 

saku was surprised to be pulled in an airtight hug, but tapped her back after recovering from shock a few seconds after.

 

“i’ll bring home another one tomorrow if you want.” chaewon breaks the hug, looking at the lad in disbelief but with a small grin on her face.

 

“really? you will?” he nods, like it’s no big deal.

 

“yeah why not? you feed the cat, i feed the cub.” chaewon snickered at his remark and hits his arm lightly.

 

“alright alright, i still have to study, enjoy your snack.” the lass raises a questioning brow upon hearing that, then scanned the living room for something, or rather someone.

 

saku looked at her weirdly as if she grew another head.

 

“what are you doing?” he asked when chaewon’s head tilts in confusion.

 

“what day is it today?”

 

“sunday, why?” although confused as well as to why she’s acting weirdly, he answered her question.

 

“exactly, it’s sunday aren’t you supposed to be bringing someone over? i haven’t even seen you hold a book before. are you sure you’re my roommate? or are you just some weird alien who took his form?” chaewon eyed him suspiciously, the lad released a light laugh before ruffling her hair.

 

“geez you made me sound like a man chaewon-ah. no girls tonight, it’s just me and your bungeoppang who came home tonight so you can have a very peaceful and quiet rest.” saku assured her that, chaewon shrugs and thanked him one last time before they went on their own respective rooms.

 

that night, chaewon slept soundly with all smiles happy to have had her cravings satisfied and the very next day, true to his words saku brought home another bungeoppang which they are now eating together in the living room with maru on the lass’s lap.

 

“where did you even buy this? i swear they’re all closed. i couldn’t find one single stall the whole week.” chaewon asks as she munch on her food while her other hand maru’s fur.

 

“yunjin’s neighborhood, she texted me saying they have one in their neighborhood.” the lass’s eyes grew wide in shock, he went all the way there and back to their apartment just for bungeoppang?

 

“you went all the way there?!” saku looked at her with creased forehead for making a big deal out of it.

 

“it’s not that far.”

 

“not that far?! it’s thirty minutes away from our university and forty five minutes away from our building! traffic jam not included mind you.” the lad shrugs as he takes a big bite of his snack, chaewon still couldn’t believe he went all the way there for that reason alone.

 

“seriously it’s no big deal chae. i heard they have this cool pc bang in their neighborhood near the store so i went there with my friends.“ he grins at her widely and it’s the first time she saw him smile this wide that it made her smile as well.

 

what a thoughtful, thoughtful guy, chaewon thought but more importantly, since when were yunjin and saku texting each other?

 

with that, the pair glued their eyes back on the netflix series that they’re watching. although the fact that he went through so much trouble for a mere snack still didn’t leave chaewon’s head. she is so grateful for his willingness to go all the way there just to buy her the food she had been craving for and tried to think of ways she could give back.

 

what could she give him that would be quite useful for him? a pack of perhaps? chaewon couldn’t contain her laughter upon thinking that.

 

“why are you laughing?” saku asks eyeing her weirdly once again. he swear his roommate might be the weirdest girl he knows.

 

“nothing.” chaewon replied with a teasing tone, he rolled his eyes on her but didn’t pry any longer. he’ll let her keep being weird, it’s cute of her after all.

 

“if you say so.”

 

an hour later and their netflix show is over and by the end of the movie, chaewon is already yawning.

 

“alright get in your room now. i’ll clean up.” chaewon was delighted to hear that and she was about to stand up to go to her room when saku stopped her midway, his hands were on her arms and his gaze slowly falter to her lips.

 

she stared at him confused, not knowing what was going on but man did his intense stare smitten her a little bit.

 

“you’ve got crumbs and paste on your lips.” when saku reaches in to wipe the crumbs off of her lips, it was as if everything was in slow motion. chaewon could clearly hear the sound of her heartbeat, and man was it beating so damn fast that it’s scary as hell.

 

all of a sudden, her emotions are pouring all over the place and she could not contain it. she’s in a daze with her eyes glued to the lad’s black ones. she never noticed how beautiful his eyes were, it holds so many stars.

 

“all better, don’t be lazy to wash up before heading to bed yeah?” saku’s light pat pulled her back from her trance, she faked a cough and simply waved her hand then stormed off to her room in a hurry. the moment she closed the door to her room, her knees fell weak as she exhales the longest breath ever.

 

“what was that…” chaewon asked herself still in denial but she clearly know what that’s all about, but no she can’t fall for him. she barely knows him, plus he’s not really the type to settle down. he sleeps around with practica

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter