lost and found (9)

takin’ shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Do I really have to do this? I should be at the hospital you know? Wonyoung will whine about me not being there.” Chaewon grunts in displease as she prepares food for her picnic date with her sister, whom she barely even talks to nowadays all because Saku thinks it’s a great idea for them to do the things they used to before her parents kicked her out.

 

The lad held her still on both arms and looked at her straight in the eyes. He then shook his head at his lover’s stubbornness before pecking her lips.

 

“Yes love, it’s your birthday and you have to fix your relationship with Minju. As for Wonyoung, trust me she thinks it’s a great idea she’s very fond of Minju you know? Besides I’ll be there with her the whole day, we’ll wait for you at the hospital after your date with your sister. Now turn around.” Saku boops her nose, which made the younger look at her and growl. Nevertheless she turned around without any question. A few seconds after she felt a cold metal against her skin, she looked down and saw a beautiful necklace around her neck.

 

She knew it was his gift for her even without him saying it, so after the lad locked it around her neck, she turned to face him again and tiptoed to kiss his lips as a thank you.

 

“You’re right it is my birthday and there’s nothing more that I’d love to do other than to spend it with the two loves of my life.” Chaewon heard it the minute she said it, now she couldn’t take it back. The lad paused as he heard it too, flustered obviously about what just rolled out of his lover’s tongue and the younger doesn’t know if his reaction is a good thing or a bad thing.

 

“Saku I—“

 

“Two loves of your life? You’re talking about Wonyoung and…” It was obvious who she was pertaining into, but he wants her to say it. He wants to hear it from her, because he honestly wants to say it the L word so bad since they started dating but he’s afraid she might think that he’s rushing into things.

 

Ironic right? They’re practically doing everything that a married couple does and yet he couldn’t say he loves her in front of her face. Chaewon on the other hand went blank when he asked her about it, he obviously knows it’s him yet he wants her to say it.

 

“You know what Minju’s probably waiting in the lobby already can we—“ The fairy knew there was no way she’s getting out of this situation, but she’s desperate. Really desperate that she didn’t even finish packing the sandwiches and hastily threw everything in the bag. But of course to no surprise, Saku held her body against his and looked at her with a silly smile

painted on his face.

 

“It’s me right? Unless of course you’re talking about your ex.” He flashed a teasing grin and upon the mention of her ex, Chaewon hits his chest lightly before hugging him back and leaning her head against his chest in a way that she could hear his heart thumping loudly.

 

“Shut up of course it’s you.” She finally admits with her face turning flush as soon as she did. Saku couldn’t be happier when she finally did, he carried her and sat her on the countertop as he pulled slightly away to look at his lover who refuses to look at him if he didn’t lift her chin up.

 

“I love you too.” He said and slowly closes in to give her a kiss that lingered. Chaewon tilted her head a little bit and put both arms on his nape, deepening the kiss. They kissed for what felt like forever before parting away when they felt the need for oxygen. The older leans his forehead against hers, panting with his eyes closed. He still couldn’t believe any of this is happening, all the good things, they just keep on coming into his life and he doesn’t know whether to be afraid or not too.

 

Just like the younger, it’s been long since he actually felt alive. It’s been long since life started favoring him, who knows what’s to come right?

 

But as time goes by, oh she just melts everytime she sees the way he looks at her daughter, like she was his own and there’s nothing that could convince him otherwise. He loves both of them and she could see it in his eyes, and the fact that it was Wonyoung who brought him to their lives makes it even more special.

 

“Yeah, I know.” Chaewon pulled him by his collar and he responded to her advances by kissing her again, they just couldn’t take their hands off of each other could they?

 

“At this rate I might just have to cancel my afternoon with Minju, and we can have all afternoon to ourselves. What do you say?” When Chaewon said this, Saku immediately parted from her and narrowed his eyes at her. He knew she was being extra clingy towards him today, turns out she was using it to get out from having to confront her sister.

 

“Not going to work missy, come on let’s finish up quick and let’s get you down.” With a groan, Chaewon did what he wanted and returned from packing her things. She’s really against the idea of her spending an afternoon with her sister ever since Saku brought it up, but he has found the perfect way to convince her. He told Wonyoung all about it and we all know what that kid’s puppy eyes could make a person do.

 

Besides deep inside as much as she hates to admit it, she misses her sister too. Like a lot, Minju before was like her pillar just like how Yehan was. But well, life really does hate her because just as when she lost Minju, she lost Yehan too and she had to rely on herself from there on.

 

“I hate you.” Chaewon blurted out one last time while wearing a displeased expression as they got inside the elevator. The Japanese just chuckled at her, putting an arm around her shoulder as he pressed his lips against her ear.

 

“We both know you love me.”

 

“I do, but you said it first.” Chaewon stuck her tongue out to her lover, which made the lad chuckle in delight. That he did, and he’s relieved that from now on they’re free to say it to each other. She had never been this happy, he had never been this happy before either and now it was his turn to be afraid of what the future holds.

 

 

Chaewon and Minju sat down an arm length away from each other as they finished setting up their picnic with the dreading silence taking over. Not one of them wants to make the first move, well if there’s one thing they both have in common it’s that when they have an argument no one wants to break first.

 

Although they didn’t technically have an argument, they just drifted apart from each other and as much as they hate it, they just don’t know what to say to each other.

 

It has been years, they were teenagers when they last saw each other and now Minju is an intern at the hospital that her sister’s boyfriend owns while the older is now a mother. It’s been way too long for them to just suddenly start acting like nothing happened, because things are different now.

 

So much more different than the last, and because of that they sat there in silence like two strangers who happen to share the same space. More like forced to, thanks to the older’s girlfriend.

 

Speaking of the devil, Chaewon’s phone rang and there is the lad’s contact name showing on her screen.

 

“Saku—“

 

“ it up Kim Chaewon. Start talking to your sister she texted me and asks me to fetch you because apparently, in her own words you hate her.” The fairy rolls her eyes hearing the lad’s words from the other side of the line. He didn’t even wait for her to say something, he just straight up said I love you and ended the call.

 

The girl looked at her phone in disbelief as she scoffs, and then starts to wonder why on earth is her boyfriend so firm on trying to rekindle her relationship with her sister. Thinking about the past, she’s starting to realize something.

 

She misses her, so much. It wouldn’t hurt to be close to her again, right? When Chaewon takes a glance at the girl beside her, she saw Minju deeply lost in her own thoughts. She sighed then kept her eyes glued on her clueless sister and took her time noticing the changes in the younger’s appearance.

 

Kim Minju is one beautiful girl, even before then she had a lot of suitors. Boys and girls alike, Chaewon used to about it because before Minju didn’t have a lot of confidence. She was very timid, and thinks so low about herself you can say that she was dependent on Chaewon most of the time. The two sisters stuck to each other like bubblegum, they were each other’s person and thanks to the older, the younger gradually became the confident girl she is right now.

 

“Unnie…” But when the beauty calls for her, Chaewon suddenly heard her shy little sister from 10 years ago and before she knew it, tears were rolling down her cheeks.

 

Meanwhile back at the hospital Saku was chirping on his way to Wonyoung’s room while clutching a velvety box in his pocket. He smiled while thinking about his plan for tonight and couldn’t help but feel nervous and excited at the same time.

 

However stepping inside the room, he was rather surprised to see it empty. He turned to the nurse in charge of keeping an eye on his daughter’s room and asked

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter