lie to me (1)

takin’ shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“good morning honey.” saku gives his girlfriend a soft peck on the cheeks, snaking his arms around her waist as he sniffs her neck. the woman leans into his embrace as she flips the pancake she was cooking for him.

 

“this is new. what’s the occasion?” he asks while planting a trail of kisses on his girlfriend’s neck and shoulder.

 

“i just want to cook breakfast for my boyfriend, am i not allowed to do that now?” she said with a smile on her face, saku settled his chin on her shoulder, watching her do her thing while caressing her stomach.

 

“i’m actually craving for something else this morning.” he said with a smirk, chaewon could only chuckle at his sly remarks then playfully hits his arm that’s around her waist.

 

“hmm and what is that?” chaewon turns off the stove, turning around to face her boyfriend and puts both hands on his nape. the lad smiles at her and captures her lips in a heated kiss.

 

let’s just say that the pancakes that the lass made for breakfast was long forgotten and they went out for brunch instead after a good few hours of doing their own thing.

 

they finished brunch at around 1:30pm, spending around an hour and a half talking about random stuff. chaewon wanted to keep him longer though, but the lad insists he has work to do and she can’t say no to that.

 

that’ll be selfish of her.

 

“sorry i can’t drive you home, i’ll get you some ice cream later to make up for it though. how’s that sound my love?” saku her hair, an action that made her heart flutter. she puts on her biggest grin as she nods, and pretends to be happy as if her heart isn’t breaking right now.

 

“it’s okay oppa. i’ll be fine, call me when you arrive at work?” saku kissed her forehead to send her off and opened the door of the can for his girlfriend, like the sweet gentleman that he is.

 

“i love you chae.” he said, and although it may seem sincere and genuine, all chaewon could feel is pain. yet she still smiled and gave her boyfriend a peck on the cheeks.

 

“i love you more.”

 

and as the lad closes the door of the cab, he didn’t notice those few droplets of tears streaming down her once rosy cheeks, now pale from the pain he is causing her.

 

she’s not stupid, she knows that her lover has an affair with his own secretary. the same girl whom she treated as a sister of her own, they’ve grown quite close even before she suggested the girl to her own boyfriend to be his secretary.

 

but chaewon’s too much of a coward to confront them on their affair. she knew about it for three months now, she saw their texts one night when she couldn’t sleep. the lad’s phone chimed, she didn’t really plan on checking his phone because not once did she suspect him of cheating.

 

saku was so, so sweet and so so caring to her that there was no reason to suspect him of being unfaithful. but then it rang again, and again, and again. when she checked his phone and saw eunbi’s name, she thought it was something related to work and is urgent since numerous texts has been sent, but when she opened his phone all the blood in her body was drained.

 

she was sending her boyfriend pictures of her body, and the last text was her asking if chaewon could top her body. she couldn’t move, she couldn’t even feel herself breathing. it took a while for chaewon to gain her composure back, and when she did, she learned that the affair has been going on for two months now.

 

saku’s supposed out of town business trips? it was to go on vacations with eunbi. going home late because of work? nope, he just went to dinner with eunbi.

 

why did she never question any of it? perhaps she trusted them too much.

 

chaewon was hoping it was all but a nightmare, she pinched herself on her side in an attempt to wake herself up. she was losing her mind, and her shuffling around the bed woke her lover up.

 

“baby you’re moving too much…” the lad groaned, scratching his eyes unaware of what his girlfriend is going through. chaewon turned her back against her boyfriend and sobbed as quiet as she can, hoping that he would just go back to sleep.

 

but despite trying to stay perfect silent, a few choked up sobs escapes from and that caught the lad’s attention.

 

“baby are you crying?” saku, despite being in a sleepy state, crawled to his lover’s side of the bed and hugged her from behind. an action that only broke her heart even more now that she knows she’s not the only one.

 

“my love, why are you crying?” upon confirming that she is indeed crying, saku tried to soothe her up by putting a hand around her neck and caressing the hairs on her nape. he knows by heart how to calm her down, and god all chaewon wants to do is scream, call him out on his affair, curse him, hit him, ask him how he could do this to her.

 

but instead of doing all that, chaewon shook her head and faced her lover. even until finding out about it, she still finds comfort in his arms. funny how he’s the reason why she’s breaking apart right now, but he’s also the one who can glue her back together.

 

“n-nothing. a nightmare is all. go back to sleep…” she mustered the biggest assuring smile she could do. but saku just wouldn’t make things easier for her, instead he cups her face and scattered soft kisses all over her face before sealing their lips.

 

“don’t you worry, i’m here. i won’t let anything bad happen to you, my love.” chaewon could only wonder how he could say that, but also shamelessly cheat behind her back. is any of his words, promises, assurances even real? maybe eunbi and saku were merely pranking her?

 

oh kim chaewon, what a fool you are.

 

and three months later she is still keeping it all in. pretending that everything’s alright, and that she’s happy but the truth is she breaks down everytime her boyfriend is away. because that means he’s with eunbi, and only god knows whether they’re really working or not.

 

as for saku, he watched the cab take off until it turns to a corner. with a smile on his lips, he walked back to his car whistling and chirping. his girlfriend stays in his mind, but the sound of his phone chiming cuts off his train of thoughts.

 

eunbi was calling him.

 

he pressed the green button and placed his phone against his ear.

 

“yeah?”

 

“it’s nearly 2pm saku. why aren’t you at work yet?” she said, tone all too demanding as if she’s the boss and he works under her, not the other way around.

 

“i had brunch with chaewon, she just got in the cab i didn’t notice the time. besides i don’t need to clock in till 3pm today, miss me much?” alarmed, eunbi’s left brow raised and the tapping of her foot grew impatient.

 

“brunch with her? that’s new.” saku chuckled from the other line as he starts his car and drive.

 

“yeah it’s been a long time since i took her out on a date.”

 

“why would you?”

 

“she’s my girlfriend eunbi, why won’t i take her out on a date?” eunbi could only scoff as she heard this. she finds it unbelievable how he could say this like he’s madly in love with the younger but also get in bed with her shamelessly.

 

“okay mr. romantic, just be quick. i assure you, you’d like what you’ll be walking in on your office.” eunbi said, sounding as seductive as possible but the sound of the lad’s laughter disappointed her.

 

“ok, so no piles of paperworks then? great!” the woman rolled her eyes on the lad’s playful remarks.

 

“i can assure you, it’s even better than that.” saku couldn’t help but look at the passenger seat, where chaewon’s coat sits. he pursed his lips together and just clicked his tongue.

 

“actually eun, you know what something came up i wouldn’t be able to go to work today.”

 

“oh?”

 

“yeah just cover for me, move all my meetings for tomorrow. thanks, you’re the best!” saku didn’t even wait for the disappointed girl’s response and just hang the phone up. he then made a u-turn and went back home, but not before stopping by the ice cream shop near their house for his lovely girlfriend.

 

meanwhile, chaewon was watching the tv in the living room when she suddenly heard the door opening and some shuffling. she was alarmed and grabbed the nearest weapon she could get her hands on, the remote.

 

staying as quiet as she could, the lass stands up and tiptoed around the living room, leaning against the wall as she waits for the, what she assumes to be a burglar to come to her view.

 

when the said ‘burglar’ walks past her, she hits the back of his head with the remote, scream

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter