the one that got away (2)

takin’ shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

‘hi pretty, so about your brother… :3’

 

chaewon’s finger hovers above the lad’s message, she’s not entirely sure how to respond to that. the incident earlier is still very confusing for her, how did he not mention he has a sister over the few weeks they’ve been talking to each other? and how was she supposed to know that he has a sister when they’ve got different surnames.

 

not only that but her own feelings are not helping her a bit. why? just why did she feel that way?

 

to clear her mind, she turned her phone off and took a really really long bath. she submerged herself in the bath tub for about forty minutes that her skin started to wrinkle.

 

just as when she was drying her hair, her phone alert chimes and just as what she had expected, it’s another message from the lad.

 

‘are you ignoring me?’

 

yes, but why is she ignoring him? he didn’t exactly do anything wrong, and he’s not obligated to tell her everything that’s going on in his life. right?

 

so with that, chaewon finally opened their chatroom and starts typing, before she could

press send, she received another message from the older.

 

‘you’re typing :)’

 

‘hi :)’

 

a picture was attached to it, it was a picture of him with her sister glaring at him from behind. she looks clearly annoyed, probably because of the embarrassing stunt that her brother pulled earlier.

 

‘i thought you were mad at me too, i could only handle one moody brat per day.’

 

‘are you calling me a moody brat, miyawaki?’

 

‘well…’

 

‘:)’

 

‘i’m kidding!!’

 

‘hey don’t leave me on read.’

 

‘heeeyyy’

 

‘come on pretty :(‘

 

‘i was messing with u :3’

 

‘ok fine ignore me then :< i’m going to play with mina. ttyl moody brat <3’

 

mina? now that’s another name he hasn’t mentioned before.

 

‘okay.’ she replied, hoping he’ll respond like how he usually does but to her disappointment he didn’t respond until two hours later.

 

‘i didn’t see your dm, sorry. i just finished playing, are you still awake?’ chaewon has a frown on her face, so he got carried away playing with that mina person.

 

good for him.

 

the fairy decided to ignore him completely for the rest of the night as payback for forgetting her completely as well and just record a song cover for tonight.

 

‘your brother says you’re still awake chaewonieee :3’

 

‘yah kim chaewon’

 

‘you’ve been ignoring me a lot lately.’

 

‘if you ignore this, it means that you like me back’

 

chaewon had never responded that quick to anyone and saku doesn’t know whether to be happy or to be offended by that because for real not even a second passed and she already replied with a hi.

 

‘ouch?’

 

‘:)’

 

‘wtvr, i’ll just have to charm you harder then. so what are u up to?’

 

‘recording, idk what to sing tho.’

 

‘you should try bambi, i think it’s going to sound really good for you’

 

chaewon’s brows raised up, she mostly sticks to ballad songs because it’s what she feels most comfortable with. but saku’s suggesting her to try a different genre, should she do it?

 

that she did, the moment she sent it to saku the lad claims he almost fainted at her angelic voice.

 

classic miyawaki.

 

but suffice to say, he is really boosting her confidence in another level. the way he just hypes her, bring her out of her comfort zones, and give honest feedbacks regarding her song covers makes her feel nice.

 

saku’s not the one to kiss either just because he likes her, he actually knows how to critic and he doesn’t hold back when he does. chaewon appreciates that the most, but apart from that, she also admires the fact that he doesn’t push himself to her.

 

she told him before that she could only offer him friendship, when he said he was fine with that she thought he will disappear the very next day, but to her surprise, he was actually true to his words.

 

her friendship was actually enough for him.

 

“this is strange, where are your boyfriend and his friends?” heejin asks while looking around, true that is weird as they usually hang out all together now with chaewon and saku’s growing relationship, or friendship is what they claim it to be.

 

chaewon doesn’t want to make a big deal out of it, they can be wherever they want to be. saku’s not her boyfriend anyway, he’s not obligated to tell her where he’ll be staying for lunch.

 

“heejin for the umpteenth time, saku is not my boyfriend.” everyone just rolls their eyes on the fairy. it’s pretty obvious that what they’re doing are way past being friends, and they praise the patience that saku has.

 

just then, yuri appears in the cafeteria running towards them with ragged breathing. she was holding unto her chest as she pants so hard they thought she’s about to faint right there.

 

“yuri what the hell? where were you and why are you panting that bad?” their hamster-like friend clutched her chest then gulps down ryujin’s whole bottle of water.

 

“hey that’s—“ ryujin was about to complain but was stopped when yuri threw the bottle at her face.

 

“s-saku, e-eunbi, seungwoo…” they couldn’t make up her words. they don’t know what she means by that.

 

“jo yuri, please for the love of god please just tell us what the hell is going on!” yuri took one big breath, and then…

 

“saku is about to fight eunbi’s new boyfriend seungwoo by the parking lot!” before she could even have another chance to breathe, she’s already being dragged by her friends to the parking lot.

 

when they got there, students were gathered around trying to see what’s going on. chaewon felt panic rush through her veins when she sees the look on saku’s face. they were screaming at each other and eunbi just stands there with her arms crossed.

 

almost unrecognizable.

 

“chaewon!” hyeju pulls her to the side.

 

“what’s going on?”

 

“we don’t know, we were just walking back when seungwoo and eunbi made a scene. they said stuff about saku, we told him to let it go but saku lost it when they said you were just his flavor of the month. do something before he lands a punch on seungwoo!” and she did, she rushed to where the japanese was standing. yehan and hyeseok were already holding both his arms but he was trying to break free.

 

then she stood in between saku and seungwoo, facing the latter. her sudden appearance surprised eunbi.

 

“i don’t know what’s going on but you two should just leave now.” chaewon says, her face shows no emotions. but her presence alone did get a reaction out of eunbi.

 

“well if it isn’t the flavor of the month. why don’t you tell my ex to leave us alone instead because it seems like he’s the one who couldn’t leave us alone. it’s been seven months and he’s still bothering me.” chaewon scoffs in disbelief, the audacity of this woman to put the blame on saku.

 

“that’s not true chaewon—“ saku was about to explain himself when the fairy raised a palm, signaling him to stop talking and he did.

 

“really? because from what i see, it’s you who couldn’t shut up about him. who started it really? aren’t you the one spreading nasty things about him around the campus? don’t think i don’t know about that, we’ve been talking for three months but not once did he ever say your name.” chaewon noticed how eunbi’s jaws and fists clenched upon mentioning that. she knew she hit her right where it hurts and the fairy couldn’t help but smirk.

 

“okay why don’t we ask everyone then?” chaewon turns around, eyes meeting with saku for a moment before she looks at their school mates.

 

“who here has heard eunbi talk about saku after their break up?” the students look at each other before slowly raising their hands. almost everyone has their hands raised.

 

“now who heard saku talk about his lovely ex after their break up.” and everyone who had their hands raised immediately put their hands down.

 

when chaewon faced eunbi again, the raven’s face was so red she’s at the verge of exploding, and that she did.

 

eunbi swung a palm to chaewon’s face to slap her, but before it could land on the fairy’s cheeks, saku held her wrist and he took a step forward as he stare straight into the raven’s eyes.

 

“you will not lay a finger on chaewon. just accept it eunbi, i’ve moved on and you should too. and as for you…” saku’s eyes finds that of eunbi’s new boyfriend.

 

“it must be unpleasant to hear eunbi say my name in the middle of huh?” everyone’s eyes who heard that grew wide, while yehan couldn’t hold his laugher and bit his shirt.

 

now that’s cruel.

 

saku didn’t let them say another word before dragging chaewon out of that mess with all their friends following suit.

 

“holy dude you did not just say that to his face!” minho grabs saku by his shoulders as they all finally let out the laugh they’ve been holding.

 

saku grins with mischief in his eyes, he knew he just won that argument and there’s no way they’ll ever mess with him again. he turns his head to look at chaewon, and upon seeing the look on her face, he frowns.

 

she doesn’t seem happy about that, it seems like it sorta bothered her. saku signaled his friends to go first, and right that instant they knew what he wanted.

 

when they were far away from them, saku taps her shoulders to snap her out of her thoughts.

 

“hey, so you’re pretty quiet after that.” chaewon shrugs and walked faster, she knew saku’s going to confront her and they’ll have to talk about what eunbi said. but the fairy doesn’t want that because she’s not sure why she also feels upset about it.

 

“nah-uh. come back here.” the japanese caught her wrist and pulled her back causing the lass the stumble upon her own feet, luckily for her, saku caught her by her waist before her face could even hit the floor.

 

he pulled her up by her waist pressed her body against his, chaewon gazed at his pretty black eyes and got lost in it while he too got lost in her own brown eyes.

 

his dark eyes are pretty, and it holds a lot of stars.

 

“that’s not true, what eunbi said.” he spoke which snapped the lass back from her trance. she gulped, while her gaze switch from his eyes to her lips a couple of times.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter