catching feelings

takin’ shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Unnie he’s going to melt if you keep looking at him like that.” Chaehyun said while popping a lollipop in , Minjeong the middle child cackled out loud as she leans further in her seat with her foot resting on the table of where they sat.

 

Chaewon rolled her eyes on her younger sisters’ remarks, blushing at the same time as she tore her gaze away from the lad that had caught her eyes the very first day she transferred to this school.

 

Just like every other teenage girl in high school, she just had to be secretly in love with the captain of the basketball team. Miyawaki Saku is the name that could make everyone squeal just by merely looking in their direction and she’s not an exemption to it.

 

However unlike everyone else whose reasons were his dashing looks (well it’s one of them) she has a completely different reason why she has feelings for this particular lad.

 

It all began when she was on her way home, she was on the bus and given the fact that it was rush hour the bus was packed. She was standing in the middle, her tiny frame being squished in order for them all to fit in this vehicle all for the sake of going home. Chaewon clutched her backpack tightly in front of her chest as she bit her lower lip, eyes watering as she felt the man behind her rubbing his crotch against her thighs.

 

She was never really the type to confront anyone if she’s uncomfortable, she usually just holds it in no matter what and today is no exemption. Despite the number of people inside this public vehicle, no one seems to notice what the man behind her is doing to her and she’s too scared to yell for help.

 

Chaewon clutched her bag even tighter when the man’s left hand went to hold her waist. She wants to cry, so so bad and she wants to ask for help but she couldn’t. She held it in for what felt like forever, until suddenly she felt the guy beside her put his arms behind her and pulled her frame in front of him. She stumbled on her own feet but luckily for her the lad was quick to support her weight.

 

Unlike earlier, she felt some sense of security with him around her. She was facing him and she looked up slightly to catch a glimpse of the man that just saved her. Unexpectedly he was also looking at her with a hint of concern in his eyes, with that he leaned closer to her ears to ask if she was okay. She nodded in response then thanked him, after getting her response he then turned to the man beside him who was acting all innocent and nonchalant.

 

“Ahjussi I have an uncle who is a cop and he’s waiting for me on the next stop, if you don’t get off right now you better be prepared to say your greetings.” The man mumbled an apology and hurriedly got off the bus, Chaewon was able to breathe in relief.

 

The lad looks down at the lass, he could still see the terrified look on her face and he cursed himself for not noticing sooner so he clenched his teeth.

 

“Sorry you had to go through that.” Chaewon opened her eyes and met his eyes, she shook her head and mumbled that it was okay and thanked him again. That’s when the lass noticed his uniform and realized that they go to the same school.

 

Though the two of them wanted to chat with the other longer, they don’t seem to know how to prolong their conversation and so they stayed silent throughout the rest of the trip until they arrived at the girl’s stop.

 

“This your stop?“ He asked and she nodded, with that the lad stood up from his seat and got off together with her. Without uttering a word, the two of them walked with the lad just following whichever direction the lass goes until they arrived at her house.

 

“This is me, I didn’t know we live in the same neighborhood.” Chaewon said trying to dissolve the awkwardness building between them.

 

“Oh no, no I don’t actually live here. My stop was the one before yours, I just walked you home.” The lass was shocked hearing this and she was about to ask him why he did that when her mom came out of the house.

 

“Chaewon? Is that your friend? What are you guys doing out there come inside hurry it’s about to rain!” Her mom yelled from the front porch, the lad looked at Chaewon first before turning to the middle aged woman.

 

“It’s okay auntie, I just walked your daughter home I have to go too.” Chaewon’s mom nodded in understanding and told them to finish up quickly with their business and went back inside. The lass scratched the back of her nape in embarrassment and struggled to say the words out.

 

“Well you should get inside, I’ll see you around school Chaewon-ssi.” He said, Chaewon pressed her lips in a thin line thanking him afterwards for the umpteenth time before walking towards the front door. But before she could, she remembered her mom saying it was going to rain soon and looking up the clouds are indeed dark and so she ran back to where the lad was as he was still waiting for her to get inside before actually leaving and searched for something in her backpack.

 

“Hmm?”

 

“It’s going to rain soon, and seeing that you aren’t wearing a backpack you don’t have an umbrella with you. Take this.” Chaewon handed him her mint green umbrella, and he chuckled. He accepted the concern and motioned for her to go, but before that she finally had the courage to ask.

 

“I didn’t catch your name, do you mind?” He raised a brow, realizing that she was right despite an hour of being next to each other they didn’t really introduce themselves. If it wasn’t for the girl’s mom he wouldn’t even know her name either.

 

“It’s Saku, Miyawaki Saku.”

 

“Alright then, see you around Saku-ssi.“

 

“Yeah, see ya.”

 

Minjeong snapped her fingers in front of the older, pulling her back from reality. The younger has a worried look on her face, she wasn’t really a fan of the lad although they are friends given that she is a part of the girl’s basketball team and their teams usually hang out after practice. She doesn’t know how or when it happened, but the next thing she knew Chaewon already likes someone and that someone is one of the most popular guys in school if not the most popular.

 

“She’s down bad.” Chaehyun commented as she finished up with her own food, Minjeong was about to say something else when she saw a certain lad walking in their direction. She sat back on her seat, eyes glued on that particular someone who was looking back at her with a teasing smile.

 

“Kim Minjeong there you are I was wondering where you ran off to after that stunt you pulled for-“

 

“Say another word and I will cut your balls off.” Saku instinctively cups his crotch, feeling the imaginary pain just by hearing the sophomore’s threats. He glared at her afterwards while she just stuck her tongue on him causing him to chuckle.

 

“Why? What did you do that you didn’t want us to know?” Chaewon asked her sister who was flustered with the sudden confrontation. Saku raised a brow hearing the eldest Kim’s question and so the teasing smile he was wearing turned even wider.

 

“Wait, don’t tell me your sisters don’t— oof!” It all happened so fast, the next thing everyone heard and saw was the captain of the basketball team curled on the table with his face all red as he whimpered in pain. Chaewon’s eyes grew wide at what her younger sister did, she just kicked the lad on the crotch.

 

Saku fell right beside her, all red and obviously in so much pain. She panicked and instinctively held the captain in her arms to soothe his cries. Everyone was shocked at what just happened and all eyes were on them.

 

“Yah Kim Minjeong are you crazy?!” Chaewon scolded her sister who only rolled her eyes, she wants to pull her ear right then and there but the wailing lad beside her prevents her from doing so. She rubbed t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter