life is miserable but i have you so it’s okay

takin’ shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

it’s three in the morning and chaewon’s sitting on her bed, with her face buried on her hands as she was forced to listen to her parents fighting in the room next to hers.

 

damn this thin ing wall. she knows that her family is falling apart, and that day is fast approaching. she’s had a whole week of sleepless nights, each night is always the same.

 

what made her night even worst is that she has no one to comfort her, as her boyfriend broke up with her three days ago.

 

‘it just wasn’t working out chae’

 

he said, chaewon doesn’t know where things went wrong between them. they were happy, very happy. did he cheat on her? no saku would never do that, he can’t even hurt a fly.

 

nothing is working out for chaewon recently, and she’s scared. really scared of what she might do because of her depression.

 

‘i ing hate you’

 

‘i wish i never met you’

 

‘if only we didn’t have chaewon to take care of, i would’ve left you years ago!’

 

‘you are the biggest mistake in my life, you ruined my life’

 

so chaewon ran away from the place she once called her safe haven, and now she lets her feet drag her to where she felt safest the most. back in saku’s arms, she just wish that the guy has even just a tiny bit of love left for her so that he’ll feel sympathetic towards her and let her spend the night next to him.

 

chaewon gripped the hem of her hoodie— her ex boyfriend’s hoodie very tight as she walks through this very dark alley. she couldn’t stand it anymore, she can’t bear to hear her parents yell loudly at each other, hear how miserable they are together, hear them say they never loved each other from the beginning and how they wished they never met each other.

 

as chaewon arrived at the guy’s apartment, she nervously pressed the doorbell and she hears someone shuffling behind the closed doors. in five seconds, her ex boyfriend’s very confused and sleepy roommate opens the door for her.

 

“oh— chaewon? what are you… nevermind, come in.” he must be wondering why she’s here, but seeing her tear stained face made him stop himself from asking further, which relieves the fairy.

 

“do you want some water or something?” yeonjun was always kind to her, although she gets teased often but he was respectful towards her and at times, he contacts her if her ex boyfriend does something he thinks she should know.

 

aside from that, yehan also takes good care of her. saku must’ve told them to treat her well, and for that she’s glad.

 

“n-no… i’m fine…” not sure yeonjun believed her or not, but she’s thankful he didn’t pry further and just nodded.

 

“alright, well saku’s asleep in his room. if you need something, you know where to find me. goodnight chae.” the pat on the head comforts her a little, she fidgets with her fingers for quite some time as she contemplates on what to do.

 

she’s here, in his apartment because this is where she feels safe as her home is currently suffocating her so much. she wouldn’t be this nervous if only they weren’t currently broken up.

 

but she has nowhere else to go, so with that chaewon gathered every bit of courage she has to walk to saku’s room. with shaking hands, she turned the knob to his room.

 

there weren’t any night lights , so the room is really dark. but she knows how to navigate through his room without bumping into anything, and when she felt her knee touch the side of his bed, she froze as her heart thump inside her chest so loudly it might wake the lad up.

 

when the bed dipped, saku opened his eyes abruptly thinking there is an intruder in his apartment. but as he turn on the lamp, he instantly recognized his ex lover and the panic subsides.

 

“oh god, it’s you. i thought someone broke in.” saku ran a hand through his hair as he sigh and massage his temples with his fingers. chaewon didn’t utter another word and instead, just held her breath as she stare at her own two hands.

 

the lad watches her do nothing, she won’t explain why she’s here, won’t look at him in the eyes, nothing. she’s just there, sitting at the edge of his bed nearly in tears.

 

but he did notice the troubled look on her face, with that, he wrapped his arms around her and pulled her on the bed. as soon as she felt his embrace, she broke down in silence.

 

saku was surprised at how quick she cried but said nothing. he just hugged her tight, knowing that this is all she needs to calm down and five minutes later she did.

 

he kissed the side of her head and played with the hairs on her nape.

 

“feeling better?” chaewon nods as she clutched his shirt tighter, wanting him closer although this is the closest they could get to each other.

 

“did you take a cab here?” the fairy shakes her head.

 

“i walked…”

 

now that upsets the lad, knowing very well that the path towards his apartment isn’t exactly the safest due to dark alleys.

 

“how many times do i have to tell you to call me? i told you it’s not safe for you to go here alone.” the way saku run his fingers

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter