even if it hurts

takin’ shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

sakura stares at her muse, eyes filled with love. she who was the muse is doing nothing out of the ordinary, yet for the former, she was as beautiful as an angel, a fairy even and the cherry blossom is satisfied with this.

 

she's satisfied so long as chaewon's happy, so long as she could see that contagious smile painted on her face that could also bring a smile to her own. they've known each other for years, and from day one sakura had already developed an attraction towards the lass.

 

from strangers, to being friends, the japanese slowly made herself an important person in the fairy's life. though when they were to be left alone, there's also a thick tension going on between them which is noticeable.

 

it's not that they're awkward or anything, no they're actually pretty close. but once it's only just the two of them, sakura panics. she doesn't know what to say or how to act because her heart wouldn't stop racing. she just couldn't calm herself down around the fairy.

 

you might think, why won't she just confess to chaewon if she likes her? well that's the problem. she can't exactly do that, why? choi yena.

 

her friend, best friend actually and not just that, she is also chaewon's girlfriend and they've been dating for seven months already. although sakura had liked the fairy long before yena did, the younger is still far more courageous than sakura ever was.

 

because sakura, she was always holding herself back, afraid that chaewon won't feel the same way about her, that she'll get rejected and soon cause their friendship to crumble. yena on the other hand, she took the risk, and she was triumphant in the end, her bravery paid off.

 

the day she heard about it, sakura was shocked and heartbroken. still, she puts up a façade and smiled, showing how genuinely happy she is for the couple despite her heart slowly breaking into pieces and the sad thing is that no one knew about it.

 

the japanese is not one to talk, given that she can't really speak korean very well and also because she's just really quiet as a person. she's afraid of letting someone know about how she feels, she prefers listening to other people's worries and problems than telling.

 

for that reason, they didn't know she was hurting every time she sees chaewon and yena together. she might look okay from the outside, but inside, her feelings are all just a mess.

 

the pain, the sadness, the depression she feels, it's all bottled up inside her and she can't do anything but keep it all to herself because that is what she's good at, faking her feelings, acting like she's alright when she's not.

 

but hey, at least chaewon's happy, at least her best friend is happy and for her, that's what really matters.

 

until that one day when yena truly messed up. a video of her kissing someone while drunk escalated in the campus, and when it reached chaewon, she was devasted. the next day, they broke up.

 

"i just want to be left alone for today." when chaewon said that, their friends fell silent. they couldn't utter a word, nor do they know what to do. it's hard when both parties are a friend, you can't choose sides.

 

so with that, the fairy left and all were exchanging glances as if asking each other what should they do. however, one lass in particular stood up and followed the other to wherever she was heading. this shocked the other ten, because it was sakura herself and from what they know, the two are not that close to begin with.

 

still they thought that it's better if one of them were to go check up on chaewon and keep her accompanied. meanwhile, up in the school rooftop, the fairy leans against the wall hugging her knees with her head buried in it as she sobbed quietly when she felt someone taking a seat next to her.

 

she stopped, waiting for the person to speak but it's been a couple of while since then but there was nothing. with that, she slowly raised her head and there she saw the cherry blossom who was already looking at her with something in her eyes.

 

"ice cream?" sakura offered and then a little cup of ice cream was then offered to the younger. chaewon stared at the japanese wearing an unreadable expression, making the latter feel uncomfortable, thinking that maybe she's being weird for doing this out of the ordinary. after all, she is probably the least person expected that would comfort her at a time like this.

 

just then, a smile crept up to the fairy's face followed by a slight nod as she took the ice cream from the older. chaewon was amused by her, she always did think that sakura doesn't pay much attention to her, but seeing that she was able to know something as simple as her favorite ice cream flavor made her think otherwise.

 

"thank you, unnie."

 

even so, her tears didn't stop from pouring. if one, the cherry blossom's presence only made her want to cry even more. seeing this, sakura pulled out a hankerchief from her pocket and held chaewon's chin which caught the latter by a surprise.

 

slowly, the grey haired girl started dabbing the hankerchief on her cheeks to wipe the tears that fell from her beautiful globular eyes and the other just lets her, until it was all dried out.

 

"you didn't deserve what she did to you." sakura utters as she locked gazes with the fairy. not knowing what to say, the latter pressed her lips in a thin line and placed the now empty cup of ice cream down before snuggling closer into the older's arms which surprised her.

 

chaewon shuts her eyes tightly, slowly relaxing into the cherry blossom's hold. meanwhile, the other was stupefied still on her place. she couldn't move a muscle or like say anything as this is probably the closest she has ever gotten with chaewon, her crush for years and her heart is beating erratically.

 

she was proud of herself earlier for not panicking, but well i guess the calm demeanor is quickly gone just like that.

 

"thank you, unnie. you are just what i needed today, so thank you really." and as chaewon said that with much sincerity, sakura began to relax as well and from that day forward, everything changed between the two.

 

from being a previously awkward pair, to an inseparable duo. their friends didn't know how that happened, but somehow it just did and thankfully it did, because now chaewon is starting to frown less and smile more.

 

however, one particular friend carefully studies her best friend's actions towards the fairy and little did they know, she was starting to pick up on things that no one else had noticed.

 

currently, the said pair are hanging out in sakura's flat. they were binge watching the series 'brooklyn nine-nine' after a week of hell in school. the younger made herself comfortable by pressing her back against the other's chest as they try to fit both their frames on the couch.

 

chortles and laughters can be heard from the two as they watched with amusement. soon, they felt their eyelids getting heavier every second due to exhaustion and with the silent agreement of finally calling it a day, chaewon turned off the tv, puts the now empty bowl of popcorns down the table and faced the older whose eyes were already close.

 

the auburn haired girl studies her face, and seeing her upclose like this, she began to realize the beauty she possesses. don't get her wrong, she thinks sakura is hella beautiful, but this is the first time she saw her like this and all she can say is, damn.

 

"staring is rude won." snapping back from her trance, chaewon saw the cherry blossom already staring back at her. she blushed as she was caught in the act and hid her face on the other's neck.

 

however, sakura held her chin and raised it up, making them lock their gazes. chaewon saw something in her eyes, the same glint she always carries everytime they hold an eye contact and as she realized what those doe eyes are holding, her heart raced.

 

"u-unnie..." she uttered as she tore her gaze. the japanese sighs, but she knew she have to do this. she have to tell chaewon because her feelings are starting to suffocate her already.

 

she can't be a coward anymore, not when she had already reached this far. three years of masking off how she truly feels is already enough, she can't take another day. with that, sakura mustered every bit of courage she has.

 

"you know how our friends have been pestering me, asking why i'm still not dating anyone?" sakura started off with that, but chaewon was still silent so she decided to continue.

 

"well funny story, it's because of this girl i met three years ago." and chaewon listened carefully. she already knew where this is heading, and right now her head is going through a lot. the cherry blossom went into details as to how the two of them first met each other.

 

she didn't state the name, but the fairy knew it was her who was the girl in sakura's story. honestly, she never expected that the older would eventually develop some feelings for her, to think that it was love at first sight too.

 

moreover, it was also due to the fact that she can't imagine them ever dating. before, she always wonder why sakura seems so distant to her, and now she understood why.

 

"that girl from three years ago stole my heart, and up until now she is still holding on to it. that girl, is you won. i have loved you ever since, and i am still in love with you up until now. i tried to get rid of it when you and yena started dating but i just... can't. now that you're hurting, i want to fix you won, please give me a chance to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter