when you fall in love

takin’ shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

to be secretly in love with your childhood friend, is one heck of a kick in the . that's how sakura knew she missed up with her life big time, because suddenly, when she woke up, chaewon wasn't just her cute yet scary childhood friend she grew up with.

 

but rather, a beautiful woman whom she had considered as her very own soulmate. who would've thought she'd eventually see the fairy in such a light, eh?

 

sakura wasn't supposed to fall for her, no, it's just not right. they are friends, and should remain as friends until the day they die. however, everytime sakura sees her, she just couldn't shrug off the feeling in her heart.

 

there are butterflies flying around in her stomach, her pupils dilate and her eyes sparkle with fireworks. even just by the thought of the short haired fairy, she could feel a burning sensation in her heart that she couldn't shrug off.

 

falling in love with kim chaewon, is both beautiful and lethal all at the same time. because along with those gratifying feelings that only the latter could cause, comes a shattered heart.

 

why so?

 

because sakura has to watch the love of her life, kim chaewon, love someone else and that someone else is none other than kim minjoo.

 

who wouldn't fall for that beautiful lass? she's not only beautiful outside, that girl also has a heart of an angel. she's not gonna lie, the first time sakura saw minjoo, she had an instant crush on her.

 

but then again of course, her love for chaewon prevails. nothing beats first love after all, if only the latter would look at her the way she looks at minjoo.

 

however, the japanese knew it was never gonna happen and she accepted that already, though it still pains her every time she thinks about it. but if that's where chaewon's happiness lies, then please by all means.

 

"kkura unnie you're spacing out again!" the short haired girl whines as she leans back on the chair, arms folded and lower lip jutting out to form a pout.

 

"sorry chae, what was it again?" the cherry blossom asked one more time as she failed to hear what was just said as she was stuck in a trance for a few moments.

 

"i said minjoo accepted my confession, we're officially dating!"

 

oh.

 

oh.

 

just like that, as if it wasn't enough, her heart shattered even more. the older's breathing hitched, she doesn't know what to say, how to react, or even what to feel.

 

should she be happy for her because her best friend, her childhood friend got the girl she fancies, or should she be heartbroken for herself.

 

at that moment, sakura's head was a mess, her heart was a mess, everything about her was a mess. as exaggerated as this may seem, but the black haired girl literally felt like her whole being had been crushed.

 

"unnie are you okay?" seeing the older's unclear reaction, chaewon began to worry because literally from her neck up to her ears, sakura was red all over.

 

as soon as she heard the younger's worried tone, the japanese snapped out of it and locked eyes with her bestfriend. it took a lot of willpower for her to do that without bursting into tears.

 

she then forced out a thin smile and slightly nodded her head yes, "i'm fine chae, it's just stress from school. anyway i need to run, i just remembered i promised to treat nako and hitomi ice cream. you know what will happen if i stood them up. i'll see you later when i got home, congratulations by the way." after saying that, the cherry blossom took off, leaving the fairy disappointed.

 

"but today was supposed to be our day..." chaewon utters lowly as she watched her best friend's frame disappearing from where she sat.

 

a few days after that and sakura was basically avoiding the fairy at all cost. like literally, avoiding her. during breaks the two friends would usually be seen bickering in their table, but now let's just say that the japanese had been making up some lame excuses for her escape.

 

first it was some study session with chaeyeon, next she claims that eunbi asked her to help with some student council thing which doesn't even make sense because she's not part of the student council, then the day after that she said she needed to teach yujin math, then it was another japanese trio thing, and just recently she said yuri asked for her exclusively to give her opinion about a song that she'll be singing.

 

even back in their apartment, somehow the older always finds a way for the two of them not to bump into each other. she'll either hang out at yena's place playing animal crossing and go home super late or pretend that she's bombarded with school works hence she can't lose even just a minute of her time.

 

and today was no different, the auburn haired girl was yet again greeted with a text from her bestfriend saying they won't be able to have go home together because yena and hyewon insisted they hang out at the arcade since tomorrow is a weekend.

 

currently, chaewon was walking home gripping the straps of her bag tightly as she wore a vexing expression. clearly she was upset about this matter, it's been six days since she delivered the news to sakura about her and minjoo dating, and it's also been that long since their 'ssamkkura time' as what they prefer to call it.

 

"that stupid cat, i'm so going to tell auntie about this." the short haired girl murmurs underneath her breath as she walks, kicking pebbles on the ground until she arrived at their unit.

 

the lass irritatedly entered the pin to their flat and upon stepping a foot inside, she wasn't engufled with the sensation that she was accustomed to. chaewon used to like the feeling she gets when coming home.

 

it just makes her feel warm and secured, but now there's something missing in it and she knows exactly what it is. chaewon won't deny the fact that she misses sakura so much, as clingy as it may seem.

 

however that's expected of her plus it's nothing surprising considering that they literally spent their whole childhood together and now there's a void in her chest which only the cherry blossom could fill.

 

the fairy's eyes landed on her roommate's door, she stared at it for a couple of seconds before heading towards it. with her hands trembling, she reaches for the knob and twisted it open, hoping to see a familiar frame only to be disappointed because as expected, there was none yet she still wished for her luck and hoped.

 

chaewon sighs and was about to close the door open when she halted from her tracks.

 

time check, 11:17 pm.

 

a certain black haired girl walks through the hallway stopping in front of her unit's door. she slowly enters the pin to it, 0801, and made her way inside.

 

as per usual, all the lights were off and she knew her roommate is already fast asleep in her room. she was thankful for that as it saved her from another encounter.

 

the lass also knew that she have some explaining to do and since tomorrow is a weekend, she can't go over it by saying another excuse or else her best friend would be suspicious about it.

 

sakura admits, she misses chaewon a lot more than what y'all think. well she's literally in love with her and she got so used to the younger's presence so now that she's literally avoiding her, it's like torture for her.

 

anyway, the cherry blossom headed inside her room. it was dark and since the latter drained herself a while ago playing games, all she wanted to do now is to catch more than twelve hours of sleep.

 

sakura went straight to the bathroom to wash up, and once she was all set, the lass wearily dropped her body on the mattress and let the comfort of her blankets hug her frame.

 

just then, the cherry blossom lets out a shriek of horror and jumped out of the bed in haste as soon as she felt a light hand going around her waist.

 

the japanese swiftly the lamp and she was able to sigh in relief when the intruder she believed was a ghost turns out to be just her best friend.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter