next 2 u (1)

takin’ shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Saku walks in the campus with a scowl on his face, nothing new with that. There was never a day where he wasn’t frowning, one might think that he’s got it tattooed on his face. Not only that, but everyone in their school knows he’s not one to mess with.

 

Whether you’re a student or a teacher, you just want to avoid bumping into him in the hallway as much as you can. Having a very powerful and rich family is a big factor in that I guess, the school administrators including the principal himself are too scared to scold the lad, how could they when in just a snap of a finger Saku’s parents might just stop putting money in their pockets.

 

Though the Miyawakis do it to donate for the betterment of the school, you know how people are nowadays. Corrupt and blinded by the sight of a couple of bills.

 

Basically he’s the king of this high school, untouchable, and everyone wants to be on his good side. He hosts the best parties and most teenagers nowadays are all just thirsty for fame. They leech off of the rich and powerful, all for a few hundred likes and followers.

 

Saku thinks they’re pathetic, but he just let them be as long as he gets to throw parties, drink to his heart’s content, and do whatever he wants whenever he wants.

 

Well, almost.

 

There's just one thing that stops him from doing whatever he wants when he wants to, or rather, someone and that someone just so happens to be the chirpiest person in school. Quite the opposite of him, isn’t that funny?

 

Saku stops in front of the lockers, behind one particular locker is a girl who’s busy shoving things in her bag to even notice another presence beside her, well to her defense the door of her locker does block her view. It was only then when she closed her lockers did she notice Saku’s presence. Poor girl, her heart nearly jumped out of her chest when she saw him standing there.

 

“You scared me!” She hit his arm lightly as she calmed herself down, he wasn’t amused by it though instead he stood still with a frown as his piercing eyes penetrate through her.

 

“You’re scowling again.” The girl slings her bag on her back then steps forward, closing in towards him. She’s wearing a silly smile before she brings her hands to his face, and with her index fingers she tugged both edges of his lips upward into a smile. She laughed lightly as she forced his lips to smile while his forehead were pinched together.

 

“Kim Chaewon stop.” He ordered but of course, she didn’t listen. If she was someone else, he would’ve been seriously pissed off already. But everyone knows, to him Kim Chaewon is not just someone else, she’s a somebody.

 

“No, not until you give me a smile. Come on, show me.” Chaewon dropped her hands to his waist, completely getting rid of the distance between them as she looks up at him with those beautiful doe eyes of hers that he could never resist.

 

He faked a cough, averting his gaze to their schoolmates who were watching them like they were watching a movie, but they quickly looked away when he glared at them one by one. Once sure that they were no longer being watched, his eyes return to hers and as per her wish, the frown on his face turned upside down.

 

Though it wasn’t really that big of a smile, Chaewon thinks it’s a progress compared to the first time they laid eyes on each other.

 

“There he is, I like you better like this.” Saku fights the urge to smile in happiness, though deep inside his heart is already flipping in delight, it’s a side of him that he’s not ready to show anyone, or to her, not yet.

 

“Okay, where’s my morning treat?” Chaewon by tilting her head as if she doesn’t know what he’s talking about. Annoyed, he clicked his tongue and the scowl is yet again back on his face. She laughed lightly at his expense before tiptoeing to kiss his cheeks.

 

Yep, his freaking cheeks. Would you believe it when someone told you that over the past three months that he’s been courting her, and a month of being an item they’ve never kissed on the lips?

 

All because Chaewon doesn’t want to. Being the person that he is, Saku was frustrated of course. When she agreed to be his girlfriend, he was over the moon because he thought that finally, finally after trying to resist his urges to grab her, hold her, and kiss her, finally he could do all those things to her whenever he felt like doing so.

 

But to his surprise, no. All Chaewon permitted him to do was to hold her hand and kiss her anywhere except for her lips. Turns out she haven’t had her first kiss yet and she wants it to be memorable to her. She wants her first kiss to be someone worth it, and Saku hasn’t proven anything to her just yet. She agreed to be his girlfriend, but to her it’s only the beginning, he still has to prove himself even more.

 

She was like, “I don’t want my first kiss to be the grumpy guy from high school!“

 

But you may be wondering, how the hell did the grumpiest guy in school end up being wrapped around the fingers of the chirpiest girl in school.

 

It all started five months ago, Chaewon was new to the school and of course being a new student she was all shy and quiet at first. She was mostly alone during lunch, eating by herself somewhere in the corner of the cafeteria.

 

She’s got no friends, really shy, which makes her an easy target for y bullies in her class because to them, she has no voice, she’s weak. She was fine with the verbal teasing at first because that she could withstand. But when the girls in her class began to intentionally bump into her to make her drop her books and physically hurt her during their gym class that’s when she started locking herself up in a cubicle during lunch, for the sole purpose of avoiding an encounter with them.

 

Until they found her in the bathroom and literally dragged her outside. The girls made a scene, they called her names, made fun of her, pulled her hair, slapped her, and they were even about to dump the leftovers from the cafeteria when they were stopped by none other than, you guessed it, Saku.

 

His eyes were literally fuming and he was even panting in rage while merely looking at the girls. The girls thought he wanted to join, he doesn’t have the cleanest record in terms of bullying as well, he’s had his own encounters with those type of things but he doesn’t beat someone up for no reason. To their surprise, he dumped the bucket of leftover foods on their heads before dragging Chaewon out of the scene.

 

Poor girl was crying and terrified as he pull her to the school’s rooftop. She dropped on her knees the minute he lets go of her hand, her knees were trembling and weak as Saku looked at her with coldness in his eyes. But five seconds later, he knelt down to her level and pulled her chin up.

 

“Stop crying.” He wiped her tears with his thumb, ceasing her sobs as he fixed her up. Saku straightened her hair with much care and he also caressed her cheeks that were red and stinging from the slaps she received.

 

Chaewon doesn’t even know who he was, but she was so grateful that she just hugged him tight and buried her head at the crook of his neck. Saku was surprised, very surprised but he didn’t say anything, instead he hugged her back and drew circles behind her back with his palm.

 

“S-sorry I just—“ The fairy was about to let him go when she came to a realization but he stopped her by tightening his hold on her.

 

“It’s okay I don’t mind. Take as much time as you need.” From that day forward, the two who had nothing in common, doesn’t even know each other at all, heck Chaewon doesn’t even know he exists until that faithful day, suddenly became… buddies?

 

Imagine how shock everyone was when Chaewon showed up in class after lunch with Saku walking with her. She was shy and her eyes were planted on the ground with no courage to look up. She thought that was the last they’ll ever see each other, but five minutes before their class ends at the very same day, he’s already standing outside her class, waiting for her so he could walk her out of the school.

 

She doesn’t know what he did, but after that no one dares to even bat an eye on her. Everyone was nice to her all of a sudden, and the girls who used to bully her were now the ones avoiding her at all cost, and at last, Chaewon was no longer alone.

 

She now has Saku, no scratch that, she is stuck with him. The first few days they were together at lunch, things were awkward between them. Saku isn’t a talkative person while Chaewon was shy, so during lunch they only talk when it’s necessary. They don’t chat about other things, they just sit there and eat together in silence until lunch ends.

 

Until one day Chaewon couldn’t stand the silence any longer, so she asked him the question that’s been bugging her ever since.

 

“Why are you here eating lunch with me? Do you not have friends too?” Saku paused midway when he was about to take a bite of his food. He put his spoon down and looked at her with unreadable eyes.

 

“Why? Do you want Mina and her friends to come at you again?” Chaewon fell silent, unable to come up with a reply to his answer as she wonder if that’s the only reason why he’s been accompanying her wherever she goes.

 

When Saku figured she wouldn’t say anything else after that he takes another spoonful of his food as he mumbled an, “I thought so.”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter