over and over (2)

takin’ shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Saku’s mother-in-law and his daughters came just when Chaewon was in the middle of her examinations. He greeted his mother-in-law with a kiss on the cheeks as he takes his daughter from her.

 

“Where is she?” Ranhee asks as she sits on the couch beside the hospital bed.

 

“She’s taking her scans.” Saku settles his daughters next to their grandmother, his eyes met the older woman, and seeing her with teary eyes made him want to cry as well. He’s been holding it in since earlier when Chaewon wakes up, and he also doesn’t want to cry in front of his kids so he bit his lower lip.

 

“She’s alright mom, she’s even joking around earlier. She just… doesn’t remember any of us right now and Eunbi doesn’t think that’ll change anytime soon…” Ranhee smiles sadly, just like him, she’s glad that at least her daughter is fine. It could’ve been worse but it’s not so that’s a relief.

 

“When can we see mommy?” Wonyoung asks as she insists on being carried by her father and so did Eunchae, she had her arms open waiting for him to take the both of them up in his arms.

 

“Later Wonnie, just a little more.” He kisses their tiny little heads and smile.

 

“But you have to behave, okay? You can’t tire your mommy, just hugs and kisses and cuddles, she can’t play with you yet.” Eunchae and Wonyoung frowns, they were very excited when they heard that they’re visiting their mom at the hospital. They still don’t know why their mom is at the hospital as Yunjin and their grandmother figured it’s Saku’s job to explain it to them.

 

“But why? I wanna play with mommy!” When Wonyoung throws a fit, so did Eunchae and soon both of them are crying as Saku shushes them.

 

Ranhee helps by separating the two and taking Eunchae and they soothe their cries by rubbing their backs.

 

“Bunny stop crying please? I need to talk to you and Eunchae about mommy’s condition.” With that, Wonyoung had calmed down and so did their youngest. He sets them back down on the couch next to their grandmother while Saku kneels in front of them.

 

He takes a deep breath, he honestly don’t know how his daughters will take this information in knowing they’re easy to upset. Of course they could always pretend that Chaewon is just fine and they’ll work on it later, but it wouldn’t be fair to the kids.

 

“Look, your mom got into an accident yesterday.” Just by that alone, the two are yet again close to crying. Thankfully, Ranhee soothes them before they could.

 

“But she’s fine, okay? Mommy’s doing great she’s really strong. But because of what happened, mommy’s memories are gone now. So when she comes in, you two will have to introduce yourselves to mommy again, okay?” They don’t understand why, but they still nodded their heads yes although they are still confused.

 

Saku was able to sigh in relief, feeling the incredible weight on his shoulders be set free as he was finally able to tell his kids. Now it’s time for him and his mother-in-law to talk, so he opens the tv and played some cartoons to distract his kids.

 

As they talk, Ranhee expresses her gratefulness to her son-in-law, knowing he never left her side. Although it’s just for one night, and she’s rest assured knowing that Chaewon’s doctors are the best of the best.

 

Just then, the door opens and at last, Chaewon enters the room in a wheel chair. She’s smiling and laughing with the nurse she’s with, and then upon seeing the figures in her room, her eyes widen in shock.

 

Seeing their mother, Wonyoung and Eunchae hid in their father’s arms as they still don’t know how to address the fairy.

 

Ranhee was the first one to walk to Chaewon’s side, helping her lay on the hospital bed. She also introduced herself to the fairy and they talked for a little bit.

 

Until Chaewon’s eyes fall on her husband’s, then her kids. Saku took that as his cue to stand up from the couch with their daughters and sat down beside her.

 

“Come say hi to your mommy.” Wonyoung was the first to do that, climbing down from her father’s lap to her mother’s arms.

 

“Hi mommy, I’m Wonnie.” Chaewon smiles sweetly at her and gave her head a soft kiss.

 

“Hi Wonnie, I’m so happy to see you.” She cups her face and gave her another kiss on the nose. Wonyoung nuzzled in her mother’s embrace, and Chaewon then looks at their youngest who’s still hiding in her father’s arms.

 

“Eunchae baby come here please.” The three year old hesitates, but when she looked up and saw her father nodding his head, she slowly opens her arms hinting that she wants to be carried by her mom. Saku placed her on Chaewon’s other arm, and with that she is now holding her two daughters in both arms.

 

To her, it’s her first time seeing the two in person but the familiarity lingers in her chest. Indeed, there’s nothing greater than a mother’s love. Her chest is feeling so warm and fuzzy just with them snuggling up beside her.

 

“My babies, oh I love you so much.” Chaewon rubs her cheeks with theirs, which caused a laugh to erupt from Saku’s lips as he finds this habit of hers really cute. It’s one of her many cute habits that he noticed back when they were just dating. Wonyoung even inherited this habit of hers.

 

“Mommy is it true that you forgot about us?” Wonyoung’s question caught her off-guard that she had to look at her husband who gave her a nod to let her know it’s okay to tell them the truth.

 

“Yes, I have no memories right now. But don’t worry, my heart never forgot about my two beautiful babies.” There were relief in their kids’ faces, Ranhee figured the family of four needed time to be with each other so she excused herself to buy some coffee.

 

“But are you okay?” She could see that their daughters are evidently worried about her. So she assured them with a smile and soft kisses on their heads.

 

“Yes, mommy’s fine. In fact I’m doing so great I think I’ll probably go home within the week.” Wonyoung and Eunchae was delighter to hear that they turned their heads to their father for confirmation. When he nods at them, they attempted to stand up and jump around the bed but was stopped with a ‘careful around mommy’ from their dad.

 

“Yey! Can we go to disneyland next week mommy?”

 

“Yeah yeah!”

 

Saku facepalmed at his daughters’ request, they’ve been asking about disneyland for a whole month now, and Chaewon wasn’t having it. They’re actually all talk, they say it’s fun and that they wanna see the princesses and that they wanna to rides when in reality, they’ll just cry after one ride and eat ice cream the whole day.

 

Pretending to be brave and then chickening out is one of the many qualities that they got from Chaewon but of course, Saku will never say that out loud.

 

Never.

 

“Nah-uh. We are not going to disneyland, don’t you dare trick your mother into agreeing you two are big cowards!” Saku took Eunchae from Chaewon and tickled their mischievous youngest who tried to avoid the tickles while bursting in laughter.

 

“Why? Why can’t we go to disneyland?” Chaewon asks with a big smile on her face as she watches her husband and youngest daughter play with each other.

 

“Because these two are all talk, trust me babe they’ll cry the minute they see a mascot a scary mascot and beg us to go home. That happened to us like five times already! We agree no disneyland until you two are brave enough.” Wonyoung stares up at her mother with a mouth with her cute little puppy eyes.

 

“Mommy I’m five now, I promise I’m brave please let’s go to disneyland.” Okay, that looks way too compelling but before she could give in, Saku covers Wonyoung’s face.

 

“No, no no no no. Don’t you dare Miyawaki Wonyoung, you throw tantrums worse than Eunchae!” Chaewon watches with amusement, Saku is very good with their kids he doesn’t look like it to be honest. She actually finds it surprising that they have two kids together because he doesn’t look like someone who’s dream is to be a father.

 

“That’s not true! Eunchae is a baby! I’m a big brave girl! Mommy tell him!” Wonyoung hugs her mother tight as she begs her to defend hee from her father’s teases.

 

“Are you really?” Chaewon raises a brow at her daughter whose frown deepens upon hearing that, Saku cackled out loud while shaking his head.

 

“Okay stop before my big baby cries.” Saku switches with Chaewon and is now holding Wonyoung in his arms while his wife has Eunchae snuggling her.

 

As Saku plays with Wonyoung, who by the way is shoving his face away because of his nonstop tease, Chaewon looks down at Eunchae who is rather calmer than Wonyoung. She noticed how the kid’s eyes look sleepy as her eyelids constantly close then opens up, as if she’s fighting her sleepiness.

 

“Hey are you sleepy?” The fairy her hair and Eunchae snuggles closer into her neck. She felt her nod and with that, she kissed her head softly and ran a hand up and down her back to soothe her.

 

Chaewon also hums a melody which caught Wonyoung’s attention. Seeing her sister taking a nap while being embraced by their mother, naturally she wanted to be hugged as well so she s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter