chaewon is a cute drunk

takin’ shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

chaewon gets drunk, she doesn’t want to stop drinking, and it’s making her partner lose his temper.

 

it was a friday night, exams are finished, it’s the beginning of spring break, everyone is having fun, drinking the night away, dancing on the dance floor, messing by the pool, the jacuzzi.

 

you know, teenagers just being teenagers. but it’s making saku sick. it’s not that he doesn’t like parties, no he loves parties. in fact, he throws one almost every saturday in his own house. it’s just that he’s not particularly fond of the host of the party.

 

well, co-host. they’re having a party at yunjin’s house, chaewon’s friend, which is practically the only reason why they came to party here in the first place. but her cousin, junkyu, is the one saku’s not really fond of.

 

junkyu is the captain of the soccer team in their school, while saku is the captain of the baseball team. you would think that sportsmanship and pride would run in their bloods, basically they’re brothers and they should have a bond with each other as they are fighting for the same school.

 

but oddly enough, the baseball team and the soccer team are like cats and dogs. they treat each other as rivals, and not brothers. it’s historic really, the rivalry was present before they even entered high school, for some odd reason it’s almost as if it’s a school prophecy that both captains of the respective teams would end up liking the same girl.

 

it’s pretty odd, but a fun coincidence. come on, it’s high school who doesn’t like drama? especially if it involves two rough boys itching to throw their fists on each other’s face.

 

so yeah, with them going to a party with junkyu as the co-host is like playing at the enemy’s home court, and saku doesn’t like that junkyu is using this as a chance to get close to chaewon.

 

not that he can’t do anything about it, he could just punch that hole in the face. easy as that, but he doesn’t make the rules this time. he was ordered to behave and not cause a scene by his girlfriend, because this is yunjin’s party, just as much as it is junkyu’s.

 

right now, saku is fetching his girlfriend a drink in the kitchen, he does so while gritting his teeth to keep some of his cool in. but when he turned around and saw junkyu behind her dancing girlfriend, attempting to lay his hands on her, that’s when he lost it.

 

he threw the red cup away and marched to where they were. before junkyu’s palm could land on the girl’s waist, saku pulled her to him and envelops her in his arms.

 

“i was gone for fifteen seconds, and you’re already making your move on her?” chaewon’s head was resting on his neck, it felt too heavy she couldn’t even tilt up to see what’s going on. she’s already nuzzled in saku’s arms, she felt comfortable but unaware of the situation. she can’t even hear her boyfriend because of the loud music ringing on her ears.

 

“i was just being friendly, what’s wrong with that?” the people around them were quick to notice the tension between the two, therefore they moved away from them just in case one throws a punch. and, well to provide a better view for the audience too of course.

 

“you smell extra nice tonight, or is that just the alcohol.” chaewon said out of nowhere and chortles, poking her boyfriend’s waist, still unaware that he is already fuming right now. 

 

“being friendly my . i leave her alone for one second and you’re already trying to take advantage of her drunken state.” junkyu’s brows raised, he finds it quite offending that saku’s suggesting that he is taking advantage of a drunk girl.

 

to him, he’s just making a casual conversation with chaewon that’s all.

 

“i swear you are so obsessed with chaewon. if you’re so confident that she loves you so ing much and wouldn’t think for a second about leaving you, why are you so cautious man? let her have fun, if she loves you she wouldn’t chea—“ and there it is. junkyu was punched, but to everyone’s surprise it wasn’t saku who threw a punch at him.

 

it was chaewon. she was already in her boyfriend’s arms though, knees week and head throbbing but she still managed to throw a solid punch.

 

“hey! don’t yell at my boyfriend!” chaewon points a finger at him. she could barely keep her eyes open, honestly she just wants to pass out but refuses to. not until junkyu shuts up.

 

“you— you’re.. how do i say… this… um… you’re ugly! and— and gross! and saku is really really pretty! like really pretty. have you seen his— his eyes? they sparkle… oh oh!! and his smile!” chaewon turns to face her lover with a beam on her face.

 

“baby quick show them your smile!” chaewon tugs both ends of his lips upwards, forcing a smile from the lad.

 

“see! his smile. i really love it when you smile. happy saku is the prettiest saku. i love it when you’re happy, i mean i love you all the time but— but when you…” the fairy pauses before she could finish her sentence. saku raises a brow, waiting for her to continue. but her next words made everyone move away and create a path for the lad.

 

“i think— i think i wanna puke.” 

 

“ooookay.” without missing a beat, the baseball team helped their captain to carry the lass to where the bathroom is. some were leading the way, making sure no one was in their path while shouting ‘move move move’.

 

when they reached the bathroom, chaewon quickly puked everything she ate and drank that night. saku was patting her back and holding her hair in a ponytail, while yujin and yehan stand behind them holding a bottle of water and a wet towel.

 

“she is so weird when she’s drunk.” yujin muttered under his breath, yehan cackled at his comment but still laughed in approval. they find the earlier scene quite amusing. who would’ve thought that chaewon would be the one to land a punch on the captain of the soccer team and not saku?

 

“she’s weird all the time, not just when she’s drunk. they’re both weird that’s why they like each other.” the two whispered to each other, snickering as they talk about the couple who were unaware of this.

 

once chaewon’s grumbling stomach has calmed down, yehan made her drink the cold water he has and right after, yujin cleans up her sweaty face. saku is thankful for the help the two were willing to offer. they’ve always been like this, always got each other’s backs.

 

“this is why hyung told you not to drink too much noona.” they helped her up, putting her on saku’s back as they head out of the party. on their way out, they bumped into yunjin who has a look of worry all over her face.

 

“oh my god, is she okay? i heard what happened, i’m really sorry about my cousin he’s an i know. but i think you guys should just stay the night here, i already prepared the guest room for you guys anyway, it’s late, everyone’s tired, you might be too tipsy drive too.” saku shook his head dismissing her apology.

 

“you shouldn’t say sorry on behalf of him. chaewon’s fine, just a little too drunk. i just took a sip that’s all, i’m well capable of driving us home.” yunjin’s worried look was then wiped off, she knew saku is a good boyfriend and would never put chaewon in danger so if he says he can drive, then he can drive.

 

“great party by the way. next time i’ll be a better guest if your cousin stops trying to make a move on my girl.” they shared a laugh then waved each other goodbye. they lay chaewon on the back seat, her head on yujin’s lap as she sleeps (yehan and yujin having a really loud argument about who will sit on the backseat with her because she might puke on them).

 

saku sighs, staring at his girlfriend one last time before kissing her knuckles.

 

“you are a pain in the kim chaewon.” he said but contrary to that he was smiling widely from ear to ear. it’s bad that chaewon got drunk, but if there’s anything that came out of this in a positive way, it’s that chaewon was too drunk that she just spat her feelings in front of everyone, and the best part? she punched junkyu.

 

he’s been itching to do that, now he doesn’t have to because his girl did it for him.

 

it was a fifteen minute drive back to their shared apartment, the drive was quiet and peaceful. probably because they all just want to pass out an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter