past strangers

takin’ shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

before you proceed this is another chapter continuing merely strangers & the mother's day special chap!! here y'all go, and there's a surprise in this chapter!

 

...

 

“Honey.” Chaewon shakes her husband’s sleeping body, but the lad was too tired. He wanted to be left alone, just for a few more hours. He badly needed it, he’s been traveling a lot because their company is expanding to other countries, and he had to be there to supervise the growth.

 

But his wife isn’t letting him sleep for any longer. Not when she has news to deliver, a very important one by the way.

 

“Honey please wake up. It’s really important.” Hearing the need in her voice, Saku finally fluttered his eyes open and saw Chaewon’s face full of anxiousness.

 

This alarmed him greatly and made him think that something bad has happened to their daughter.

 

“What?! What happened to Wonyoung?!” Saku stood up, quickly putting his boxers on and was about to storm out of the room into their daughter’s room but was stopped by his wife.

 

“It’s not about Wonyoung.” He halted from his tracks and calmed down. When the two of them locked eyes, Saku could clearly still see she’s worried about something but is too hesitant to say it.

 

“Oh, well what is it then? Something wrong with you? Are you sad? Lonely because I haven’t been home much lately? Sorry, I’ll make it up to you, I promise. What do you say the three of us go to Japan next week? Our anniversary is coming up soon anyway.” The lad pulled his wife close as he leaned hid back against the wall and kissed her neck.

 

“That’s great Saku. But it’s not about that…” His ears perked up, if it’s not any of the things he thought, then what is the matter? It’s definitely something great, because Chaewon’s face were super pale.

 

“What is it then? Love you gotta talk, I’m not a mind reader you know. What’s wrong?” Saku drew small circles on her waist, Chaewon couldn’t find the right words to say. Mainly because she’s still in shock of what she just found out.

 

The lass releases a heavy sigh and surrendered all her whole body to her husband who was supporting her. She pressed her ear against his chest, listening to his beating heart as a way to calm her as well.

 

“Chae—“ Before he could say another word, Chaewon cuts him off and delivered the news that he certainly did not expect to hear.

 

“We’re pregnant, Saku. I realized earlier that I was a few weeks late, so I checked… and it’s positive…” And just like the lass, he too turned pale. The two of them doesn’t really know what to feel about this, okay sure, a second daughter is terrific.

 

But back then, when Chaewon was pregnant with Wonyoung it was a nightmare for all of them. She suffered a lot, she had a lot of complications during her pregnancy, and she doesn’t talk about it but it was traumatizing when she was literally at the brink of death before.

 

“Oh, baby…” Not just for her, but it was also terrible for Saku. He couldn’t get a goodnight sleep after that, Chaewon was unconscious for three whole days because she lost too much blood, he was so worried he’ll lose her and be alone.

 

Since they were merely strangers back then, they didn’t talk about it so they eventually forgot, until today. The news serves them both a big reminder of that trauma, and they don’t know what to do.

 

“Come, let’s sit first.” Saku guided his wife back on their bed, he sees how terrified she is just by the look on her face. He sat her down on their bed with him as he envelops her in his arms.

 

“Okay, let’s calm down first and think this through. No need to panic over this, let’s have a doctor confirm it with us first yeah? Kits malfunction, it could be a fake positive. Let’s make sure first, I’m calling to make an appointment to the doctor later.” He kissed her temple to ease her up, Chaewon’s hands were very cold. The reminder of that traumatizing event is eating her mind up, and she doesn’t know what to think, she doesn’t know anything.

 

All she knows is that she’s scared.

 

“Listen, Chaewon… We don’t have to keep it if you don’t want to live through that again…” The lass’s head turned so fast as soon as she heard that. He’s suggesting they terminate the pregnancy?

 

“What? No, no I want to keep it!” Chaewon looked at her husband straight in the eyes and held his hand firmly, Saku was caught off-guard at that. Seeing his reaction, the younger bit her lower lip and bowed her head down.

 

“Or… do you not want that…?” The Japanese tilts his head, is she for real asking him that?

 

“Love, you’re talking nonsense. Of course I want us to keep it, it’s going to be so nice having another kid. Let’s be honest, we weren’t perfect before when we had Wonyoung. We had so much flaws, mainly because we don’t even know each other back then. Thank goodness Wonyoung turned out alright despite our flaws, if she were me I would’ve been so ed up.” Saku’s attempts to soothe her worries were successful as he heard her soft giggle, he raised her hand and placed a kiss on the back of her palm as before looking into her eyes again.

 

“This is our chance to be better parents, I will never give that up. But the decision is entirely up to you because you’re the one carrying our child, when we had Wonyoung, you went through a lot of pain physically, emotionally, and mentally. I’ll understand if you won’t want to go through that again, I really do honey. You were scarred the most out of all of us, it was hell for me when I hear you whimper in pain all the time at night but can’t do nothing about, I can’t imagine what it must be like for you. But I assure you, this time I will not fail you. I’ll always be here with you, every step of the way. Me and Wonyoung both.” Her husband, the love of her life, ever so caring. Chaewon leans closer to him and pecks his lips softly.

 

“You were always there even before then, maybe not directly, but I noticed it all before. I knew you were always there with me, you were always caressing my baby bumps when I was pregnant with Wonnie.” Saku’s eyes grew wide at the mention of that, she wasn’t supposed to know that, he made sure to get home late at night when Chaewon was already asleep so he could hug her from behind and her bumps.

 

“How did you know about that?! You’re a heavy sleeper!” The lass shrugs as she laid back down on the bed with her husband following suit.

 

“I was, until I got pregnant. I’ll be awake the second I hear you pulling up. No matter how tired you were from work, you were always there to tell her a bedtime story. Even when she was still in my womb.” Chaewon plays with the older’s hair, when she was telling her story, the smile on his face kept growing and growing.

 

Yeah looking back at it now, he couldn’t help but think how about how stupid he was before. Always hiding from Chaewon, avoiding encounters with her, he doesn’t know why he did but it seems like a good idea back then.

 

After all, he is an awkward guy. He loses all his composure whene

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter