Chaeyoung goes to Osaka

The Daily Lives of Highschool Boys

 

 

So, summer break was here and it’s not like Chaeyoung hadn’t met Sana’s parents, but this is grandma Minatozaki we are talking about. The woman meant a lot to Sana, this was the person Chaeyoung HAD to impress, and they were going to visit the woman and spend two weeks there. To say our little beast was terrified would be an understatement, but here he was, the last day of classes, mr Son had dropped his suitcase at the Minatozakis the previous evening, as he couldn’t drive his son today and mrs Son drove a smart. Seungwan had tagged along to bring his luggage to the Baes, both were leaving that evening, though Chaeyoung and the Minatozakis would be going earlier.

 

The Sons had decided to have lunch together as a farewell, so the boys got out of class early, then papa Son hugged his boys tightly as his wife called a cab, Chaeyoung had time for a quick shower before his mom drove him to his boyfriend’s place. Now, it’s not like this was the first time that Chaeyoung would be sleeping over at Sana’s house, but it was their first trip together, and mama Son was slightly worried about her kid, he was a good kid, but his nerves never failed to get the best of him. The parents had met about a week after the boys started dating, mr Son asked mama Park for the chef’s table and, when the woman understood the reason, she was so excited that she even served them herself (it caused a few problems at the kitchen, but she didn’t care).

 

The adults liked each other a lot, and both sides took the chance to learn as much as they could about each other, this trip to Japan was something the adults discussed and agreed upon before mrs Minatozaki even mentioned it to Sana. Chaeyoung was in good hands and his parents liked the idea of the boy going away and being allowed to forget he was supposed to be subject to aunt Naeun’s poison for the rest of the vacation, at least the Baes would be there too and Dahyun surely knew how and when to disappear with his best friend when needed.

 

Now, when they got to the Minatozakis, the family was already waiting for them by the front porch, the bags already on the sidewalk and waiting for the cab that would be taking them to the airport. Mrs Son parks and goes to greet everyone, then be a little melodramatic about her baby going away, to which Chaeyoung whines and everyone else laughs heartily. Chaeyoung checks if he got everything, his passport safely in his backpack and snacks ready to go, Sana finds it adorable that the smaller boy thought about snacks for everyone, unneeded, but still incredibly charming. They hadn’t told Chaeyoung they were taking the family private jet, or that they were the kind of family to own a private jet. It was Sana’s idea to keep surprising his boyfriend at each step, and everyone agreed as long as he took full responsibility.

 

The taxi arrives not too long after, one of those big ones, and they leave, mrs Son goes back home to urge Seungwan to get ready so she can take him to the Baes. She knew her kids, and her eldest was definitely stalling somewhere around the house, Seungwan was the clingy one, he would always linger and buy as much time as he could. It was sweet, but in times like these, when he should have already showered and changed to wait for his mother to pick him up. Instead, we have Son Seungwan taking a tray of fresh baked cookies out of the oven, he got stressed while waiting and started baking, sure, he made too much cookie batter and had to freeze two thirds of it, and he had cleaned up while waiting, but now he thinks he shouldn’t because he had nothing else to stall with.

 

Mrs Son arrives and marches to the kitchen, she knew something like this would happen and time was running out. Seungwan looks startled by his mother, but that doesn’t stop the woman.

 

“You. Shower. Now.” She punctuates each word firmly.

 

Seungwan looks about to protest, but his mother beats him to it.

 

“We are almost out of time, you have about twenty minutes to be ready to leave, so quick shower. Move!”

 

The boy stomps his feet a little but moves anyways. While all that was happening, Chaeyoung and the Minatozakis arrive at the airport, the younger boy starts heading to the counters, noticing he was walking alone, he turns to see mr and mrs Minatozaki looking very amused and Sana struggling to hold his giggles. The baby beast stomps towards his boyfriend, he knew he was being made fun of, just didn’t know how.

 

“What?” Chaeyoung hisses.

 

“You were walking on your own, we were wondering where you were heading.” Sana says with mirth.

 

“To check the bags? You know, like a normal person.”

 

“But we never told you how we were going?”

 

“Sana, I love you, but this is getting annoying. All the international counters are in the same area, no matter which one we are taking, they will all be in the same place.”

 

“Sacchan, enough.” Mama Minatozaki intervenes. “Chaengie, we are boarding from another gate. We are taking a private jet.”

 

At the sight of the stunned boy, the adults laugh and Sana giggles, it was such an honest surprise that they couldn’t help but find it completely endearing, and that was when they understood why Sana insisted on keeping things secret. The trip was fairly quick, their take off get delayed about five minutes, and their landing was on schedule, so no delays there, the other surprise came once the doors opened, there was an immigration agent waiting for them out there, who stamped Chaeyoung’s passport and checked the Minatozakis’, then they enter a car that had been waiting for them and they set off. Everything felt like a fever dream for Chaeyoung, just who were these people and where was the hippie family he was supposed to be travelling with?

 

The thing about the Yamaguchi estate was that it was technically Osaka, but it was so far out there that one could barely consider it still within the city. Yes, they would visit the Minatozakis later, and they definitely lived closer to civilization, but first, traditions demanded, they would be staying at the Yamaguchi estate for the first week. The further away from the city they got, the less Chaeyoung was amazed at everything, sure, he was riding a luxury car, was this a limousine, and they had flown in a private jet, but he was getting tired and the drive was long, and Sana’s grassy scent was too calming and his hug too comfortable, so the younger boy couldn’t do anything other than sleep, really.

 

Sana chuckles but holds his boyfriend tighter, they would be having a hectic arrival, it’s best if Chaeyoung gets as much rest as he can. Plus, they would have the worst day tomorrow, the entire family would be around and many introductions would be made, and a lot of ceremonies had to be performed, and it’s already draining for those used to it, Sana could only imagine how tired Chaeyoung will be by tomorrow night. Then the boy engages in some hushed conversations with his parents as they get further away from the city. Not to mention, they intended to visit Mina and Nayeon at some point, that would take at least three days, so all the ‘official’ businesses had to be taken care of right away.

 

Arriving, there was the usual line of employees waiting for them, Sana woke Chaeyoung up gently, then handed the boy a mirror, some wipes and a comb to fix himself, the younger one wondered a little, but the japanese pointed out and he saw the sheer number of people just outside and quickly moved, popping a mint strip when he was done. Sana chuckles lovingly, his parents were also endeared by the younger boy and his thoughtfulness, especially when the baby beast got his travel perfume and sprayed a little on himself, claiming he smelled sweaty already. He didn’t, but it was a nice gesture regardless. Or maybe Sana was biased, but still.

 

Mr and mrs Minatozaki are the first ones out, they take a few steps and wait for the boys, then Sana pulls Chaeyoung along and stand behind his parents, everyone who had been waiting for them bows and scream what the younger boys thinks is a greeting and keep their heads down until they pass. They go through the front gates and arrive at an old japanese mansion, one that puts those you see in movies to shame, and boy, was Chaeyoung even more mesmerized. The younger boy lets himself be guided to wherever they were heading, he was busy taking in the scenery, so busy he doesn’t even notice they’ve arrived in front of a very imponent door.

 

“Take off your shoes, love.” Sana whispers in a giggle.

 

Chaeyoung does and looks for more instructions, the japanese boy could have played around a bit more, but he knows this was absolutely not the time for jokes, so he proceeds with more information.

 

“Just stick by my side, I’ll guide you to where you should stand. Don’t do anything you are not told to do and absolutely do not speak if you are not spoken to.” The taller boy notes his boyfriend is about to protest and cuts in. “I’m serious, Chaeng, keep silent if nobody spoke to you. I’ll answer all your questions later, but do not speak unprompted here.”

 

Chaeyoung is still a little doubtful, he holds Sana’s hand regardless, when the doors open, there are more people inside, it’s a long room, definitely intimidating, any rebellious feeling our baby beast had about what Sana said vanished in an instant, at the very end of the room sat a couple. The man showed his graying hair in a dark blue kimono, his posture screamed power and his aura commanded obedience, the woman, not looking a day under thirty, was mrs Minatozaki’s more powerful version, in that way when you look at someone and is certain they could kill you in the middle of a public square and sit there laughing and nothing will happen, she had a beautiful black kimono with red flowers that complimented her white skin perfectly. 

 

Now Chaeyoung knows why Sana told him to wear his best suit, but even his best suit felt underdressing at this moment, maybe he should have rented a tux, this wasn’t that good. And these pink socks, what was he thinking, who even wears pink socks to something like this. To be fair, Sana never told him much, he should have, but didn’t.

 

“This is why I never told you much.” Sana whispers. “You look lovely, just trust me.”

 

“If you told me, I’d have bought a new and nicer suit.” Chaeyoung hisses. “And I’m wearing pink socks, there’s no way anybody here is not seeing this.”

 

“Breathe, love.” Sana squeezes the hand he was holding a little. “You are amazing and we all love you very much. Now, breathe for me, darling.”

 

Chaeyoung tries, but his breathing exercises get less effective the closer he walks to the couple waiting for them. Sana places his boyfriend just half a step behind himself and both behind his parents (mr Minatozaki was also half a step behind his wife), he pulls Chaeyoung to kneel, thankfully the boy understands and follows perfectly, then they stay in a formal bow until they are allowed to rise. All of this was just for traditions’ sake, the Yamaguchi had always put on a show whenever members of the main family arrived, and all these people in the room were here to witness it. 

 

“Welcome.” The old man spoke up.

 

That was the cue, they rose from the formal bow (you know, those ones they pretty much lay themselves on the ground) and sat on their heels. Sana brushes his hand on Chaeyoung’s arm to tell him he’s doing fine, but the action lasts just enough, not a second longer. 

 

“Sayako, my daughter, it’s good to see you are well.” Grandma Yamaguchi stands and motions for mrs Minatozaki to go to her.

 

Mama Minatozaki does as she’s told, gets up from the floor and walks to her parents, she kisses their hands and bows again, only raising her head when her mother guides her to. Chaeyoung was beginning to think he might have got himself dating the japanese mafia’s heir, nothing confirmed, but it was a gut feeling and his gut feelings were usually right. 

 

“We should eat, you all had a long journey.” Grandpa Yamaguchi declared.

 

The room clears out fairly quickly, once the head of the family decides something, nobody dares to question and immediately moves to do as told. Chaeyoung thought he should follow, but Sana senses the movement and holds his arm, pushing him back down. The younger boy looks to his left and sees his boyfriend slightly shake his head, so he stays put. Once they are left alone, the entire family’s demeanor changes, grandpa and grandma Yamaguchi look like actual grandparents and mama and papa Minatozaki are back to their usual cheery self. Sana moves to hug his grandparents, they are all very smiley, but Chaeyoung is so fearful that he holds his position and tries to move as little as possible.

 

“Sacchan, are you going to introduce us to that handsome boy over there?” Grandma asks.

 

“We were excited to meet him when you told us he was coming.” Grandpa adds.

 

“Okay, but please be calm with him, Chae has a lot of anxiety.” Sana asks reluctantly.

 

“We can see that from here, hun.” Grandma notes. “Just go get him, the poor thing hasn’t moved since you told him not to follow the others out.”

 

“Oh, you saw that.”

 

“We have been watching him since he came through the door.” Grandpa chuckles. “Just help him out over there, he’s gonna stop feeling his legs.”

 

Sana, then, moves back to where Chaeyoung was still sitting, the younger boy seemed to be already having a breakdown, he was sweating and very stiff, even flinched a little when the japanese touched him. It was always heartbreaking, to see how damaged Chaeyoung’s self was, the boy was the loveliest thing Sana had ever seen, he treated him like a king and never asked for a single thing in return. Chaeyoung relaxes a little when he feels arms around him, offering safety and comfort, then he allows himself to be guided to where grandma and grandpa Yamaguchi were waiting.

 

“Ni-ni-ni-” Chaeyoung tries, stops and takes a breath. “Ni-nice to-to mee-meet you. I’m I’m I’m Son Chae-chaeyoung.”

 

“It’s nice to meet you, Sacchan has been talking a lot about you.” Grandma Yamaguchi greets softly.

 

“I’m Yamaguchi Shinzaburou, this is my wife, Yuko.” Grandpa Yamaguchi slings an arm around the boy’s shoulder. “We are very happy to have you here, and we hope you are ready to be spoiled rotten, because we have been waiting for years for Sana to bring someone over and now we are definitely taking full advantage of it!”

 

This boss man was definitely more grandpa-er (ish?) than Chaeyoung expected, grandma Yamaguchi was also very nice, maybe this won’t be that bad afterall. Mr and mrs Minatozaki are relieved when they see the boy relax a little, but still worried about how this trip will go from here on. They, finally, move to the dining room, where the guests were already sitting and waiting for them, grandma and grandpa sit at the head of the table, mrs and mr Minatozaki to his right, Sana and Chaeyoung to his left. It’s very noisy and the little cub just entertains himself with eating, hoping he would be left alone. It’s long, but when the young couple finally find themselves alone in their bedroom, the younger boy relaxes.

 

“You wanna shower first?” Sana offers while he’s digging through his suitcase.

 

“Is there a bathtub?” Chaeyoung asks, checking if he got everything.

 

“Well, yeah.” 

 

“Can we take a bath? It would really help me relax, and you know I can’t sleep if I’m this nervous.”

 

“Sure we can.” Sana agrees promptly. “I’ll get the bath going and you find us some good music.”

 

The taller boy passes his boyfriend with a kiss on the head and heads out to fix them a nice bath, Sana felt a bit guilty for not warning his boyfriend about the formalities, or what his mother’s family was exactly, but now was already too late and he just had to roll with it. Sana comes back to Chaeyoung sitting cutely in his boxers and waiting for him, it was so cute he had to squeal and tackle the younger boy for a tight hug. They moved to the bathroom, and the japanese just HAD to make it a show of undressing himself, the smaller boy just hurried to the bathtub and hoped he could control his hormones.

 

It’s not like they hadn’t had intimate moments, they had been dating for a few months now, but Chaeyoung is extremely shy and anxious about these moments, he thought he shouldn’t let his body have the natural reactions it did, Sana had been trying to assure him it was alright, and his therapist was also working on helping him get over this blockage. Sana, on the other hand, never shied away when he got, well, , especially when he was with Chaeyoung, he wanted his boyfriend to relax with him, to show him everything because Sana would take it gladly. But this is Son Chaeyoung, it’s already great that they could share baths, the bed and change in front of each other already.

 

“What are you thinking about?” Chaeyoung asks after a small silence.

 

“You.” The japanese answers simply, hugging his boyfriend closer.

 

“Charming.” The smaller boy chuckles.

 

“I’m serious. I was thinking that I should have told you more about my mom’s family, and how we are going to go and visit Mina in three days and go through all of this theatre again.” Sana sighs. “But mostly, I was thinking about how much I love you.”

 

“I love you too, Sacchan.” Chaeyoung takes a stabilizing breath and continues. “But I’m sorry.”

 

“You have absolutely nothing to be sorry about.” A kiss on the shoulder.

 

Chaeyoung nods and there is another pause, he thinks this would be as good time as any to bring this up.

 

“Sana?”

 

“Hmmm?”

 

“Are you sure you are okay with us sharing the bed?”

 

“And why would I not be?”

 

“I mean, I may have some improper accidents and make you uncomfortable, an-”

 

“Chaengie, I want all of you.” This was one of the rare times Sana was extremely serious. “I know it’s not easy for you to just let yourself go, but I’m here, and I want to be here with you.”

 

“Okay” Chaeyoung’s voice is tiny, he knew this was the answer he was getting, but it was still a bit overwhelming to hear it.

 

The older boy decides it’s enough and moves both of them out of the shower, whenever the small cub is in one of these moods, the best thing to do was get him in comfy pajamas and cuddle until morning. Still, getting out of the bath and dressed was another challenge for the shy boy, Sana had a beautiful body and Chaeyoung was only a teenager, he couldn’t deny how attracted he was to his boyfriend. What he could do, however, was get his towel and speed walking out of there to find his boxers and hope Sana doesn’t notice (he did and loved it).