Little cub attack!

The Daily Lives of Highschool Boys

 

 

What could go wrong with a wednesday morning, right? The week has been pretty ordinary so far, nothing too exciting nor too mundane happening, everyone had their own things going on, nobody exactly free but not too busy they couldn’t take a moment for themselves either. On this fine morning, we have Son Chaeyoung a little nervous. He decided today was the day he would ask Sana out officially and nothing was stopping him. The little cub had asked the older boy to come to school earlier so they could have breakfast together and then he would ask, Seungwan had even baked them some cupcakes and some brownies.

 

“I do hope you are thinking about me.” A sultry voice whispers on the cub’s ear.

 

“I’m always thinking about you.” Chaeyoung answers with a fond smile.

 

“Charming, but I would believe you more if we were, you know, together together.”

 

“That’s the main reason I set all of that up today.” The smaller boy points at the picnic setting he prepared.

 

“Wait, what?” The japanese was certainly not expecting this.

 

“Could you, please, just humor me? I even had to beg Wan to bake for this. Can I just do it like I planned?” The pout and puppy eyes combo is deadly.

 

“Sure you can.” Sana smirks. “But I can just say yes now and we can have breakfast while stealing kisses from each other.”

 

“I like that plan a little better.”

 

“Then ask, you dofus.”

 

“Be my boyfriend?”

 

Sana pretends to think before smiling. “I was thinking more on the ‘put a ring on it’ side, but we can start with boyfriend.”

 

“What?” It was Chaeyoung’s turn to be surprised.

 

“Let’s just eat, more students will start arriving soon.” Sana steals a kiss and drags Chaeyoung to the mat. 

 

Sure, they were sitting in the teachers’ garden, and nobody would willingly come around this time in the morning, and their backpacks were already in their respective classrooms, but Chaeyoung did not want Dahyun or Yeri to see him like this. To say time flew away was an understatement, and Chaeyoung decided he needed to get a gift for his brother, those brownies were downright illegal. Sana was just happy he could kiss the little cub, finally, even the girls were getting impatient about it already.

 

Now, one would think this day would only get better, and everybody would be fairly content. One would be wrong, because while Chaeyoung and Sana are very happy and heading to the Sons house to tell mama and papa Son about the relationship (mama and papa Minatozaki wouldn’t be home until much later and they agreed to just tell them on friday), our devil’s spawn Kim Yerim is very much bored. Seulgi had football practice and then he was going to have to clean the guest room for his cousin. Saint cousin was coming to check out a few schools around the area because he was moving back to town with his parents.

 

If Yeri had anything better to do, nobody would be bothered and nobody would be out trying to murder him. Kim Yerim is known to seek trouble when it doesn’t come to him, and that’s how we have our resident little devil sending a message to a certain group chat in hopes to stir up.

 

‘Applesauce is a smoothie’

 

The message read, and he was met with everyone there ignoring it and continuing their business as if nothing happened. He tried another group, then another, and a third one after that, this time he got

 

‘So is ketchup’

 

From Mina and THEN everyone proceeded to ignore him. But Kim Yerim is not a quitter, and he will get his argument if he has to message every single contact on his phone, so be it.

 

On the sixth? seventh? group he tried, Chaeyoung promised he would break Yeri’s fingers if he saw that sentence one more time. Yeri sent him a private message with it and waited, he got his stirring up. What Yeri did not know, however, was that Chaeyoung had been hitting the gym with Sana lately, it was just an excuse to spend more time with the boy (Sana’s girls were there too, though), and got much stronger than Yeri remembered.

 

Once the door flung open, Yeri was already waiting, he was ready to take the cub on, trusting he would win as always, imagine his surprise when he found himself laying on his back in a lot of pain, having being socked on the chest with everything Chaeyoung had and was finding it hard to breathe. Our little devil could only try his best to protect his face as our cub continued whooping his , as promised. Chaeyoung did not break his fingers, however. The beating up was quick, but effective, once he was done, Chaeyoung got up and went to the kitchen to get the cool compresses from the freezer to give to his friend.

 

Yeri got into so much trouble that his dad had gone out and bought about ten of those gel compresses for the boy. Yeri would come back home bruised more often than not, and they just accepted that adapting was better than trying to stop him. Chaeyoung also got some ointment for the already purpling areas and helped Yeri tending to the bruises. One might ask, but didn’t they just fight? They did, and they are cool now. It is part of how their dynamic works. 

 

“You are stronger than I remember.” Yeri grunted as he was hoisted to his bed.

 

“I’ve been going to the gym with Sana and the girls.”

 

“If I didn’t know you are completely whipped for that japanese hippie-”

 

“That’s my boyfriend you are talking about!”

 

“Congrats, but he’s a japanese hippie.”

 

“I can’t really say no to that.”

 

“Anyways, if I didn’t know you are completely at his mercy, I’d say you two are getting it on with the girls.”

 

“Who told you we aren’t?”

 

“Like I don’t know you.”

 

“Fair.”

 

“But, hey, at least now you got your guy.”

 

“Yup, and you!” Chaeyoung threatens, getting up to leave. “Stop annoying everyone just because Seul got other things to do and not entertain your sorry .”

 

“I’m starting to think I should put some more time into club activities.”

 

“Weren’t you banned or something?”

 

“That was the fashion club, I’m in the cooking club now.”

 

“Well, then go there and do some cooking, idiot.”

 

“Will do, loser.”

 

“See you tomorrow.” Chaeyoung chuckles and leaves.

 

The cub says goodbye to mr Kim, who was sitting in the living room and pops his head in the kitchen quickly to say goodbye to mrs Kim, before heading home, he still had Sana waiting for him so they could go and talk to mama and papa Son. The japanese had been left in the care of Elkie and Shuhua, at the ice cream shop, courtesy of Son Chaeyoung himself. The girls had laughed their asses off when they saw how much Yeri was earning for some trouble, Sana was just utterly amused by everything, the japanese knew his boyfriend had a deep bond with everyone’s favorite devil, but running to his house just to beat him up over text messages was another level of friendship.

 

Mr and mrs Son were thrilled to meet Sana, constantly asking him if he was sure he wanted their youngest, which Sana would confirm over and over again that yes, he was certain, Seungwan got home and was also very happy. One thing Sana did learn that night was that the Sons were a loving family and definitely huggers, he was in heaven and had found the right one to have in his life. Everything was a little awkward when mama Son declared it was time they had the talk, Seungwan, that traitor, slipped away claiming he did not want to go through that again and wishing them luck. But, Sana also knew his parents would give them the talk too, maybe a bit more technical because, you know, scientists, and Chaeyoung will sit through it lovingly just like he was.