Mina has an accident, Nayeon is the one suffering

The Daily Lives of Highschool Boys

 

Myoui Mina, a true danseur, had spent all his life with discipline and commitment for the art. The problem with Mina, that his calm and peaceful personality hid very well, is that the boy is the sorest loser the world has seen. His family knew it, Nayeon knew it, Jihyo kind of guessed it, Tzuyu definitely knew it (he had beaten Mina a few times before), but most people would never guess it, for the sole reason that he rarely lost. Here we find Mina sulking in a hospital bed because he never learned how to lose.

 

The next and last recital of the season was about to happen and his company was holding auditions for it. Mina wanted the lead and would do anything it took to get it, he pushed too far and he was flawless until the girl who was auditioning with him missed a step, he lost his balance and they both fell. The girl got some bruises from the fall, but Mina twisted his ankle, pulled a muscle and cracked one of his foot bones (no idea which), all because he was trying to avoid falling on top of the girl and worsening her injuries.

 

With that, Myoui Mina, the promising prodigy, was out indefinitely, his mentors were devastated, both had been meaning to get him the lead. Mr Myoui was the one to come and accompany his son, mrs Myoui was in a meeting and had no way of leaving it, Kai was in another country entirely for college (he would always fly over for Mina’s first recitals). Nayeon had been called as well, mr Myoui knew the boy would like to know about it and be kept up to date, the man just told him to go directly to the house and wait for them if they weren’t back yet.

 

Luckily, Mina and his father were back at the house shortly, the man was a doctor himself, there was little reason to keep his son longer than the time needed for treatment. Mr Myoui helped his kid to the couch, making sure his leg was up and comfortable before moving to the kitchen to get some snacks ready, Nayeon was about to arrive and that one would be a handful, without trouble. They ate, called mrs Myoui to update her about what happened and were enjoying some tea when the doorbell rang followed by some wailing.

 

“Mina! Tell me you are not dying!” Nayeon wails as soon as mr Myoui opens the door for him, the man not even bothering to hide his amusement.

 

“He’s fine, Yeonnie.” Mr Myoui greets in a laugh.

 

“Hello, sir.” The distressed boy bows awkwardly. “Sorry about the screaming.”

 

“Don’t worry about it. Mina is in the living room, go on.”

 

With that, Nayeon bows again and dashes to the living room, only to wail again when he sees his boyfriend comfortably sitting on the couch, his leg propped up on the coffee table with a lot of pillows keeping him comfortable and in place. Our resident bunny falls to his knees in front of Mina and wails about him and his leg and how he wasn’t going to be able to perform. Mr Myoui tells his son he was going to his office, he gets a nod and leaves before Nayeon’s crying gives him another headache.

 

Sure, it was just a leg injury, it would be healed easily enough with just rest and some physical therapy later. But everyone who knew him, expected nothing but Nayeon overreacting and blowing everything out of proportions, not that this time Mina’s injury was to be dismissed, but still. Mina was just patiently waiting for the hysteria to wear off, there was really no way of predicting how long it would take, but once Nayeon was done, he’d be the most attentive person the world has seen, luckily it didn’t take long this time.

 

“You done?” Mina asked once the sobbing died down.

 

“I think so. How are you feeling, though?”

 

“I’m as good as possible, given my leg is useless now, and I’m definitely out of recitals for the near future.”

 

“Well, for what’s worth, you are the number one ballerino for me.”

 

“Thanks.” Mina chuckles. “And it’s called danseur.”

 

“Gesundheit.”

 

“No- You know what, you are lucky you have a pretty face.”

 

“I have a pretty everything, you just haven’t seen it yet.”

 

“Are you propositioning me, mr Im?” Mina asks, slipping into the greasiest character ever.

 

“Oh my, mr Myoui, I’m a taken man.” Nayeon plays along and gets coy.

 

“I didn’t ask if you were commited, I asked if you were propositioning me. Are you trying to act shy now, mr Im?” The danseur adds some seduction.

 

“But mr Myoui, we shouldn’t.” Our basketballer still plays the modest boy, but approaches his boyfriend anyways.

 

“We’ll be quiet, I’m sure nobody will catch us.” 

 

“If you two are done with whatever it is you are doing.” Mrs Myoui decided to intervene, she had been watching long enough and was about to start laughing. “I brought dinner, come eat whenever this roleplay of yours is over.” The woman makes to leave but remembers something. “Oh, and no canoodling in the living room, move to Mina’s room for that.”

 

The boys are mortified with the interruption, truth be told, none had thought about where they were, and Mina was just trying to get Nayeon out of his worried mindset, he knew the bunny would spiral into a not very good place if left to his own devices. Nayeon had a heart too big, and always worried about those he loves before himself, Mina learned this soon enough and made sure to always take care not to allow him go too far with it. 

 

Very embarrassed and not at all willing to face mama Myoui at the moment, the boys made their way to the dining room, Mina was managing with his crutches and Nayeon was right behind him to help whenever needed. Nayeon knew they could have just moved to Mina’s room and not face the teasing, but he also knew that Mina had to eat in order to take his medication and whatever the hospital had given him would wear off pretty soon, personal experience (a gruesome game about a year prior). 

 

Needless to say, dinner was very pleasant….. For mama and papa Myoui, that is.