Ice-cream and the gossip queen

The Daily Lives of Highschool Boys

 

Jihyo woke up very happy, he had gone and got his wax on, Dahyun went too, then they went back to the Baes’ house, had dinner and slept in each others’ arms after their routine to tease Seungwan and team up with Joohyun to get the boy to get to his chores, this time was ironing his shirt for the next day of classes. Dahyun was still holding him as he slept, but Jihyo had to make a stop at his house for his outing with Sana later, and he needed to get going if he didn’t want to be late. 

 

With much effort and a little sting on his heart, Jihyo got out of bed, got dressed and headed home, he also took the longer route and got his morning jog while he was at it. To say Mrs Park was surprised, would be putting it lightly, the poor woman let out a shriek when she saw her son, whom she was completely certain would not come home before the end of the day, making breakfast in the kitchen, looking like he was about to go in and take his shower like nothing was out of place. Mr Park came running, only to find his wife speaking in a foregin language (she wasn’t) and his son doubling over in laughter, the man put everything together and laughed as well.

 

“Okay, mom, I’m going out with Sana after school.” Jihyo spoke after he caught his breath. “We are going down to the studio, so I might come back late.”

 

“That’s fine, I’ll just take your mother out on a date, then.” Mr Park chirped. “You two will get something to eat later, right?!”

 

“Most likely. We do get very hungry.” Jihyo answered. “I should get ready, though, or I’ll be late for sure.”

 

“Alright, just don’t take too long.” Mrs Park dismisses her son.

 

The day goes by as well as it could, Dahyun did act a little suspicious, but Jihyo already knew their friends were about to follow Sana and him, most likely Minnie and her friends too (they were going for ice cream after class while waiting for Sana to do whatever he had to do). Not that people gathering to watch them was that uncommon, but the boys never failed to be amused at the people trying to be subtle while following them to the studio. Also, they all ended up sitting at the sides, in the studio and neither could really understand if their followers really thought they were being stealthy.

 

“Ji, are we meeting there?” Sana asks as soon as classes are over.

 

“Is it okay for you? Because I don’t mind coming to pick you up.”

 

“I think I’ll be fine, but I’ll tell you if anything changes.”

 

“Sounds good. I’m off to get Minnie, then.”

 

“Good luck with that one.” The japanese chuckles.

 

“I’ll need it. But you make sure you are taking care.”

 

“Will do.”

 

And then Jihyo leaves to get Minnie for their promised ice cream date. He knew the girl was relentless and this whole outing was just her way of getting information out of him, but Jihyo doesn’t mind, she’s a good girl and one of the few who never approached him nor his friends with a hidden agenda, she wanted gossip, and none of them thought they had anything too secret to keep under wraps anyways. Two classes over and our wrestler finds his girl of the day, talking to her friends and seemingly waiting for him. 

 

“Ready to go?” Jihyo asks, approaching the group.

 

“Well, aren’t you a gentleman, coming to pick me up.” 

 

“I do try my best.” Jihyo laughs.

 

“You achieve it most times.”

 

“Most? Should I start worrying?”

 

“Not that much, but surprise me with amazing ice cream and I might just tell you.” Minnie had finished fixing her things and was standing beside Jihyo by then.

 

“Well, miss Minnie.” The boy offers his arm and takes her bag. “Let me give you something to think about until you have it again.”

 

They both laugh at that, fully aware of the rumors starting to spread about this uncommon encounter. Let them all talk, maybe these new rumors will reach Jihyo’s grandfather’s ears and buy him a little peace. Unbeknownst to the pair (Jihyo really just learned to block them out), four “shadows” are about to follow them on this outing. Our usual suspects, Nayeon, Jeongyeon, Seungwan and Dahyun are following them, like they always do, and their stealth skills are -80. Minnie was thoroughly amused and noticed that Jihyo was just plain ignoring those idiots, she loved it, hadn’t had this much fun in ages, now she knows how these boys managed to gather the legion of fans they had, nor how she got those twelve threats this morning. 

 

Minnie is a little intimidated when they get in the bus and head to the nice part of downtown. Usually she’d hang around itaewon or hongdae where prices are more within her range, but Jihyo said it would be his treat and she should just worry about which flavor she was getting. They do make conversation about anything, Minnie discovers a lot about the boy and gets some information worth trading with, whilst Jihyo is just having fun with the girl looking more and more preoccupied about their destination. He had left the fact that it was his mother’s restaurant unrevealed, and had messaged her ahead of time to tell everyone there to not reveal who he is, Minnie was nice, but Jihyo wasn’t about to just tell her everything just like that.

 

Plus, it would be just a couple minutes, maybe an hour, before Sana was done and they had to part. Indeed, not much after they are finished with their ice cream, Sana messages Jihyo that hewasheading to the studio and the ice cream duo heads each their own way. Jihyo does wait for Minnie to get into her bus before heading his way, his “spies” still following him.