Why people think Jihyo and Seungwan are dating

The Daily Lives of Highschool Boys

 

Tuesday morning, classes are back, the Juniors bathroom that happened to be exactly above the headmaster’s office is closed off, said office is also mysteriously closed and the students are standing on a morning assembly with an enraged headmaster lecturing them on the proper use of school facilities. Seems like the entire bathroom was flooded and so was the office below for whatever reason that the plumbers couldn’t explain the day prior when they were called in to stop the water, at least.

 

Our boys are all standing with their classes, Seulgi had spotted his boyfriend looking particularly smug and self satisfied and just sighed. Chaeyoung was looking exactly the same a few rows later, his brother was the one sighing this time. Once the assembly was over, it had already ran over one and a half periods, everyone was just free to do whatever until the next period ran over, so we have our usual suspects doing exactly what people accuse them of dating for.

 

Jihyo and Seungwan were in the same homeroom class, together with Sana and Joohyun, but these two were also seatmates. Right now, Joohyun was busy checking his answers for the chemistry assignment with Jihyo’s, he needed to get his grades up in the subject and had realised that agreeing to enter the advanced program was a mistake too late, and that’s how we have our favorite bunny (don’t tell Nayeon) desperately trying to keep his grades from dropping and his scholarship on the table. Sana was just talking to the theatre girls who had come into their classroom for whatever reason and marched directly to him looking very determined.

 

The midget duo, however, was very much free to do as they wished, not like Joohyun could be talking about anyone’s height but he busy right now, and were huddled on their table just talking. It was very natural for them to be comfortable and close to each other, having been together since birth and all, so they were leaning into one another, shoulder to shoulder, with their pinkies intertwined, softly giggling through their hushed conversation. It was just the normal for Jihyo and Seungwan to do these things, Joohyun was never affected (yes, our boy was that confident in his relationship), and Dahyun had followed his brother’s steps a few minutes after he met Jihyo.

 

“Can you two tell us now?” Chen, a classmate asked, approaching the loving friends.

 

“Hey, Kim.” Seungwan greets, lifting his head from Jihyo’s shoulder.

 

“Tell you what, now?” Jihyo questions.

 

“That you two are together. I mean, it’s clear bu-”

 

“We are just friends, you know.” Seungwan cuts the boy. 

 

“And I don’t feel like broadcasting any relationship I may or may not have.” Jihyo adds.

 

“Not like it’s got anything to do with anyone else whatever the two of us have.” Wan finishes.

 

“Wow, no need to be rude.” Chen huffs.

 

“They are not, though?” Sana chimes in, he liked Jihyo, they were friends and he wasn’t about to let his friend be slandered like that. “If anything, you are rude for sticking your nose in their business.”

 

“And what is it to you, Minaotzaki?” The offender persists. 

 

The theatre girls who were talking to Sana and the two cheerleaders who were also part of that class were absolutely NOT about to let this loser mess with Sana and his friend, a lot of them knew Jihyo too, and they liked him, he was a polite and very nice to all who were nice to him too. It was just a bonus Jihyo and Sana were easy on the eyes as well, not to mention those developing muscles. Ehem.

 

“Just go away, Chen.” Minnie, theatre club president and a bad . There are rumors she’s an A class muay thai fighter, still not confirmed.

 

“I’m not talking to you, Mary Poppins.” Big mistake, the collective gasp should confirm it.

 

“Thank you for being a fan, but that was back in first year of middle school, kind of creepy to keep bringing it up.” Minnie slithers forward. “Now, as much as I appreciate it, I’ll appreciate even more if you just go back into whatever sewage you crawled out of.”

 

“Funny, I swear I saw you there this morning.”

 

“Not possible, I was too busy being the fabulous woman you can only dream of.” There’s a cruel glint on the girl’s eyes. “Now, run along and I promise this will end here. Keep pushing, and I’m sure Lee Soojin has a thing or two to tell everyone.”

 

At that, the boy pales, swallows dryly and scurries out of the classroom, not to be seen until classes start, and he will certainly never try and intimidate anyone ever again. You see, Minnie was not just the president of the theatre club, she was also very popular and talked to about everyone, with that, she managed to collect information on each and every person in the school. If she didn’t hear herself, she had her informants to relay their findings to her. Once she was fed up with somebody, you can be sure she will bring up everything the person wanted to bury and use it well. The only way for her to have nothing on you was to actually have done nothing out of line.

 

“Thanks Minnie.” Jihyo says as soon as Chen is out. “I’m sorry you had to step in.”

 

“Don’t worry too much, Ji. Just take me for some ice cream later and we are good.” She answers lightly, it would be an opportunity to get some good information.

 

“Definitely will!” Seungwan answers for his friend. “And you better be hungry tomorrow, because you are getting some cookies.”

 

Minnie laughs and agrees, she knew Son Seungwan to be a fantastic baker, the boy has been the star of home economics back in middle school, and his cookies were legendary among those who had tasted them. I should point out here that Minnie is one of the handful of people who knows Jihyo and Seungwan are just great friends who are too soft with each other. She does have june for when they’ll show everyone they are not together, though, and is hoping she wins, because she could really use the money.

 

“Hey, Sacchan!” Jihyo calls, having an idea.

 

“What up, Hyo?”

 

“You wanna hang out sometime? I just thought we haven’t talked in a long time.”

 

“Sure do. Are you free today? We can go do that, it’s been a while.”

 

“I’m waxing today, tomorrow?”

 

“It’s a date. Just text me after you are done with Minnie.”

 

“Thanks, Sacchan.”

 

And they finish making plans as soon as the teacher comes in, everyone in the classroom was wondering what ‘that’ was, and how could Seungwan be just laughing when Jihyo was making plans with another guy? Right in front of his salad? Weren’t the two of them together at all to begin with? No, that’s definitely not it. A few smug grins sprouted on the few who knew exactly what the two boys were setting a date for. Joohyun, the gossiper he was, couldn’t wait to pull out his phone and message their group chat about the show they are about to be gifted the following day.