Study session & Herbert

The Daily Lives of Highschool Boys

 

Adoption mornings were fun and all, but Jihyo had to work on his science club material, the first competition was right before the first fight, and neither Nayeon or Jeongyeon had been attending club meetings that much lately. That’s how we find our working duo on the way back to Jihyo’s house, Jeongyeon had demanded they start studying together and, frankly, he was right. And Jihyo’s house was not only bigger, his parents had made a small study room for them to use as they needed, it had a library table, a few bookshelves with a lot of useful material and two computers with a printer for them to use.

 

It was the obvious choice to go there, really. Tzuyu was always happy to visit Jihyo’s house, Bomb was so much fun, and he didn’t get the chance to play with the cat that often. Nayeon was spending the weekend with Mina, who tagged along and said he’d use the time to get his own homework done while he waited. Jeongyeon was already waiting for them with Dahyun, who he met on the way over and decided to drag along, good thing the pale boy managed to get his school bag before being kidnapped (Joohyun just waved from the couch, that traitor).

 

“Hey kids, hope you didn’t wait long.” Jihyo greets as he approaches with his companion.

 

Dahyun and Jeongyeon are a little stunned at first, but they waste no time in whipping out their phones and snapping away. Jihyo was still wearing his morning outfit, he never stored used clothes, and there was no point changing out of them if he was just heading home. Tzuyu was also in his uniform almost for the same reason, the fact he loved Jihyo’s shower and was meaning to take full advantage of it was not to be mentioned. But, come on, it was one of those showers that had jets from the walls too and his entire body received the warm water with a very nice pressure, one can’t blame him.

 

“Oh, Micchan, hurry!” Nayeon’s voice was heard from behind as the photoshoot continued. “Ji is looking cute and we can’t miss this.”

 

Mina, who was lagging behind a little, laughed but hurried his steps, it was a rare sight (except for Tzuyu) to have Jihyo wear oversized clothing and his glasses like that, and nobody should waste such an opportunity. The wrestler just accepted it and was striking some poses for his friends, Dahyun had already received the other photos from his tall friend and they weren’t about to share their collection just like that. So, these peasants can just get their own clicks.

 

Once Jihyo does get tired, he kicks everyone inside and goes up to take a shower himself, Tzuyu had grown tired in the first five minutes and welcomed himself to shower first. The others head to the study room, Jeongyeon and Dahyun stop by the kitchen to get water for everyone, Jeongyeon grabs some snacks for good measure, and they head up with Bomb following. The cat was the second coming of Jeongyeon, and both seemed to know it even if nobody pointed it out, and stuck together at most times. What? Both knew they needed some me time too.

 

The boys got to work, it was still too early for them to have lunch, and the competing trio wanted to get right to it. It was nice, Mina had perched himself in an armchair by the shelves, looking like an idiot while trying to balance his binder, book and the reference book he got from the shelf. Dahyun, nobody understood but worked for him so they let him be, had taken his shirt off and was laying with his stomach on the cold tiles near Mina, enough distance so when the penguin fell he wasn’t getting hit, with everything he was using scattered around him. And Tzuyu was on the opposite end of the table as the problem trio, the only one looking like a proper student to be very honest, with Bomb on his lap and the cat’s fur absentmindedly.

 

Our chemist competidors found themselves taking half of the fairly big table, sharing notes, books and comments as they brainstormed through their learning process. It was impossible to follow any line of thought whenever they got like that if you weren’t one of the three. Nayeon, surprisingly, was the one who observed the most, only giving his input when he found necessary, Jihyo was a note freak, writing down everything then proceeding to use his colored pens to connect and make sense of whatever he wrote. Jeongyeon, however, was a mumbler, he’d mumble constantly under his breath, which was really just him talking to himself, and then speak a little louder so his companions would hear once he arrived at a conclusion.

 

Lunch break only happened because Tzuyu had been sensible enough to set an alarm and make it loud enough to disrupt everyone. Jihyo and Dahyun set out to make them all something to eat, Mina volunteered himself and Nayeon to do the dishes after and that left Jeongyeon and Tzuyu to set the table and then clean it after they were done. While they were waiting, however, Nayeon and Mina went to the back for some sun and fresh air, Jeongyeon decided to follow after he was done setting the table with Tzuyu, who went to sit on the breakfast bar to observe the cooking happening.

 

Not even ten minutes later, there was a loud clash of metal, Nayeon screaming like he was dying, Jeongyeon’s ahsmatic laughter and Mina’s beautiful giggles. Obviously, the resident was up to no good and the three in the kitchen weren’t about to miss it, all already getting their phones ready to record. Nobody was surprised seeing Nayeon wrestling Herbert near the trash cans, Jihyo had honestly forgotten about him, but was glad he didn’t warn the eldest, this was prime entertainment right here. Even Bomb had abandoned his sunny corner in the living room and came to watch, and the boys could swear the cat was laughing as obnoxiously as Jeongyeon at that moment.

 

The fight went on for a little while, with Herbert properly messing up Nayeon before sauntering off somewhere. Not before flaunting his victory around and stopping to tease Bomb, who followed shortly after. The group had stopped recording once Herbert decided it was enough, Mina took his time walking over to his boyfriend, though, giving him time to sulk a little before he rubbed the utter defeat on his face a little more. People don’t really know this, but Mina is a sadistic , Nayeon was the only one able to handle his urges because the eldest took being the but of the jokes unbothered, it satisfied the need Mina had to have his partner humiliated and Nayeon didn’t mind the jokes, most of the time.

 

What people also don’t know, however, is that making fun of Nayeon was a privilege to the couple’s loved ones. If you weren’t a member of Mina’s very select group who was allowed the privilege, the quiet boy will spare no effort in thoroughly ending your life. No, Mina doesn’t get anyone killed, but with what he did, dying would have been a better out. The Myouis were that kind of family, and Mina learned the craft religiously until perfect. But these people right here were their friends, Mina loved them with all his heart and knew their loyalty lies with him, these four could make as much fun of his man as their hearts desired.

 

“How about you stop being a hot headed, sore loser and get up so Jihyo can lend you some clothes, then you’ll shower and I’ll patch you up.”

 

“I’m not a sore loser.” Nayeon pouts, it’s adorable.

 

“Sure, not up.” 

 

Mina pulls his boyfriend to his feet, Nayeon winces a little at the movement, that devil managed to draw blood, and limps back into the house. Jihyo runs down to help the injured, doing his best to keep the giggles to a minimum, Nayeon tries to hit him, but the blood on his arm had dried a little and it hurt when he moved. 

 

“Come on, Nay. Stop trying to get into more trouble.” The wrestler laughs goodnaturedly. “And I’m days away from competing, you know it’s a bad idea to get hit by me right now.”

 

Nayeon grumbles a little more, but stops trying to hit his friend, and Jihyo was right, he was always his strongest at these times, not to mention he had been increasing muscle since he was told to drop a category, just so he could bulldoze his way to interstate and make his show even more entertaining. Mina was supporting his boyfriend from the other side and just laughed quietly, the powerplay between Jihyo, Jeongyeon and Nayeon was always pleasing, even when the eldest won, their battles never failed to play into Mina’s kinks. Not that anyone would know of that (Nayeon knew but was a great actor).

 

“Right, into the shower with you, grandpa.” Jihyo guides the couple to his bathroom. “I’ll be right back with some clothes for you.”

 

“Thanks, Hyo.” Mina answers for them.

 

“Just so you know, that’s Herbert.” Jihyo offers, coming back with fresh clothes. “I think he’s having an affair with Bomb.”

 

“See, even more reason for me to teach him a lesson!” Nayeon tries.

 

The other two just laugh at that. Jihyo asks Mina to help Nayeon shower as he leaves to find some bandages and ointment, some antiseptic too, for good measure. Nayeon screamed even more when Mina started cleaning his wounds, the shower itself was quick, the hard part (for the couple, because Mina did hate seeing his boyfriend getting hurt, despite everything) was tending to the various scratches and bruises all over Nayeon’s back and arms. Jihyo helped a lot, being used to treat this kind of injury, greco-roman was much more brutal than just grappling.

 

Dahyun had recruited Tzuyu to finish their lunch while Nayeon was being taken care of, once the three came back down they ate and went back to studying, the rest of the afternoon went by rather peacefully, no more accidents, Bomb came back at some point, looking very ravished but there was a silent agreement to not acknowledge it. Around five, the group broke, each to their own destination, Dahyun invited Jihyo over to his place, to which the older boy agreed and proceeded to make an overnight bag that was completely unnecessary as both boys already had their own space in each other’s closets. 

 

Mina changed his plans and made it into a night of coddling Nayeon, who was too wounded for his liking and deserved to be pampered at all times, but especially when he was hurt. Jeongyeon and Tzuyu had received a message from papa Chou, saying he wanted to take the two of them out, they went by Jeongyeon’s to get his suit and whatever else he felt he needed to sleep over before heading to the Chou residence for what was certain to be a fancy dinner with too much food and a few digestive remedies after.