Chapter 4 Part I

Everything I needed, yet nothing I wanted

Chapter 4 Part I

I was quietly observing my kidnaper while she made us some tea. What I couldn't put into a puzzle was the way she looked and the way she acted. Her facial features were flawless, puffy cheeks, nice nose, luscious lips, perfect dark blue eyes. Her face looked innocent or at least 'normal'. That's not a face a regular kidnaper would have. Her body is a slightly bit different story. She's taller than me, but not by much. Her proportions are perfectly fine. She could be a model if ever wanted. But there's also that fitness, her body is in some impressive physical state. I think she's stronger than she looks. But that doesn't concern me yet.

About her way of behaving. That's... not understandable for me... yet. She's a mystery, but I'm willing to discover all of her secrets. Such individuals are very rare. I remember my father used to say that there were people so calm and void of emotions you would think they aren't human. He admired them, but was afraid of them sometimes. His description of such a person fitted Seulgi quite right. How'd he call them? I don't remember. But I do remember him saying that their state of mind is very close to those with OCD. The disorder of extreme perfectionism. I wonder if Seulgi has OCD or is simply different...

- Here you go. - Seulgi place a red cup filled with green tea in front of me. Then she sat the opposite of me.

- Thanks. - I said. Seulgi only nodded. She seemed to be deep in thought. Why though? I was kinda scared of starting a conversation so I waited for Seulgi to do that. It took her almost five minutes. My tea has cooled off a bit. I took sips from the cup occasionally.

- What questions do you have? - Seulgi sounded determined as if she finally solved some very hard problem inside her mind. She tried to lock our eyes again, but I avoided the contact.

- What happened to my friend? I left her in the car when I came here. - apparently, Wendy was my first priority... She would have been happy. And I would laugh my off if anyone told me I'd put that idiot's safety above mine.

- As far as I know, she's fine. I drove her home after you passed out. Since she lived with her parents, dropping her home was an easy task. I told her parents that I am your new personal driver. And also I told them that your father sends you abroad to get better education. I think your friend had most likely tried to contact you, but I turned off your phone. Don't worry, I'll give it back to you once I'm sure you deserve it. - Seulgi was talking so calm and with a steady flow. As if she has rehearsed this speech. She did not miss out on anything. I don't have anymore questions related to Wendy. That's some professional way of telling information.

- Thanks... What can I do to deserve my phone back? - I asked carefully.

- For now you can only listen, Joohyun. When the time comes I'll let you know. Don't ask me this question again. - Seulgi took a sip of her tea and locked eyes with me. Damn it! Now I can't look away. Those eyes have immense power behind them. Now I have zero intentions of asking about my phone ever again. Not that I would... Nah, who am I kidding? I most certainly would.

- Why did I pass out? - I decided to change the topic slightly.

- Because you breathed in sleeping gas that I let out when you were talking through the voice panel. Don't worry nothing toxic is left inside your body. It wouldn't poison you. It's completely safe. I don't have any intentions of killing you. Yet.

I felt a shiver run down my spine at the 'Yet' of hers. So there is a possibility of me dying. That's reassuring. What a bright future I have, huh? I tore off my eyes from my kidnaper and drowned in my own thoughts. Seulgi did not seem to mind. What kind of questions can I ask? Would Seulgi answer them all? I really want to know in what scenario I might die. But I have a feeling the answer would be the same as with my phone. And the main question is what for did my dad sell me. I need to ask that. But do I have the guts for it? Not yet...

- Don't be afraid to ask me. - Seulgi suddenly spoke up. - I consider myself a very comfortable person to talk to. I don't let emotions in the way and I don't lie. Only hide the truth. I never lie, just so you know. And I ask of you to never lie to me. Lying will have a price.

- I see. - I tried not to sound shaky and it worked. - What did my dad sell me for?

- This is a great question. But my answer can only be limited. He needed something only Gods can give. But I am no God, nor am I the opposite. I would say I'm something in between in a sense. Such a gift is priceless. It cannot be bought with money or anything like that. But it can be exchanged for something the person cherishes the most. For your father it was you. He was pretty enraged when I told him my price. But what he needed made him choose to give you up. Someday I'll let you know what it was that he acquired. Any other questions? I suggest you ask as many as you can. I won't be as talkative and open once this conversation is finished.

What I just heard made me even more confused. A gift by Gods? What? Someone between Good and Evil... What was it that father bought? What is it that makes Seulgi so special? What does father love more than me? If I was his most cherished possession, why'd he give me up? I need to be patient for now. My kidnaper made it very clear, behave and you will get rewarded with knowledge. For now I shall ask more questions...