Chapter 1

Everything I needed, yet nothing I wanted

Chapter 1 

- Hey, Rene! - someone shouted from behind me. The voice belongs to none other than Son Wendy. - Wait up!

- Why were you running and why did you yell through entire hallway? - I ask irritated. This extra attention does not please me. I've had a meeting with my family, then went to university to pick up this looser. And here we are, at a mall. She said she need to buy something, but got lost due to walking too slow. What an idiot. But she still is my idiot, so I can tolerate this. 

- Oh, come on! Don't be this annoying, y, stone-faced Ice Queen. - Wendy said with a scoff. What a pain in the ! - You know, if you weren't walking at 15 miles per hour, then I would've gotten lost! And for God's sake, you came here with me! Why did you run away? Huh? Miss Bae Irene, what the hell?

- Calm down, sweetie pie. Learn to keep up with my pace, looser. Let's go. We have other business to attend.

- Oh, yeah? And what is that?

- Well, first we need to got pick out two dresses for the gala next week. Next we gotta go some place to receive my father's order. Apparently he bought something that needs transportation, which I truly doubt. - I say with my brows furrowed and left corner of my lips twitching in irritation.

- Okay. Remind me again, why do I have to go to that gala of yours? - Wendy says with a knowing smirk plastered on her lips. Gosh, this human is driving me mad. But there's no way she gets out of this! No way!

- Because I said so. And because my parents asked you to. And because you promised you'd go. Is this enough reason for you?

- Yes, bunny. Now I remember. Now let's go but those dresses! We gotta rock that funeral of a party! - Wendy exclaimed, grabbed my hand and dragged me to the shop. Son Wendy, what are you doing to me...

 

When we walked out of the mall it was already dark. I looked at my phone and the clock was at 9pm. I guess we spent too much time shopping. Also I almost forgot about that request of my father. So now I'm driving there and Wendy is snoring in the shotgun seat. What a weakling, couldn't stay awake, could you? Nah, she's way too tired from today. 

The place didn't surprise me with it's beauty and quietness. The address speak for itself. This is a very neat and peaceful district of the city. I would most likely live here if I haven't had my penthouse and parents' house at my service. I parked my car near the gates. They were white and the fence was made of white bricks. Looked snobbish for some reason.

I ringed the bell at the voice panel. On second try, I got the reply.

- Who are you? - a deep, absolutely disinterested and emotionless voice hit my ears. It made my heart skip a bit, but only one.

- My father said that you have something for him. - I used my business tone. It sends everyone quivering and shaking in fear, it showcases my superiority. But this time around, the person didn't seem fazed at all. That's surprising to say the least.

- Many people say so. Who are you exactly? - the voice remained controlled and collected. Nothing changed.

- My name is Irene Bae and I'm here for Bae Ronald's order.

- See, this wasn't too hard, now was it? Should've said so from the beginning. If you are who you say you are, where's your composure and smart thinking. Why didn't you say exactly why you've come here at the first try? You're downgrading yourself in my eyes Miss Bae Irene. I do have your father's order ready. Please come in. I'll be waiting.