Chapter 18

Everything I needed, yet nothing I wanted

Chapter 18

(continues a day later)

Turned out Sunmi and Seulgi did some business together. So Seulgi is a businesswoman as well as a programmer and a life savior? Honestly, her job is as mystrerious as anything else about her. Sunmi isn't that secretive. Sure she got her own skelletons tucked away somewhere. But she was more open. I found out that Sunmi is 30 years old and really loves motorcycles. She's got three bikes standing in her living room just for, as she said, 'the beauty'. Her job? Well, she's some sort of a businesswoman, she did not spesify. I'm guessing she's also participating in something illegal since Kazou asked for her help. But that's none of my business. I do not have any desire to pry into her work.

However, her personal life is quite intriguing. From time to time she and Seulgi 'go out', I have no idea what that's supposed to mean. But when Sunmi mentioned that, I felt my body tense and my fists clench. I legitimately felt jealous. It was alarming. It took nearly all of my self control to regain calmness. I bet Sunmi noticed my emotional outbreak. But she did not act on it. Was it because she didn't consider me competition or was it because there was nothing to compete in? I better stop such destructive thoughts.

Anyways, Sunmi left me in her appartment once we were done talking. I had lunch and dinner without her. I have no idea when she came back, but the next morning she was in the living room wearing hi-top dark blue converse, black denim shorts and a white t-shirt tucked in. She looked so normal that for a second I doubted it was her. 

- Hey there, Irene. - Sunmi said cheerfully. Where'd her intimidation go? Seriously what is it with people that one second they make you want to crawl under the table and the next they act all innocent and bubbly?! - I have news for you. Since you do not interest me in any way, I've decided to return you to your original owner.

My breath hitched in my throat. Original owner. Does she mean Seulgi? I'm finally gonna meet her?! I feel like I'm totally scared of seeing her again after all that happened. Yet there's part of me that is filled with determination to return. There are so many things that we need to talk about and so many things to do. I want explanations and I kinda want an appology. I'd really like it if I wouldn't get kidnapped once again. It's getting exhausting.

- Let's eat and then go to the meeting place.

I was filled with hope and for some reason assumed that Sunmi would lead me to Seulgi. The happiness that surged through my body numbed any rational thought or question. I was dilirious. And later on I would have to pay for my stupid assumptions. 

After eating Sunmi put on a dark blue blazer matching her sneakers and we left the building by car this time. It was the first time that I've rode a Bentley Phantom. My father is rich enough to buy one, but he never did for some reason. Some time later I noticed that we were nearing an airport. Suddenly my awareness kicked in.

- Why are we going to the airport? - I asked obviously worried. 

- That's the place fo the meeting. - Sunmi explained and recieved a phone call. - Yes, we're on our way... In ten minutes... Yes. Goodbye.

- Who was that? - I suddenly got a very bad feeling in my gut.

- It's your owner. He's already waiting for us. Now excuse me, I have business calls. - Sunmi said and dialed someone else.

He?! No! Seulgi is not a he. Sunmi wouldn't give me back to Kazou. Then who is waiting for me? Oh, ... Don't tell me it's my father. I'm in so much trouble. I have no idea how dad would reactand behave himself around me. The memory of him kicking Sehun out is still fresh in my mind. But I wouldn't get same treatment. I'm afraid that my father would either be asking for forgiveness or something way worse than kicking out would happen to me.

The worst case scenario is that the person awaiting me is someone I don't know. And it doesn't seem like Sunmi cares for my opinion on the subject of who gets me. And why would she? It's not like I'm her responsibility. I'm some sort of a thing that was gained through bargain and will be given away through bargain as well. Nothing personal, only business. That phrase never hit so hard before.

Just as Sunmi said we reached the airport in ten minutes. As expected we weren't at the main terminal. We arrived at an angar with a private jet parked inside. The only lights were coming from the car. The place was extremely dark. Gosh, why does everything need to be so creepy? Sunmi got out and I followed. We stood in front of the car waiting for my 'owner' to appear.

- Joohyun? - the raspy manly voice called out from the dark. It was my dad. - I can't believe that you managed to get her back to me! Thank you so much, Miss Lee!

- Where's my payment, Ronald? - here goes the intimidating Sunmi. Why do I have a feeling that when she came over to Kazou's place, she knew that I was there? And she came not for the payment, but for me. I felt chills all over my back. I misjudged Lee Sunmi. She was more scheming than anyone I know. Trusting her was a big mistake. But on the other hand, I couldn't run away even if I wanted. She wouldn't let me go.

- To your right. Take off the covers. - father said. I was still trying to figure out where the voice was coming from. But I failed. It was all over the place due to echo.

- Let's see. - Sunmi walked away from me and dragged some black sheet down from a pile of something. When I saw what was hidden in there I wanted to snort so badly. There were five really beautiful motorbikes. I bet there're super expensive. - Well done, Mr Bae. I leave Irene in your possession.

Sunmi threw on the covers and told her driver to attach the moving platform to the car and move out. Once they left I was standing alone in complete darkness. Then suddenly the plane its lights. And I saw my father standing at the bottom of the trap wearing his black business suit, his face lit up with a smile and his arms crossed over his chest.

- It's been a long time, dear daughter. That scene you made at the gala is still burning in the back of my mind. Not only did that bastard kidnap you but she also made you attached! And she swore nothing would happen to you, yet here we are. You got kidnaped from her and then again by Sunmi. Some great protection the Kang promised. And where is she now? Huh?! Nowhere to be found! - my father was angry, he was throwing his arms all over the place while gesticulating along his speech. The damned tears were threatening to come out. I felt sick. Him mocking Seulgi and blaming everything on her and me unable to stand up for her made me wanna scream and kick something. I was getting angry myself. Such stable self control I have. - But worry no more. Now you're safe. I've got you. And I won't let you go. Come here, darling.

Father spread his arms in the air waiting for me to run into his accepting embrace. I believe that he really would forgive me but he wouldn't let me go. No, he'd do anything to make me stay. And it terrified me. He was ready for literally anything just so that I'd never leave his hold. I didn't want to go with him. I want to go back to Seulgi.

- Come here, Irene! - he barked and I flinched. - Right ing now!

I was scared. Yet, I wanted to laugh. A daughter scared of her own father. How ironic yet realistic. Now the desire to cry intensified. What is wrong with me?! Why can't I just stay still and show no emotion?! Why is it so freaking hard to be calm and expressionless?! Why am I so damn weak?! I need to be strong and I want to be strong! I just wish there would be someone who'd help me get there. Someone I could lean on. Someone who would lead me.

I'd never admit that I want someone's help. Even though I desperately need it. I am just too full of myself to admit to my needs. I wonder what would my life be like if I refused Seulgi's date? Would we still be together? Would anything happen like it did? Is there a chance that I could have had future with her? 

I took a step towards my father. I saw and felt my life leaking in between my fingers. Nothing could be changed, nothing will be changed. I felt defeated and devastated. I wasn't that much cherished by Seulgi. She never came. I guess I'm just a fool led by those disgusting emotions. Damn them! I wish to never feel a single thing again. The consequences are too severe. I do not think love is worth the risk anymore. I guess I am finally broken...

- Joohyun. - shivers ran down my spine. The cold yet soothing voice filled my eardrums. My mind went blank. It's not real. She couldn't be here. How desparate am I that I now hear her voice? I took one more step towards my dad. My eyes borring holes into the ground. - Stop, Joohyun.

And I did. I could never resist that voice. My heart was racing, but my face was finally void of emotions. There was nothing on my mind. And the only sound I heard was the voice. I raised my eyes and saw my paled father looking behind me as if he's just seen a ghost. In numb anticipation, I turned around. 

My world froze once again. Everything came to a halt once my eyes caught those deep ice blue eyes. Nothing mattered in that moment. I was once again drowning in them. Only the eyes. I didn't need the face nor the body. Just eyes and I knew who it was. I knew she was real. I knew that she finally came...