Chapter 25

Everything I needed, yet nothing I wanted

Chapter 25

(continues the next day)

The rest of the evening as well as the night time flew by me in seconds. I just laid there, in my bed. And did nothing but stare mindlessly into the ceiling. What was I trying to find? I have no idea. My mind was in a frenzy and my entire being was in a trance. I only came to my senses when the morning sunrays hit my unprotected eyes.

I rolled over and tried to keep my mind blank. But it didn't work. Thoughts flooded my brain and I was a goner. Well, not literally. I couldn't stand the endless list of questions running through my head, which was beginning to ache due to the lack of sleep, so I stood up and made my way to the bathroom.

Once refreshed and I paced around the room thinking of whether I shall leave this room or stay inside. In the end, I decided to leave. Who'd want to spend an entire day locked in four walls with so much things to see and discover outside?! Definitely, not me.

I wanted a breath of fresh air so I went outside. Seulgi said this estate had a wonderful garden. Why not take a look at it?

The garden was truly magical. It was full of exotic tress and and otherworldly beautiful flowers. It was so bright and colorful, I suddenly felt overwhelmed. My eyes caught a nice gazebo with white sofas inside, they looked rather comfy. I made my way there and plopped down releasing a very heavy sigh. Finally, I can relax. The weather was perfect, no wind, no clouds on the flawlessly blue sky and the sun shinning brightly but not yet in its full power. This moment was one of the most peaceful in my life. There was just something so hypnotizing about it. I wonder if Seulgi feels the same way whenever she visit the garden.

But, fortunately or unfortunately, my peace didn't last long. I was interrupted, by a voice that caused goosebumps all over my body.

- Good morning, Irene. - Taeyeon said and took a seat on the opposite sofa. - Lovely place, isn't it?

- It is. - I said rather relaxed whereas my whole body was stiff. Taeyeon's presence made me wary and cautious.

- My wife created this garden. She handpicked all the needed seeds and workers. As a result we all got to see this heavenly place. Needless to say, she loves the garden more than anything at the estate. Give her the freedom and she'd spend every second of every day in here. But she doesn't have that freedom. Not that she's a prisoner. But when you're related to me, free time and carelessness isn't something you're allowed to have.

- Why? - Taeyeon looked at me and smiled slightly.

- What do you think, does an Empress have time to spend days inside a garden, completely cut off from her duties?

- I guess not. - Silly me, this was such an obvious answer.

- Don't worry. I've asked myself that question quite a few times. But if Tiffany didn't have free time, the garden would not exist. We all need some sacred place to relax and find peace at. I'm grateful to my wife for creating this. - Just now Taeyeon showed a very sweet side of hers. I could see, feel and hear just how much love, adoration and admiration this woman holds for her wife. It's truly remarkable.

- What about Seulgi? - I suddenly blurted out.

- What about her? - Taeyeon raised a brow at me.

- What role does she have? - I am rather curious about this one. Taeyeon looked to the right staring intently at the bush of white flowers.

- Seulgi is many things. She doesn't really fit any role. But if I had to put a name to it... Seulgi is a misconception.

- Misconception? - I looked at Taeyeon quizzically. My wariness slowly leaving me and my curiosity getting out.

- Yes. Though, she is not a defect of a system. She's rather someone who plays within and outside of it. Seulgi doesn't fit any role that the system sets, that's why she's able to move in and out of it so freely. Seulgi is out of the concept.

- But if she's out of one concept doesn't necessarily mean that she's not inside another.

- Indeed. - Taeyeon's eyes flashed with something I can't really explain. - Seulgi is a misconception to my world. But to her world, she would be a normal occurrence.

- What world does she live in then?

- How could I tell if I'm foreign to it? - Taeyeon smirked lightly. - That is for you to figure out. I already have one world at my feet. I don't need another.

- Why not?

- I'm not greedy for power. High status comes with extreme responsibilities. Trust me, I have more than enough things to be responsible for. - Taeyeon's smirk got wider. She's definitely enjoying our exchange. - There is a lot of powerful people in this world. And very few of them take responsibility for their actions. I despise those who don't.

Taeyeon is certainly a very interesting character. A drug lord with moral principles who also happens to be a 'beginning' of Seulgi's. Well, I guess you won't reach the top unless you're complicated. Else, your secrets will be known, your weaknesses will be spread and your entire being will be destroyed. Not a bright perspective.

- Is Seulgi back? - I asked just to break the silence.

- I suppose. - Taeyeon's eyes were staring off into space. I guess this is who Seulgi got that weird habit from.

- What happened last night? - this question made Taeyeon look my way.

- Work. - was the only thing she said. I was about to ask her to elaborate when she cut me off. - Ask Seulgi.

- What do you think about secrets? - I asked out of nowhere.

- They are supposed to stay secret, of course.

- That's not what I meant. Let's say, there's a person whom you want to trust. So you start telling them things you would never have told. But you want that person to be a part of your life, to become your companion, someone you can rely on. Would you tell them everything in one go or would you give away bits by bits?

- Hmm... - Taeyeon thought for a moment before replying. - Depends on the amount of secrets I have. If there's too much, I'd go the long way. If there isn't much, I'd reveal it at once. Sometimes, it's not always a secret that you keep hiding. It might be something the other person is not yet ready to hear or understand. So you lead them forward, prepare for the information you're about to drop on them. And once they are ready, you give it to them. I believe there's right time for everything. The key to knowledge is patience.

- Patience, huh... - I smiled to myself. - Well, thank you for the talk. I think I should go.

- You're free to leave. - Taeyeon nodded. - If you ever get bored, I'm open for a talk. Enjoy the rest of your day.

With that I stood up and walked away. Taeyeon is intriguing to say the least. I sincerely hope this wasn't the last time we see each other. But now, I need to fin Seulgi. We need to talk. And my brain is boiling up with excitement. I also wonder about her last words... They still make me shiver.

I returned to the bedroom. And while closing the door, my tormentor found me first. 

- How was your sleep? - Seulgi whispered so intimately close to my ear. How'd she get behind my back without any sound?!

- I thought of you. - I decided to be bold. Oh, help me Lord.

- Can't say I slept, but my mind was occupied with similar thoughts. - Seulgi's arms s around my waist. I held in a gasp. Oh my God, the tone of her voice! Such y whispers should be illegal. - I can feel your heartbeat through your back.

My heart was racing like crazy. What else was it supposed to do when Kang Seulgi was pressing up against me? From behind?!

- As much as I'm enjoying this little exchange, we need to talk. - Seulgi smoothly turned my body around and trapped me between her arms on each side of my head. - Though on second thought, it can wait.

Seulgi leaned in and captured my lips in a passionate kiss. I'm overheating. My hands quickly found their way around Seulgi's nape pulling her in. I kissed back with as much passion and need I could master. Considering the pent up emotions since last night, I had a lot of frustration stored inside. Suddenly, Seulgi pulled away. I wanted to bring her to me, but she pressed her fingers to my lips. My heart almost bursted through my chest.

- No. - Seulgi whispered pulling even further away. - We need to talk.

Seulgi walked away and sat down on the sofa, staring at me. Me? I was leaning against the door trying to catch my breath and calm my frantically beating heart. Finally, pulling myself together, I sat down in front of Seulgi. The sofas at this estate are really wonderful. They are so soft, it's ridiculous.

- We are leaving the estate.

- Why? - I didn't expect such a sudden leave.

- Things happened. I don't want you to become a part of the upcoming storm.

- What things? - Why am I acting up? Why don't I just agree with Seulgi? Why am I asking these questions? Am I feeling sympathetic towards Taeyeon and Tiffany? Is this why I'm so on edge right now? I think this is it. Today's talk with Taeyeon really did something to my brain. I don't know if it's a good change or not, yet.

- You talked, didn't you? - Seulgi asked with no expression on her face. And her voice sounded too monotonous.

- Yes. - I decided to play tough. Maybe I should show my temper from time to time. - What happened?

- Taeyeon is a dangerous person to be around.

- And you're not? - damn, what is going on with me? Why am I being so protective of Taeyeon?

- I can be even more. - Seulgi said with a dark undertone. Okay, I better gather myself up or else Seulgi is gonna show me a side I don't wish to face.

- I'm sorry.

Seulgi just stared at me, saying nothing. Damn... I messed up, didn't I? Seulgi stood up and walked towards the nightstand. She opened a drawer and took out something. Then she came to me and stared me down. I broke the eye contact, but Seulgi bend forward and moved my chin up with her hand. Our eyes connected again. I swear, I'm about to drown in guilt. Seulgi didn't say anything, but I feel like I did something horrible. I feel guilty. I can't look her in the eyes, I'll cry. Gosh, I 'm still such a weakling.

- Take this. - Seulgi brought her other hand from behind her back. My eyes went wide. That a gun. - Take it.

Not wanting to disappoint Seulgi any further, I took the gun and my my hand stand still. I can't show weakness or else I'm out. I don't want to lose. I'm stronger than this.

- We are staying. - Seulgi straightened up. Her eyes still boring into mine. I'm going to regret this. I can already feel it. - Don't blame yourself, Joohyun. Taeyeon has her effects. I don't blame you. But I think it's time I stop hiding you from the world I live in. I can't protect you forever. I think you're ready to see things.

- I'm sorry. - I'm still feeling guilty.

- And I forgive you. - Seulgi made me look up. - You're not a disappointment. It's me who made a mistake. And now we both will have to pay the price.

- What's about to happen? - I asked my voice almost breaking.

- A fight for power.

 

 

A/N:

Hey there! I finally decide to update. Well... More like my mind finally finalized its messy thoughts. There are things I'd like to brag about. I've seen authors do these things and I wanna try. Also, I don't have anyone to talk to so... Yeah, you'd have to witness me blabbering. 

Well, first of all, I want to comment on Irene's scandal. I don't think anyone has a right judge her, nor the woman who made the accusation. We don't know what happened. We don't know what was said. Yes, Irene might've said things, but how do we know that the other woman didn't say things as well? For all we know, that stylist could've just say mean things to Irene first and then record Irene retaliating. But then comes the question of 'where is the recording?'. If there was any evidence that Irene really said offensive things, I'd agree that she's at fault. But we got no proof that she did wrong. I don't blame anyone here. Bad days happen with anyone. Whether it was Irene's fault or not, I don't know. So my opinion is that things shouldn't have gotten that out of hand. And I don't quite get why the stylist made this thing an online problem. Why not solve it without damaging the idol's life if she just wanted an apology as she stated in her post? Just go to Sm say that you have a recording and want an apology. Or ask for it right after Irene said the supposedly 'mean' words. What absolutely killed me, is how other idols got pulled into the scandal, Blackpink girls, a woman who had the same name 'Irene'... It's really a shame.

Next, I wanna freak out about my absolute male idol bias, Lee Taemin. During my absence he had two incredible comeback and I loved the heck out of them both! Taemin is a legend, I love him so much!!! IDEA is stuck in my head since it's release. skjdksjdksjdk
And the album is really good. My favorite b-side from NGDA Act 2 would be Identity.
The song he did with Wendy, asldsjdslskjdlksjdjss. Two angels blessing my ears!! skjdksjdfkj
Wendy got a feature, I hope she's doing well. She looked beautiful at the season's greetings. And sh also released an OST, my ears were cleansed.

Next! My girls Mamamoo and Twice and Gfriend and Blackpink and Dreamcatcher had comebacks too! sjfdhskjfhsdjf Every single one made me die, OMG...
Mago makes me feel happy and bubbly.
AYA is badass af, it's still wrecking me. My bias Moonbyul really shot me through the heart, aya....
Can't Stop Me is a bop!!! I love it a whole freaking lot. Btw, my bias is dubu tofu oH wOw Hi BonJuRuuUu -> Dahyun
BP... Wow!!! The girls really did a splendid job on The Album. You Never Know has been on repeat every single day! And the amount of content they gave! The Netflix documentary! And now an online concert on 27th of December, which I'm too broke to attend T_T
Boca is a beautiful song, love it ^_^

And finally, I want to freak out about BTS. Dynamite and Life Goes On are such beautiful masterworks! Chef's kiss each! And they also got nominated for a Grammy, skjfdkhkjfjdldfkdfdkj
I really wish for BTS to win that Grammy. *fingers crossed*

Okay, this is the end of my bragging. I promise to update next week! Thank you for bearing with me and waiting for my super slow updates ^_^ I... uh... PURPLE YOU <3