Chapter 22 Part I

Everything I needed, yet nothing I wanted

Chapter 22 Part I

(flash forward to next week)

After spending that day with me, Seulgi once again disappeared. I don't have any idea about what she does during her absence. I, for one, am completely lost. I'm getting tired of being babysitted by Sooyoung. And I'm getting tired of being left behind. Why can't Seulgi take me with her? Or at least tell me about her... trips? I don't even know what to call them!

Anyways. As promised this week Seulgi is taking me to see my brother. My mind has been on a rampage ever since I knew he was alive. Everything envolving Seulgi in it is absolutely mysterious. How the hell could my brother be alive? And how the hell is Seulgi the only one who knows of his existence? Is she holding him captive? No, that's rather absurd. Considering who Seulgi is, well what I guess she is, she wouldn't force anyone to stay with her. Seulgi has enough mind power to persuade whoever into whatever she needs to. And that's scary.

Seulgi is scary as a whole. Though that is one of the main things I find attractive about her. I just can't seem to resist the temptation of associating myself with the darkness that Seulgi emits. A rather conflicting and confusing feeling to be honest. But I am used to it. I take that such a feeling is pretty normal around the Kang. Unless she let you in on her secrets deep enough to understand at least what is going on on the surface. I'm not even thinking of what happens on the inside. Though that is the most intriguing part. And also the toughest.

Sometimes I wonder if I'd ever get the chance to see what is on the inside of the great and powerful Kang Seulgi. But then I remember why I am here. And I remember promises and bets. And the game I agreed to play. Once I return to the roots of my current state, I know for sure that I'll find the key to the mystery of my captor. However, I don't think Seulgi deserves that title. She isn't holding me captive. So I'd say she is some sort of a master. I think that title fits her perfectly. Master Kang Seulgi.

Sorry, got lost in my thoughts. So where was I? Oh yes, my brother. As I said, Seulgi found the time to return 'home' and take me from there. I finally got to be in her company since last week. And was very content with that. But even during the time of our trip, Seulgi wasn't talkative and didn't pay much attention to me. I wondered if it was because she didn't want to disturb me or because she dared me to disturb her. Doesn't matter, I didn't do anything. Just sat there in silence. I'm learning to love the peace and quiet too much to consider myself normal. The amount of isolation I get is really big. 

But it's not a bad thing. Oh no, it's good. It helps me sort my feelings and thoughts out. Nothing else helps better then being alone with no one to interrupt your mind processes. 

After a long car ride, we finally reached a private airport. It only had one lane. Both for take off and landing. Considering the amount of private jet owners, they don't need that many lanes as a normal airport. Seulgi and I boarded a pitch black business jet, Sooyoung came a little later with two black cases. Like those where big people have their money. I bet there is a hell lot of bills in those two cases.

Why does Seulgi need it? Or is it Sooyoung's business? No, it's gotta be Seulgi's as well. She wouldn't let Sooyoung drag herself into trouble. Another question that is gonna torment me during the flight. Why the hell did Soo bring two money-filled cases? Probably, I won't find the answer.

The atmosphere on the plane was awfully quiet and charged. It's as if everyone knew of something troubling except for me. But seeing the concentrated expression on Seulgi's face while she typed whatever on her laptop made me shut my mouth, sit back and relax. Relaxing wasn't really easy. But somehow I managed to fall asleep and woke up when we already landed.

It was night time wherever we were. Nothing was seen except for the landing lane, the plane and an angar lit by a few light posts. Oh and let's not forget the white Audi R1 with completely tinted windows. I got the entire backseat for myself. Seulgi occupied the shotgun and Sooyoung was the driver. I said a small prayer in hopes of not getting into another car chase. And we left the airport. 

The last car ride of the day was very nice. The atmosphere finally relaxed and both my fellows at the front eased up. Their mood swings have a mind of its own, for real. We arrived at some private estate. How did I know that? We passed some really fancy gates and drove through a handmade garden for about ten minutes before stopping at the gigantic mansion. I even thought that we were visiting a really important official or royalty of some country.  

I did not get the pleasure of knowing the owner because Seulgi pretty quickly brought me to our quarters and any thought of meeting the host left my head. Seulgi told me to get some sleep and that tomorrow is gonna be a hard day. So I laid in bed and tried falling asleep when suddenly I felt something rather cold pressing against my back. That was Seulgi snuggling close. She then snacked her arms over my waist and put her head really close to my neck. Each time she breathed out I had shivers running down my spine. 

- Irene, sleep. - Seulgi rasped out and I couldn't believe my ears. I have not heard such a voice from Seulgi. I have to admit that it was extremely pleasant. And it was that kind of voice you'd never disobey. So, me being the good girl that I thought I am, closed my eyes and fell into dreamland. 

Next day was surely full of surprises. Seulgi woke me up at noon. That's super late, if you're wondering. Normally we wake up at nine or ten. Then after doing my daily routine, Seulgi told be to get dressed for a meeting. We were gonna have one of those fancy breakfasts that you see in movies within royal families. I got kinda nervous about it. And felt very self conscious, such important people were gonna have breakfast with me. At the moment I forgot that I attended such meetings with my dad, mom and brother before.

Seulgi and Sooyoung met in the hallway on the way to the dining hall. Sooyoung dressed up like never before. She wore a really expensive tight fitting dress that showcased all her body curves. If any men were there they'd be drooling like never before. Sooyoung looked stunning.

Seulgi wore black slacks with same colored oxfords. Then she also had a black button up shirt with dark blue blazer on top. That blazer had some very beautiful ornaments all over itself. I gotta say it suited Seulgi perfectly. 

As for me. I got a white gown with black high heels and that's it. My outfit was simple. But Seulgi said that it showcased me in the best light. And that the hosts would get what kind of person I am and the significance of my presence would be immediately noted. Seulgi also said that white is my color since I am not as tainted as the people I am gonna be sharing the table with, including herself and Sooyoung. That statement took me aback. For I expected myself to be far from innocent. I guess Seulgi has different standards on purity. Something I am yet to understand.

 

We reached a really massive dark wooden door so clean and neat that in sparkled in the morning sunlight. A butler opened it for us and loudly announced our arrival: "Kang Seulgi, Park Sooyoung and Irene have graced us with their presence!" 

I had to hold myself from getting flustered at the introduction. Why did he announce me as Irene though? Seulgi and Sooyoung were fully named. There must have been a reason. Another secret to add in my never ending list of questions.

As the door closed, I took in the picture before me. One ethereally beautiful lady in a strict black dress with a very low back cut was standing at the head of the table. Near her was sitting another woman in ocean blue shirt. Her face looked rather childish, but those eyes... They held so much deepness that I dared not look into them. I assumed that the woman sitting at the head of the table is the owner of this estate. However I couldn't quite pin point who was the gorgeous lady beside her. Neither could I state her status. But I had a hunch that she was the partner of the sitting blonde.

Seulgi shared a nod with the two ladies and proceeded to sit at the end of the table. Exactly opposite to the owner. Sooyoung sat to the right from Seulgi and I sat to the left. I didn't know what to do. Everyone was communicating in silence! What was I supposed to do?! Follow Seulgi's lead as always. Well, seems like the only option, doesn't it?

In a matter of seconds some staff rushed into the room and served breakfast. It was nothing special. Normal oatmeal porridge but with a fruit salad applied. And each person got a cup of tea. I noticed that Seulgi's tea was red. Mine and Sooyoung's were plain black. I don't know about the hostesses. They are too far away to see. 

- Bon Apetite. - the blonde woman broke the chilly silence. 

- You too. - Seulgi returned with a slight nod.

 

And so a very intriguing and important breakfast kicked off its story time.