Chapter 3

Everything I needed, yet nothing I wanted

Chapter 3

I woke up feeling pretty good actually. Nothing hurt, except for my stomach. I am hungry as hell. I remember what happened. Everything is engraved into my memory. Aren't I supposed to feel something? Like being scared or freak out... I probably should. But I feel weird. Being so done with my life has made me quite careless about whatever happens. I'm wondering if this new one is gonna be torturous or not. Will it be better than what I had? Also I guess my father is the main reason behind this kidnaping. I wonder what was it that made him want to throw me away. To reject me. To give me away. I shall ask my kidnaper, she might know.

Finally I take a look around. My room is very spacious, quite as the one at my home. There's a white furry carpet in the middle, a table with a chair near the window. A huge bookshelf filled with books. And a white wardrobe. The floor is dark wooden and walls are white bricks. Very esthetic, I like the feel of it. My kidnaper sure has some taste for beauty and style. And some love for the white color. But remembering the other day, she wore a yellow shirt with jeans and yellow socks on. So maybe that color is one of her favorites too. Pretty ironic for a person who kidnaps others.

First thing I did, was move the curtains and look out the window. The view wasn't surprising. I'm still at the same house. How long was I knocked out? Do I have my phone? I patted my jeans - nothing. What was I expecting anyway? My kidnaper must be smart enough to take away my phone. 

Second thing was me looking through my new wardrobe. And it was very pleasant! It had various types of clothes. Even some for a fancy party. Speaking of fancy parties... I had a gala coming up! And Wendy? I left her sleeping in a car! What happened to her? I hope nothing bad. Even if sometimes I hate her, I still love her. She's my best friend after all. Now I'm starting to panic. I guess I care about that idiot more than expected. 

I need to talk to this Seulgi and figure out some things. I go to the door and try turning the doorknob. Surprisingly it was opened. I slipped out and walked down the hallway. My room was at the very end of it, so I only had one direction to follow. Soon enough I was walking downstairs. Now I know I live on second floor. Why do I need that info? Nevermind...

I enter the living room. It's empty. There's an arc leading to the entrance room and another one leading to the kitchen. I decided to go to the entrance, that seemed like the most logical thing to do. Just as I walked through the arc, that unwavering voice filled my ears and made my senses go numb once again.

- I see you woke up. How was your sleep? - Seulgi did not sound angry. Just as emotionless as ever. Why is she like that? Isn't she supposed to be mad at me for trying to kinda run away? I don't get this lady at all.

- It was fine... I guess...

- Hmm... Accepted. Where were you heading just a moment ago? - this time I felt something change in that tone of hers. Can't quite put a finger on it.

- I was looking for you.- my brain blurted out an excuse faster than I thought about it. - I have questions.

- Hmm... You deserve answers. I am very well pleased at you being so collected and calm. I hate when people go nuts over things they obviously can't change. And I hate seeing people cry, makes them look like weaklings. Weaklings won't be able to survive near me. Say Joohyun, are you a weakling? - again our eyes locked in a deathly stare down.

- I am not. - I said firmly. Seulgi seemed to have known the answer. She simply nodded as acceptance.

- That is good. I am glad. You said you have questions. I believe I can answer them. Let's go to the kitchen. You must be hungry.

 

And so we went... I was feeling anxious... What kind of answers will I get?