Chapter 17

Everything I needed, yet nothing I wanted

Chapter 17

(continues ten minutes later)

I was seated on a one-person sofa in the living room. The night view of the city consumed my eyes and my mind. The only thought circulating my head was who could have come that made both Kazou and Kage so uptight and tense. Kazou took his seat on one of the two couches surrouding a glass table. Kage went to bring the guest here. I'm feeling rather thankful to whoever has come at the moment. Because they saved me from being devoured by my captor. And another thing that kept nagging me was, why am I here? Why didn't Kazou hide me?

Then I heared the clicking of heels and the living room was overwhelmed with the presence of an extremely tall woman with incredibly beatiful features and perfect long black hair. She wore a black tight-fitting Japaneese styled dress with red flowers. Kage was same height as this woman in heels. Wow! The woman caught Kazou with her eyes and headed to the couches breifly glancing at me. 

- Sunmi. - Kazou stood up and politely bowed.

- Kazou. - Sunmi returned the gesture. 

- Please, take a seat. - Kazou motioned at the opposite couch as he sat down. The lady sat down and crossed her legs. She was radiating with power, grace and outmost confidence. I'd say she was quite intimidating. Kinda reminds me of someone... - What's the reason for your visit, Miss Lee?

Straightforward much? He didn't even offer a cup of tea or cofee. Must really not be able to stand this woman's presence. Poor Kazou. I'm acting so y. But it feels great to mock my enemy. So childish, but so satisfying.

- I'm here to get the payment for my work, Kazou. Or are you gonna make me leave with nothing again? If you do there will be consequences that I'm sure you do not wish to have. So? - the woman stared fiercely at Kazou. The old man was trying hard to remain his composure. Is the payment high?

- Sunmi, we already talked about it. I cannot give it to you. - Kazou sounded rather relaxed for someone who's refusing to pay for the hire.

- Kazou. Is it really that hard to give up your ty brother for all the hard work my people had to do in order to help you with your ridiculous searches? - Miss Lee didn't back down. She's handling the situation quite well.

- Sunmi, I won't do it. That's final.- Kazou said through gritted teeth. - Ask for something else.

- That's really bad, Kazou. You not fulfilling your part of the deal is unacceptable disrespect. - Sunmi blew invisible dust off her perfect bloody red nails. - Then, whatever I say now, you'll give me. With no exception. Right?

- Yes. - Kazou nodded. - Anything but my brother. 

- Deal. - Sunmi said and got lost in her thoughts for a bit. Then her eyes settled back on Kazou's and I saw him shiver. Who is this woman?! - I want that girl.

The woman pointed her finger at me while staring Kazou dead in the eyes. Me?! Holy hell, why does everybody want me?! Seriously?! Now I'm gonna get sold for the second time! Kidnapped twice and sold also twice. Just great! Where did I sign up for this kind of life? Can I sign out? I let out a tired sigh and looked over at Kazou who had a rather perplexed expression on his face.

- Why would you want her? - Kazou asked clearly not liking the way of payment. - She's just a girl. What kind of significance does she hold to you? 

- She doesn't seem like your type of woman. Meaning she's here for some other reason. And if you didn't want to lose her, you would've hidden her. So that also means that you are either trying to get rid of her or simply do not care about her future whatsoever. Aren't I right? - Sunmi said it as if that's the most normal and regular conversation, like she's giving Kazou a list of groceries. 

- I guess. - Kazou tore his eyes off of me. - You can take her, she no longer is of any importance to me.

- Sweet. - the woman stood up and walked over to me. I was rooted in my sofa, unable to move. And what would I do if I could move? It's not like I could run away or do something useful. - You, come with me.

And with that she turned around and walked towards the exit. I was feeling baffled and kinda lost, but once I caught wary eyes of Kazou that really wanted nothing to do with me anymore, I quickly stood up and followed my new 'owner'. Kage looked me over with the look that said 'we are not done yet'. What a creep. 

Anyways, we got into the elevator and went up. Why up? I was clueless. However when we got to the rooftop, it finally clicked. Sunmi came here on a freaking helicopter. She motioned for me to get inside the vehicle and waited for Kage to bid his goodbye. Done with him, she graciously climbed in and told the pilot to take off. 

The ride was dead silent. I was feeling numb. No thoughts in my head, no hectic ideas or useless predictions. I felt as if I didn't care for what was to happen to me. I didn't care who was the woman beside me. I didn't care where we were flying. I was simply waiting for whatever was coming. It's not like I could prevent anything from happening. Although, I could try to jump out the helicopter and die. But that's not something I'm capable of.

We landed on top of yet another skyscraper. It was shorter than Kazou's. But more elegant. If a building can be considered elegant, of course. Sunmi told me to follow her and I did. We went down in an elevator entering the woman's penthouse. These rich people, Jeez. Though my father is also filthy rich, he didn't live in a penthouse. Probably because he wanted his family somewhere more comfy than the top of a super long glass box.

Sunmi seated me on a couch, similar to those she shared with Kazou, and plopped down onto the opposite one. She relaxed into the furniture and quietly observed me and my appearance. I studied her back, it gave her amusement. This woman is weird. Why are all the women in my life weird? Wendy is weird, Seulgi is weird, Sunmi is weird, my girl friends in school were also weird and my mom ain't a typical housewife. And I can't quite say that I aren't weird myself. I guess it all depends on the way you define weird. Because for each one of us 'weird' means different things.

- What is your name? - Sunmi's luscious voice broke my trance. When did her tone change from cold and business to gentle and alluring?

- Irene. - I said, the woman raised her brow at me. - Bae.

- So, Irene Bae... - Sunmi took another good look at me before continuing. - What in the world were you doing in Kazou's penthouse?

- I was sort of kidnapped? - I said unsure if she'd take the reason.

- Hm... Okay. - Sunmi nodded thoughtfully. - Why were you kidnapped?

- It was to... um... - am I allowed to tell Sunmi about Seulgi? - Kazou and I had some past.

- Past? Considering the way he gave you up, your future must've been rather unworthy. - Sunmi didn't trust me at that one. Don't blame her, she was right at some point. It wasn't the reason why I was kidnapped.

- He wanted something from my... - who is Seulgi to me? - friend... That's why he took me away. 

- Kazou doesn't need to do such things in order to get what he wants. Unless your friend is someone not under the old man's influence. Who is your friend? - the way Sunmi was getting information out of me was even scarier than Kazou's. It's like I couldn't say no to her. That tone of hers made me wanna do whatever she asked.

- Her name's Seulgi. - I said keeping the last name to myself. Sunmi stilled for a moment and stared at me with newfound interest.

- You were kidnapped from Seulgi? - Sunki carefully asked. I nodded feeling nervous as to why did she suddenly showcase such interest in the topic. Does she by any chance know Seulgi? - As in the Kang Seulgi? That adorable yet intimidating genius?