Chapter 2

Everything I needed, yet nothing I wanted

Chapter 2

(continuing at where we left off)

...This person has intrigued me. I was getting rather excited. Being so confident yet not arrogant is a very good quality to have. What a tough cookie this person must be. I walked into the house. It was minimalistic but very attractive to look at. Fits with the image of this stranger I have built in my head. 

From around the corner comes out a woman. Probably my age. Incredibly y, yet fluffy??? She's confusing to say the least. Was she the one on the voice panel? Things have just gotten better!

- Hello there. - I smirked at the woman. She simply ignored it. Wow! - Can I have the order?

- Yes you can. But before I must reclaim the payment. - she said and looked me dead in the eyes. I swear, the world has stopped spinning for me. Those eyes captivated me, I couldn't look away. And I didn't want to! But I noticed something extremely unsettling deep inside those orbs. Something terrifying, something I should run away from. But I was still frozen and unable to move. My mind was screaming "Run!", but I ignored it. How silly of me... how incredible stupid...

- What is it? Dad did not mention any payment. - I said with the most serious tone I could master at the moment.

- I see. - the stranger's eyes have sparkled with something sinful. - That was cruel of him. But I guess he was cruel already by agreeing to my terms. This might play out well for me. It's a good thing, he told you nothing. I'll tell him nothing too... My name is Seulgi. - the stranger introduced herself. That voice so melodious and malicious, so captivating and addicting. She locked our eyes again and I felt a shiver run down my spine in primal fear. - Bae Irene, you are now mine.

The next thing I knew was darkness consuming my mind. Nothingness creeping its way inside my head. All memories and questions faded away. I felt blank. But then, even feeling left me. I became nothing. And I don't know what happened next.

 

~~ Flashback ~~
 
- I want something from you that you cherish above all else. Do you have anything in mind?
 
- You are monstrous! How dare you put such price on this deal?!
 
- Don't let the rage guide you, Mr. Bae. It won't lead you to your goal. If anything, it only keeps it farther away. I know what you want, I can give it to you. But everything has a price. So how desperate are you?
 
- You can't take her away! It's unfair! I can give you money, connections, positions, anything you want!!! Why do you choose her of all things?! What did she do to deserve this?!
 
- You are being irrational, Mr. Bae. I need your answer in less than a minute and then I'm walking out of this door and you never see me again. Your time is ticking, Mr. Bae.
 
- Why are you doing this to me?! Why?! Don't ignore me, you bastard! Answer me, damn it! Why her!? 
 
- You have ten seconds left, Mr. Bae. 9... 8... 7... 6... 5... 4... 3... 2..
 
- I agree!
 
- See? This wasn't as hard as you made it seem, Mr. Bae. Any special wishes? I might fulfill them.
 
- Don't touch her, don't hurt her, don't do anything to her! She must stay untouched and flawless! She deserves the best life in the world! Don't take that away from her! Don't make her a prisoner! Be patient with her! Don't leave her alone! And don't you dare kill her!
 
- You are degrading me Mr. Bae. Killing is not something I do. You of all people must be aware of that. I will fulfill some of your wishes. But not all.
 
- Don't you dare break your promise! I will find you in Hell if anything happens! I swear!
 
- Don't get too a head of yourself Mr. Bae. It doesn't suit you. Have a good day and a good life. Better tell her about this deal of ours or I'll use it against you. I always have upper hand, Mr. Bae. Don't ever forget that. Goodbye.