Chapter 4

That Pretty Sunflower
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

At the Kang household is another dinner between the two families of Kang and Park again. Everyone was quietly eating and focusing their food except for Seulgi. She was very shy to be seated in front of Park Jimin that she cant keep but stole glances of him. He then caught her taking another glanced which surprised her making her glance to her left and right side and even in the floor and ceiling to make it appear as if she was just observing their dining area. Her actions made Jimin lift his left eyebrow and Seulgi noticed it.

The old Kang noticed his granddaughter's embarrassed face as her cheeks turns to red. This made him chuckled inside and makes him wonder where is his highly confident princess who seems to ignore the young Park when they were kids.

"I guess we can now talk about what your decision is Jimin." The old Kang said when dessert was served.

"Grandson." The old Park called and looked at Jimin and Jimin replied with a respectful nod.

"Grandfather Kang, uncle Jaehyuk and hyung, I requested this dinner to formally ask your only princess' hand in marriage. Though Seulgi already asked me, still I want to ask all your permission to marry her." He said then looked at Seulgi who was very surprised. Everyone was surprised too since no one expected him to do that given the situation that made by Seulgi.

"Hahahaha." The old Kang laughed breaking the silence as he was the first one to recover at Jimin's words.

"You truly are amazing Jimin. You dont really need to ask especially we were the one who is asking you but still you formally ask for my granddaughter's hand. I know that what we asked from you is very hard but you still resorted to formality like a real man asking his girl's hand for marriage. With this I thank you and welcome you to our family and as my grandson." The old Kang said and offered his hand for a handshake which Jimin gladly took.

"I really want to make things as real as posible sir." Jimin replied which made the old Kang smile again.

"Since Jimin said yes to the marriage I guess we can now proceed with the papers of signing the marriage contract. Attorney Son is here with us to wed our children, Jimin and Seulgi." Jimin and Jinyoung's father said as atty. Son is preparing the paper.

"Appa, before that I have only two request that I hope the two family will agree." Jimin said which confused everyone.

"What is it grandson?" The old Park was the one to asked.

"First, since this is not only about the families' wish to become one, but also mine and Seulgi's marriage, I want to have a wedding ceremony after the semester for preparation. I want us to decide about the theme, venue, designs, foods and others but I hope you would help us mom and lead the organization of our wedding." Jimin said as he looked at his mother.

"I am very much willing to help you both with that son. Omo, I feel so very excited." Mrs. Park replied and Jimin nodded. Everyone also agreed since a wedding sounds really nice and real.

"For my second request, I want Seulgi to live with me. I want us to know each other being a husband and wife. I already bought a house last year but we will live at our mansion for now since the house is still being furnished". Jimin said which again surprised everyone.

"But I want to stay here." Seulgi said and Jimin just looked at Seulgi telling how serious he is with his request.

"I guess thats reasonable for your marriage Jimin. Though it is hard to let go, but I know that it is very necessary for the two of you so you two can get along well. Mianhe Seulgi, you should go with him. Dont worry, we will still see each other." The old kang said and Seulgi just nod knowing that she cant do anything more.

Atty. Son started the little ceremony for Seulgi and Jimin. The two exchanged vows and signed the contract along their family as the witnesses. But unlike the wedding that they both wanted, the promises was never sealed with a kiss. Not only because theres a small feud with the two but also because there is just no love between them.

"Jimminie, I hope you will take good care of my sister." Minhyuk said to Jimin as she prepare her stuffs to move on to the Park family's house.

"I will hyung." Jimin seriously said and gave Minhyuk a small smile. Minhyuk is like a real brother to him. He took care the four of them when they were kids. He also continued to watch all of them like his real siblings. He was a hyung and oppa which everyone can rely on. When he was just starting his training to run their business, Minhyuk was there to teach him whenever he failed to understand. He was there whenever he needed him. Thats why he respect Minhyuk a lot.

After a little more minutes of waiting, Seulgi finally went down with her luggages. She only carried some of her clothes, school stuffs and drawing materials. She still didnt acknowledge her moving out of their house, her room.

"Take care our Seulgi yah." Minhyuk said as they hug. Seulgi hugged him more tightly telling her brother how much she wanted to stay. She just let go when she saw their dad who is only staring at them blanky. There is no emotion in his eyes and theres no care that you could feel. Rather than hugging his daughter and properly send her off, he just rolled his eyes and turn his back.

What happened hurted Seulgi very much. How could her dad continue to ignore her, how could he just send her off with no objections at all. But, everything heals slowly when her grandfather showed his most genuine smile and hugged her.

"Take care my princess. I will always be here everytime you need me. I love you Seulgi yah." Her grandfather said and Seulgi only nodded as a reply since her grandpa's words really touched her that a lump formed in . With a soft pat of her grandpa to her head, they finally bid goodbye.

The old Park and Mr. And Mrs. Park went inside their car. While Jinyoung and Jimin brought their own cars. So as a wife, Seulgi sat in the shotgun seat inside Jimin's car as the boy opened it for her.

Jimin then started the engine and started to drive away from the Kang family. Seulgi was very amazed from the boy's driving skill. It was soft but not too slow. Its very relaxing and smooth. The only problem was their silence. As she stare Jimin's hands in the steering wheel, she cant help but remember their small argument yesterday night.

"Lets talk" Seulgi was surprised when she saw Jimin in front of her holding her arm to stop her. She was so shocked that she let Jimin drag her away the hidden night club.

"Jimin?" She called to get his attention but she cant help but notice the place where they stopped. They were in the Han river and she felt the coldness embraced her cheeks. The view of the river illuminated by light was magnificient but it was even more beautiful when Jimin turned to her and became part of the picture. He looks beautiful, she thought.

"What are you doing there?" Jimin asked in a serious tone which destroyed her little fantasy.

"I ahmmm I was there to drink a coffee." She lied since she knows that he will react negatively when he learned the secret club.

"So whats up with this?" He asked as he swiftly stole the mask in her Jacket's pocket.

"I know where youre going Seulgi. I know that you are planning to go to that illegal club with this (her mask). Dont go or Ill tell your father about this." He said in a serious tone. She was surprised because he knows about the club but mentioning her father, the reason why she goes there and rebelling felt bitter to her. And him not agreeing to marry her their last dinner and his scene with Mina agitated more.

"So what? Mind your own business because you dont care about me anyway." She bitterly said and turned her back to him.

"I care." Jimin said even though he was surprised to her words.

"I do care Seulgi." He repeated but more softly and sincere when she turned to face him and looked at him in the eyes.

She was surprised again. She was stunned and dont know what to say that her feet is glued on the land. Jimin take this opportunity to move closer to her until there is only an inch distance between them.

"I will marry you. And I will make everything real. Things will go on my way, my want and my rules. So you better prepare yourself because there is no more turning back. Remember, you asked for it." He said which surprised her more.

"We're here." Jimin said and lightly tapped her to wake her up. The ride was not really long but she felt asleep with his gentle drive and city lights conquering her eyes.

Jimin then went out and opened the door for her. He then carried her stuffs and lead her to their door. His small actions touched her heart forgetting her little argument with him, now her husband.

"Welcome to our house my daughter Seulgi, treat this as your own." Jimin's mother said as she hugged her along with Mr. Park and grandpa Park. But Jinyoung just stood there and nodded to her for a little greet then excused himself and went to his room.

"I hope you would treat us like a real family now Seulgi. Please dont be shy to ask us and the helpers here if you need something." The old Park said.

"Thank you sir." She replied which made him chuckled.

"Come on Seulgi, I just said to treat us like a family, call me grandpa please." The old Kang said and Seulgi nodded politely.

"Okay grandpa." She said shyly which made him smiled.

"I hope you know to address us as "mom" and "dad" too, and not call me madam" Mrs. Park said as if she knows that Seulgi would do that. This made her blushed but the word "mom" and "dad" made her heart warm. Her mother died when she was young that she no longer has anyone to call "mom" and whenever she calls her father "dad or appa", his reaction would always feels like he was disgusted and annoyed.

"I will, ahmm mom." She said ackwardly but it brought smile to Mrs. Park.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter